Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Kits 2019

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Bohs will be grand, it's just an image in the likeness of a clenched fist...

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Rumour has it this image just missed out....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Bohs will be grand, it's just an image in the likeness of a clenched fist...
    Aye,it's even an emoji for feck sake,like who can claim image rights on the fist?
    Bohs will end up with a snowflake on that shirt way things are going!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    The gay pride colours and the fist are an unusual combo but i'm all for inclusion

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    They don't appreciate political symbols and Bohs statement confirms that it is political.
    I did a bit of checking and I think it might be ok. The Fare network who work with UEFA have a list of symbols that might be questioned. In general they relate to those displayed by fans, but it may be a good reference point for team kit too. See page 41.

http://www.farenet.org/wp-content/up...all_2016-2.pdf

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Park_Lane View Post
    Rumour has it this image just missed out....
    Now that I think about it, a picture of Roddy's noggin would have been a guaranteed unit shifter. They still chant his name in Lisbon from his glory nights as a player, not to mention his fan club in Malta.

Missed opportunity.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Can we still go ahead with this jersey?

Maybe we can pay Bohs a commission for their customers who wish to transfer their orders from Bob to Jim
    That's my quick handiwork, I'll take a flat 10% off the top and won't send a cease and desist, Jim is a freeman of the land and doesn't recognise the soulless minions of orthodoxy running the country and the legal system so I'll take his cut as well!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    It would be hilarious if Bohs had to pull the jersey to replace the one that they had to pull in the first place.
    Apparently their Board are all very savvy types, so there's just no way something like that could ever happen...

You're just bitter and jealous to even suggest it.

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    I for one am stunned that Bohs have had to pull this jersey over image rights. Someone should really have said something earlier :

Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    I just hope they thought about and sorted image rights. Otherwise, they could find the Bob Marley Estate delivers them a very hefty bill after they've done all the hard work in selling (and spending the income from) lots of these shirts. They're using his 'brand' to sell a shirt, so they should really be paying his estate/family for that right.
    I'm sure that if they had then Bohs fans (and others) would have taken that risk seriously :

Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    Are Bohs gonna say it's not Marley or did they have approval? You'd think O'Neills would have done their homework at least and wouldn't print something like that without a legal opinion anyway
    I'm sure it's all been planned to avoid any possible legal issues.
    i'm sure they have a legal team who's looked into this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbohs View Post
    Wow the passive bitterness on here is palpable. It's going to be the biggest selling LOI jersey ever . Get over it.I haven't seen anywhere online or in print where Bohs have released a statement saying they have a picture of Bob Marley on the jersey. It could plausibly be kept in club shop for years to come and still sell well each year. Sales have come in from the 4 corners of the globe. The latest straw clutcher is stating that it's against the laws of the game. Who cares . It will still sell and be stocked in the shop. I don't think Joey in Canada is worried in the slightest if Bohs do or don't wear it 4 times next season.
    It's brought massive PR to Bohs and also by default the league.Its the sort of brave out of the box thinking that the league needs as a whole . I've just order 2000 Rasta wigs to sell on the North Circular Rd
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbohs View Post
    Stop me when I start telling lies so micls and quote me the press release where Bohs as a club have said anything anywhere about the image referencing it to being Bob Marley. For a judge to fall for any nonsense it has to get to a court.
    This won't as ONeills are involved, a company with 800 staff and offices in multiple locations. They have also been down this road before with Addidas and won so their legal dept will have done their homework. Unless you are suggesting that such a company would on a whim from a part time football club leave themselves wide open to having their brand dragged through the courts..
    Oh by the way, BFC are not obligated to tell the masses on various fora the intimate details of the commercial contracts
    How much would that PR cost an average LOI club .
    Stay jealous lads
    We're talking about a very very hypothetical situation here, folks. No need to get worked up. I find it v hard to believe that Bohs and especially O'Neills would be retarded enough to leaving themselves open to litigation from the Marley estate.
    Maybe we should park the whole debate about image rights until it actually becomes an issue.
    That's exactly what i mean. Given that they've been through the ringer recently, and O'Neills had a copywright case with adidas a few years ago too, the chances of both of them leaving themselves open on this must be very small.
    In fairness we're on a football forum. Fans are emotional creatures. There will inevitably be bitterness, jealousy and begrudgery, no matter how much people pretend to rise above it.
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    so, massive sales for an away jerseys. Huge publicity for the club and our sponsors across the world and no suggestion of any adverse legal action. What's not to like ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
    Also, the image on the jersey is not of Bob Marley but a Rastafarian individual (an image bought from a website). The new board at Bohs are very savvy with this type of thing and you would be deluded to think they did not check to see if they would be in any way shape or form open from a legal perspective. But look, jealously was always going to creep into this from other clubs (particularly Dublin) so keep hoping there's going to be legal action against Bohs, you may be waiting a while!
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    The Pats obsession with Bohs continues. If it isn't Dodge mouthing on twitter talking about our run or where we finished in the league relative to Pats, it's talking about our jersey.
    The jersey has sold more than our home and away combined for the last 2 years. So how won't we do well out of it? Will it break the internet and sell millions, meaning we can buy Dalyer and redevelop it outright and be able to compete with Dundalk? No!
    Will it be the best selling jersey in the league? Most definitely. It looks good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    So far nothing, unless massive publicity for the club, sold out first run and preorders for more than the club can supply is your idea of 'going wrong' brilliant promotional idea that has delivered on every front for the club.

Perhaps people in the LOI are so used to bad news that when something good or innovative comes along people immediately look for the (possible) down side.Or maybe the LOI fraternity are just a bunch of whingey old gits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I don't know why anyone would pour scorn on this, certainly in terms of raising profile for Bohs - it has done as was hoped and some. Of course people were going to ask about image rights simply as across the league as we are not renowned for covering all bases and things not backfiring but once there was explination of things being covered then thats it. Great job Bohs for turning such a tenuous connection to a muic icon in to one of if not the best publicity stunts in modern league history.
    As I stated before, how anyone could give a club that sold the same piece of land twice to two different people the benefit of the doubt on this is worrying. Apparently these are changed times and the very savvy current Board learned from that previous legal ****-up

Huge Kudos to Dalymountrower for seeming to be the only Bohs supporter on here who saw this coming from the very start :

Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    The Marley estate have been very litigious 're Bob's image rights.Took Wal-Mart and Target on in the states and won big damages. Dont think that jersey will ever go into production with the BM image.
    The Greatest League in the World has just out-greatest itself, and without a ball even being kicked ! God I love the League of Ireland

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    15 quotes. That's gotta be a record.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    I for one am stunned that Bohs have had to pull this jersey over image rights. Someone should really have said something earlier :

I'm sure that if they had then Bohs fans (and others) would have taken that risk seriously :

As I stated before, how anyone could give a club that sold the same piece of land twice to two different people the benefit of the doubt on this is worrying. Apparently these are changed times and the very savvy current Board learned from that previous legal ****-up

Huge Kudos to Dalymountrower for seeming to be the only Bohs supporter on here who saw this coming from the very start :

The Greatest League in the World has just out-greatest itself, and without a ball even being kicked ! God I love the League of Ireland
    While yourself and Dalymountrower were correct in hindsight, there are some important words in the media release that indicate this wasn't same old same old.

Bohemian Football Club acted in good faith and followed the correct process when purchasing the licence for this image via a world-leading third-party photo licensing company. However, the Bob Marley representative agency has informed us that this company did not have the right to grant any such licence for this image. We are dealing with this separately.
    I get people will want to get their jollies off us - and have at it as far as I'm concerned, its funny - but it sounds from the above that the club was somewhat shafted by the licensing company. The reason people gave the benefit of the doubt is because it is a completely different board - one that does an honest and, to date, very effective job on a mostly voluntary basis. Vastly different to the charlatans who used to wine and dine themselves and others to sell off our ground without doing a jot of due diligence.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I get people will want to get their jollies off us - and have at it as far as I'm concerned, its funny - but it sounds from the above that the club was somewhat shafted by the licensing company.
    I don't know. You can buy photos through a site like SportsFile, say - but that doesn't give you carte blanch image rights.

If Bohs didn't tell the licencing company what they were buying the image for - and there'd be no real need to necessarily - then it's hardly the image company's fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts

and The Greatest Gloat in the World all in one thread!! What a close season and its not 2 days old...

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    I don't know. You can buy photos through a site like SportsFile, say - but that doesn't give you carte blanch image rights.

If Bohs didn't tell the licencing company what they were buying the image for - and there'd be no real need to necessarily - then it's hardly the image company's fault.
    It could be that - for sure - but we don't know. It could as plausibly be accidental misrepresentation from the licensing company based on the words of the media release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    It could, sure.

But history has taught us not to be believing Bohs on this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    It could, sure.

But history has taught us not to be believing Bohs on this
    History has not been kind to many clubs for many reasons!

But things change. That is where I am prepared to give some credit to our current board than previous versions.

Still really feckin embarrassing though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    The more things change in the LoI, the more they stay the same.

It's why we love it.

(Seriously, only a Bohs fan would try blame the picture company. This is Bohs' fault entirely; everyone here who's not a Bohs fan could spot the really obvious issue straight away)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Ultimately it is Bohs fault. Sorry if I suggested otherwise - I wasn't trying to lay the blame entirely at the other party. I just think that it is mitigated somewhat if they were misinformed by the licensing company about the scope of the license.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    It could be that - for sure - but we don't know. It could as plausibly be accidental misrepresentation from the licensing company based on the words of the media release.
    Or it could just be deliberately worded that way by the club to shift the blame and stop themselves looking like a bunch of fcukwits.

At this stage, I know which option I'd put money on

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    15 quotes. That's gotta be a record.
    And pride of place for you featuring in a third of them

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast