Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 301 to 313 of 313

Thread: Kits 2019

  1. #301
    First Team sullanefc's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    81
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    204
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Cork City even had a white away shirt with black shorts in 2000/2001. Disgraceful carry on.
    http://www.corkcitykits.com/2000-01.html
    CCFC - Trying to be like Dundalk since 2000/01.

  2. #302
    Reserves mcgonigle's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    746
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    191
    Thanked in
    84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Cork City even had a white away shirt with black shorts in 2000/2001. Disgraceful carry on.
    http://www.corkcitykits.com/2000-01.html
    CCFC - Trying to be like Dundalk since 2000/01.
    I can imagine the board meeting now "right lads we need to close the gap on Dundalk, any ideas?". "We need to match their playing style, get the ball down and maximise the quality we have". Everyone looks over at Caulfield having an argument with a chair..... "Black and white jersey anyone?"

  3. #303
    Seasoned Pro micls's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,971
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    347
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    266
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    I can imagine the board meeting now "right lads we need to close the gap on Dundalk, any ideas?"
    "Let's start a Kenny for Ireland campaign. Be subtle though, get Pats to post it online for us."

  4. Thanks From:


  5. #304
    International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Limerick for now.
    Posts
    7,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,091
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,485
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Sligo away...looks just the same template as Harps home?



  6. #305
    Seasoned Pro oriel's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Border
    Posts
    3,079
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    482
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    318
    Thanked in
    242 Posts
    Nice away kit, but the photo would have looked so much better if they had waited for a clear blue sky in the background.
    @DundalkFC 4 titles in 5 years 2014/2015/2016/2018

  7. #306
    Youth Team thebronze14's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    106
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    42
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    You'd be waiting a while up in the North West TBF!

  8. #307
    First Team sullanefc's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    81
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    204
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    So after Cork City release an away kit in the Dundalk colours, Derry City have launched a Drogheda style kit...

    It seems the LOI has run out of colours.

  9. #308
    Apprentice Couch Potato's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    So after Cork City release an away kit in the Dundalk colours, Derry City have launched a Drogheda style kit...

    It seems the LOI has run out of colours.
    Pats are due a new away kit this season I hope to god its not green and white

  10. #309
    First Team
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,152
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    233
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    no have it on good authority it is going to be White and Green

  11. #310
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,382
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,244
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,910
    Thanked in
    1,720 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post
    Pats are due a new away kit this season I hope to god its not green and white
    There's at least one fella who'd be happy with that.

    hqdefault.jpg

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #311
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    621
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    230
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    173
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    So after Cork City release an away kit in the Dundalk colours, Derry City have launched a Drogheda style kit...

    It seems the LOI has run out of colours.
    In fairness, for a small league we cover a broad base of colours.

    Of the 92 senior clubs in England - only 2 play in green and white hoops, and none I can think of play in the blue and black stripes of Athlone. Pats have played away in the Barcelona stripes for a while now, which is a not very common colour combination either. black and red stripes aren't that common as well - yet we've got 2 clubs playing in them.

    What colours do we realistically not have much - yellow/gold (e.g. Watford) ? Kilkenny City covered that base until they dropped out.

  14. #312
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,804
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    720
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    588
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Is there much 'history' behind the choice of colours at clubs? Dundalk's original GNR colours were the colours of the GNR crest, corporate colours so to speak. When we played in white top and blue shorts ive no idea why but the black/white and often with a red trim would be the colours of the town crest.

  15. #313
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    241
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    In fairness, for a small league we cover a broad base of colours.

    Of the 92 senior clubs in England - only 2 play in green and white hoops, and none I can think of play in the blue and black stripes of Athlone. Pats have played away in the Barcelona stripes for a while now, which is a not very common colour combination either. black and red stripes aren't that common as well - yet we've got 2 clubs playing in them.

    What colours do we realistically not have much - yellow/gold (e.g. Watford) ? Kilkenny City covered that base until they dropped out.
    Drums were blue and yellow, Thurles Town too?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Similar Threads

  1. New Kits 2012
    By Dunny in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 18/06/2012, 5:58 PM
  2. Kits
    By forza rovers in forum Sligo Rovers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 21/03/2008, 5:57 PM
  3. Old kits
    By scoops85 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13/03/2007, 10:43 AM
  4. kits
    By jdexter in forum Waterford FC
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04/08/2006, 9:14 AM
  5. New Kits
    By EireBadBoy in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05/03/2003, 4:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •