Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures 26th/29th October

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Watched the stream of the Bohs match on skorlive. Have to agree with Ezekial's points. Bohs were very good, and are a joy to watch, but they visibly tired with about 25 to go. You could see Dundalk grabbing one, even at the death. The draw was a little harsh on them overall though, I thought. Keith Long's doing a fantastic job there. Was hard to see what happened to Hoban but he went straight down as the equalizer went in. Would be a bit of a blow for Dundalk heading into the final if he is out, but they're not a one-man team.
    I was at the match and was it difficult to know what happened but have been told he twisted his ankle as he spun away to celebrate Clearys goal.Freak incident.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Cracking game at Dalymount, Bohs were excellent and probably deserved win (especially on first half display) but Dundalk were always in it at 1-0 and had chances especially late on (both before and after the equalizer). Speed, power and Fitness levels of Dundalk make them such an exceptional LOI side.
    Excellent game to watch and a more than decent crowd make it another great night at Dalymount. Bohs, Dundalk and both sets of supporters put on a great advertisement for Irish football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Derry looked like the season couldn't end quick enough for them. Started brightly enough but once it started to go against them the game was over.

Good way to end the season for us, did well to finish 5th in the end although I don't think that says much for the rest of the league given how frequently we underperformed. Looking forward to next season already, going to be a weird one without Bucko and Conan but encouraging signs that we've already got a few lads signed up for the next couple of years. Think we're only a couple of additions off properly challenging for Europe (assuming Waterford and Rovers don't drastically improve themselves).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    And ye've qualified to turn down the Scottish Cup again

Would leave Bohs and Sligo again as the two next in line.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    A chance of what? Europe?
    Europe or winning a cup, yeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    1-0 to Harps at h-t(McCourt Pen)
    Lims have had chances as well.

Anyone got a stream to the match(SkorLive don't seem to have it)or will i just have to stick with the radio commentary?

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Still have a chance to save things at home. With the form we've been in that's as much as I hoped for.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Result now.

Harps will have wanted more from the home leg I'm sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    We are very fortunate to be going down with a lead, limerick the better side

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    We had more of the ball but Harps were happy enough to let us have it and just keep their shape, as we struggled to create anything at all.

Sent countless crosses into the box, all dealt with fairly comfortably.

I'd imagine the second leg will look pretty similar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    We paid Limerick to much respect I think ,whos only tactic seemed to be lump it into the box,poor poor game to watch,all to play for!

Shout out to the Limerick fan who threw a banger at Kavanagh,always one who ruins it for the 99% who were very vocal and supported well.
    Last edited by joey B; 29/10/2018 at 10:42 PM.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Disgusted to see a Limerick fan throw a pyrotechnic onto the pitch at John Kavanagh. Could have seriously injured him, or Danny Morrisey (who pretty stupidly tried to kick it off the pitch just as it was about to explode).

On the match, it was a pretty poor game. Harps afforded too much respect to Limerick, we made too many changes, albeit a few enforced with Timlin, Coyle and Gallagher all big losses to us. Dropping Jacob Borg into centre half killed a lot of our midfield creativity and steel too.

Nice for Paddy McCourt to score the winning goal on his final home game for the club, even if he had a pretty poor game otherwise.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Disgusted to see a Limerick fan throw a pyrotechnic onto the pitch at John Kavanagh. Could have seriously injured him, or Danny Morrisey (who pretty stupidly tried to kick it off the pitch just as it was about to explode).

On the match, it was a pretty poor game. Harps afforded too much respect to Limerick, we made too many changes, albeit a few enforced with Timlin, Coyle and Gallagher all big losses to us. Dropping Jacob Borg into centre half killed a lot of our midfield creativity and steel too.

Nice for Paddy McCourt to score the winning goal on his final home game for the club, even if he had a pretty poor game otherwise.
    Throw Harps fans mocking a young player being stretchered off the pitch in the list of things to be disgusted at while you're there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Throw Harps fans mocking a young player being stretchered off the pitch in the list of things to be disgusted at while you're there.
    I genuinely can't say I heard anything other than a big round of applause all round the ground when he was being taken off the pitch. I would indeed be disgusted if there were any mocking of him being taken off injured though.

Anything to say on the pyro?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I genuinely can't say I heard anything other than a big round of applause all round the ground when he was being taken off the pitch. I would indeed be disgusted if there were any mocking of him being taken off injured though.

Anything to say on the pyro?
    He was getting a lot of stick from the moment he went down which I found odd as we were the ones behind. Big cheer and laughter went up from a section when he was on stretcher before as you rightly point out the majority of the crowd applauded him off.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to bring them bangers to a football game in the first place is a complete and utter moron and even more so for throwing them on the pitch whether it was near a player or not. Brain dead clowns entertained by a loud bang.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I would guess you're on about the section behind the goals? They'd be well known across the league for giving goalkeepers stick. Robert Birdsall, then of Waterford, tweeted jokingly in 2015 something along the lines that he'd rather be subjected to a night in Syria than have to face another 45 minutes of standing in the town end of Finn Park.

Genuinely didn't hear any sort of mocking from them though tonight.

The bangers were supposedly passed through the fence. So they went to some lengths to actually get them into the ground. As John Kavanagh went to take a throw, one of those aforementioned morons threw one and hit him in the back of the leg. Danny Morrissey tried to kick it off the pitch and it blew up as he was about to kick it and got a nice bang to the face.

And Harps will be the ones left with a fine from it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I would guess you're on about the section behind the goals? They'd be well known across the league for giving goalkeepers stick. Robert Birdsall, then of Waterford, tweeted jokingly in 2015 something along the lines that he'd rather be subjected to a night in Syria than have to face another 45 minutes of standing in the town end of Finn Park.

Genuinely didn't hear any sort of mocking from them though tonight.

The bangers were supposedly passed through the fence. So they went to some lengths to actually get them into the ground. As John Kavanagh went to take a throw, one of those aforementioned morons threw one and hit him in the back of the leg. Danny Morrissey tried to kick it off the pitch and it blew up as he was about to kick it and got a nice bang to the face.

And Harps will be the ones left with a fine from it.
    Doubt they were passed through the fence not a single Limerick fan was checked coming in garbage with flags bags of confetti and other bags carried in without even being looked at so could have easily just walked in with em. I was putting flags up at the fence anyway before the game and saw nothing being handed in. Was surprised how lax it was with regard searches tbh.

What Danny was doing going anywhere near if is beyond me.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    I think Horgan is just a pretty conservative manager, and from his perspective, he had the lead, and he was going to protect it. Harps gave away a lot of territory and possession but defended their box pretty comfortably for the most part. I'd say he is fairly pleased with it, and will adopt a fairly similar set up on Friday.

I can imagine some frustration from Harps fans though, given how 'there for the taking' Limerick have been all season.

From a Limerick perspective, it's just hard to see where we will score from. We are just so toothless up front.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Goal & penalty decision from last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    The state of that defending knew it was as stupid decision from Brouder lastnight looks worse from that angle.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast