Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kits 2019

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    I'm praying Derry City announce an away shirt with Lady Diana on or something - just to get us away from the mind-numbingly dull chat about whether a shirt is more black with white or white with black, and yet another thread ruined by Dundalk/Cork sniping.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Rovers are about to launch a 3rd strip with a picture of John F Kennedy on it, should sell well with the Yanks.
    Its because of the obvious link with Maureen O Hara being a lifelong fan of Rovers............she acted in a film with John Wayne who was an American .....and JFK was American and an Irish American one at that and Irish Americans wear green and white......so .....bobs your Uncle.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The comments on imitation or flattery were obviously tongue in cheek osurusan. Nobody would actually think that Cork were trying to imitate Dundalk.

Whether directed at me or not Osarusan your final comment was unnecessary and tbh your own posts can be quite churlish and priggish. Though that is possibly your intention at times.
    Ah would you stop. "I was only joking; could you not tell?", followed by "Yeah? Well, you're one too"

Could we not raise the bar a little bit beyond pre-school?

Osarusan is one of the most level-headed posters on here and is perfectly entitled to point out another thread going down the Dundalk/Cork (or Dundalk/Rovers) toilet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry 'da' Wyse View Post
    Between 'High voltage' and CCFC 'Back in Black' this thread screams AC/DC ;-) Blow up yer VAR!
    ...and this thread is definitely on a 'Highway to hell'

Given Dundalk's huge apparent interest in the new Cork away 'shirt' perhaps CCFC should look at marketing it in The Town.Everyone wins. kinda.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Rovers are about to launch a 3rd strip with a picture of John F Kennedy on it, should sell well with the Yanks.
    Its because of the obvious link with Maureen O Hara being a lifelong fan of Rovers............she acted in a film with John Wayne who was an American .....and JFK was American and an Irish American one at that and Irish Americans wear green and white......so .....bobs your Uncle.
    Wasn't JFK a serial cheat ? Oh wait I can see the connection now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Wasn't JFK a serial cheat ? Oh wait I can see the connection now
    Good man, marinobohs, let's move this thread towards a good old-fashioned Bohs-Rovers bitchfest

Meanwhile the rest of you will miss the epic Dundalk-Cork bantz in a couple of years when the wheels have come off and we're back in the First Division.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Good man, marinobohs, let's move this thread towards a good old-fashioned Bohs-Rovers bitchfest

Meanwhile the rest of you will miss the epic Dundalk-Cork bantz in a couple of years when the wheels have come off and we're back in the First Division.
    Ah now Sean, you should know its never that black and white

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Ah would you stop. "I was only joking; could you not tell?", followed by "Yeah? Well, you're one too"

Could we not raise the bar a little bit beyond pre-school?

Osarusan is one of the most level-headed posters on here and is perfectly entitled to point out another thread going down the Dundalk/Cork (or Dundalk/Rovers) toilet.
    Wise up Stu, for starters I didnt introduce any comment on immitation or flattery thats was someone else, what I did say was the the Wilde quote might be apt. Nobody suggested that Cork would deliberately mimick a Dundalk shirt in anything more than a mischief like manner. My question or issue was that of people not seeing the similarities until Sullen did albeit being the only one. My last post was to concede that I had misread things, over reacted, projecting on how I would feel myself etc. To quit the way I was dragging the thread in a way based entirely on my own way of seeing things. It had nothing to do with joking! and not 'could you not tell I was joking all along'. I dont get the 'you're one too' comment' as Osarusan didnt point out that the thread was going down the Dundalk/Cork (or Dundalk/Rovers) toilet. He made a sweeping comment that was snide (IMO) directed at no one in particular, am I not entitled to point that out? It wouldnt be the first time but stones in glasshouses and all that. Indeed you would have been a bit beyond preschool by not trying to make something out of nothing of my previous post above and simply taken it as it was intended. Jaysus I voiced an opinion, pushed it beyond silly, and backtracked with lightened up on it. Quote the post in full rather than edit for effect and the tone is quite obviously acknowledging that I was pushing it!!

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    He doesn't have two to rub together, best leaving him to his rambles
    another one you heard from the sham AGM ? or is that held in Australia now so that the owner can attend

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Wise up Stu, for starters I didnt introduce any comment on immitation or flattery thats was someone else,
    No, it was you.

Interesting choice of colours. If it was all black but black and white? They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
    That's not really the issue for me though, the issue for me is stuff like this absolute nonsense.

You sure are repeating the same point so are you sure you are not protesting too much? There is such a tone of defeatism and resignation in your post. You say your fans dont know that black and white, even if spun as black with a bit of/some/little white, are not colours most associated with another club? That is complete horsesh!t, of course Cork fans know it they are chosing to ignore it. If they know how many extra toes we supposedly have they know our colours lol. Claiming ignorance is never a defence of anything tbh.

The revisionism in your post is that of a fan who is struggling with the outcome of the season and worrying about the implications for your club and indeed talking down the bizzare decision to chose current rival's colours as a kit. You feel the rivalry is at an end and so are minimising it, consigning it to a blip of the past.
    It is a ridiculous attempt to turn nothing into something.

There isn't any mischief or banter or 'tongue in cheek' element to it, just garbage.

He made a sweeping comment that was snide (IMO) directed at no one in particular, am I not entitled to point that out?
    I'll hold my hands up on this one, I mistook you for another Dundalk poster who does have a long history of garbage wind-ups, so my apologies for that.
    Last edited by osarusan; 27/11/2018 at 3:06 PM.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Fair enough!! I should read back before I go swinging. I cant deny I havent been in general tetchy and rant mode since the middle of last week. And yes the quoted post is bs, but it was more an attempt to stir or lash out a bit than it was some deep upset at the choice of colours. That the jersey comparisons may not have been viewable to see the similarity I was thinking how on earth the similarities could not be seen. Not that it was particularly important either way. My apologies and my excuse is being p!ssed at John Delaney, in general but more than usual after thnking we have kept an important key person to the owners money making ambitions and without that person risks them losing interest....its my excuse whether a worthy one or not is another thing.

I do still think that some of your posts can come across as priggish, so Im not all apologies, but it is foot.ie so there are no shortage of such posts myself included.

Where is Dodge these days and i'm surprised Asterix and Placid Casual aren't out and about with a smirk or two! As for Stu well if you are going to quote quote the lot, If I put a smiley at the end here does that mean I can claim 'only joking' later on
    Last edited by Nesta99; 27/11/2018 at 3:38 PM.

16. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    899 Posts
    my excuse is being p!ssed at John Delaney
    This should be foot.ie's version of the get out of jail card in Monopoly!
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    . My question or issue was that of people not seeing the similarities until Sullen did albeit being the only one.
    I'm the only one agreeing with you and you get my name wrong!!! Tsk.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    I originally said we've had 2, but we've actually had 4. I forgot about the latest 2 including the one micls posted.

This is one from 10 years ago:

https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/fr...rt-s24630.html

And here's the other 2:

https://museumofjerseys.com/2017/01/...black-to-blue/

https://www.adverts.ie/team-sports/c...jersey/3883380

As far as I know the final 2 were throwbacks to Cork Celtic, the 2005 version marking Cork as European Capital of Culture. As for the black and red......that was from the time of Arkaga where absolutely nothing made sense so we can probably write that off.
    No issue with the last 2 with the yellow trim. As you said, a nod to the past.

As bad as Arkaga were, at least it had some connection to our colours with the red trim.

If you remove the sponsors on the shirt that micls posted then it is plain black and white, which has no connection to us, but at least Dundalk weren't main rivals then.

I think our BOM should have been more aware, that's all. A bit of yellow/green trim would have sorted it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    I'm the only one agreeing with you and you get my name wrong!!! Tsk.
    Nah I thought Sullen was a better fit! I had better do the emoji now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Nah I thought Sullen was a better fit! I had better do the emoji now
    Oh right. I thought it was an SEN thing tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Can you boys get off the bohs rovers thread please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    No cause when I was having a rant as a Dundalk fan about Cork, Bohs fans had the chance to explain why their players had green boots, some of them, and how a green jersey become known as jade. Think of what would have been missed without Dundalk/Cork infiltration.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Fair point , you can stay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Our new merchandising guy really has gmdone fantastic work this year. It's gone from the most underutilised and complained about part of the club to the most highly praised.

The new shop renovations look fab and the new display for this Jersey has gone down very well. Good to see off the field stuff being done well. FB_IMG_1543524551526.jpg

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast