Probably because the steward had kicked the Limerick player first
    Did you see this happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    Did you see this happen?
    No but the linesman did so obviously was included in the report of the referee, who didn't see the incident, hence the leniency of the ban. If he had actually struck the steward unprovoked I'm sure he would have been looking at a 6-12 month ban.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Dark web gambling sites are mostly scams and the shadowy Chinese bookies who take Limerick kitbags full of cash on LOI games are a figment of the tabloid imagination.

Where is the money? No money no fix.
    I get all my information from the tabloids? If you're naive enough to believe that every bet struck go's through an ms bookie a\c such as PP or Bet365 then you'd need to wake up.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Examiner is appointed to Limerick FC to ensure club's future

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-38475565.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I get all my information from the tabloids? If you're naive enough to believe that every bet struck go's through an ms bookie a\c such as PP or Bet365 then you'd need to wake up.
    You are living in a dream world if you think it is possible to get a substantial amount on and get paid on a fixed LOI game, to so so
    assumes naiveity on the part of bookmakers a commodity that in my experience is short supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    You are living in a dream world if you think it is possible to get a substantial amount on and get paid on a fixed LOI game, to so so
    assumes naiveity on the part of bookmakers a commodity that in my experience is short supply.
    NB.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    No but the linesman did so obviously was included in the report of the referee, who didn't see the incident, hence the leniency of the ban. If he had actually struck the steward unprovoked I'm sure he would have been looking at a 6-12 month ban.
    It is a big leap of logic to say that because the Limerick player got a lesser punishment than Parkes it automatically follows the steward hit the Limerick player. If the steward hit the Limerick player without provocation we would be facing a massive fine and it would be all over the press.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    with limerick fc in examinership right now and potentially going into new ownership once this period is over of examinership will they move out of markets field again?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    with limerick fc in examinership right now and potentially going into new ownership once this period is over of examinership will they move out of markets field again?
    Again? As in the second time in thirty or forty years?

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts

Not so for Asian gamblers and Asian bookkeepers.
    Jesus its not like it has never happened in Irish football before.....................athlone town, ffs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Not so for Asian gamblers and Asian bookkeepers.
    Jesus its not like it has never happened in Irish football before.....................athlone town, ffs!
    iIRC the guards investigated alleged match fixing inviting involving both Bray and Athlone, both investigations went nowhere. Two Athlone players were find guilty by the FAI of match fixing solely on the basis of the opinion of a "panel of experts" appointed by the FAI for that purpose who viewed video footage of the game in question. Many who seen said footage thought the players only guilty of been poor players.

Many thought including people on here that they were stitched up by the FAI in order to divert attention from their failure to do due diligence on the owners of Athlone at the time.

I do not deny that that LOI match fixing is not attempted, I state that it is difficult to do successfully and profitably. LOI is not a popular betting sport, non league English football (NL) has volumes 3 to 5 times the amount wagered in LOI making it very easy to detect unusual betting patterns which brings us to the shadowy Oriental types who allegedly bet small fortunes in Bitcoin on darknet sites so that can have an interest in a shaky stream without commentary from an obscure country thousands of KM away down the local opium den. FFS.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure why we're in the Market's Field right now, unless the deal they worked out for rent was a significant improvement on previous seasons. We should have gone back to Jackman (if they'd have taken us), for financial reasons if nothing else. There's really not all that much different between the two grounds as far as I can see, bar sentimentality.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure why we're in the Market's Field right now, unless the deal they worked out for rent was a significant improvement on previous seasons. We should have gone back to Jackman (if they'd have taken us), for financial reasons if nothing else. There's really not all that much different between the two grounds as far as I can see, bar sentimentality.
    You're giving Jackman Park a lot of credit. Markets Field might not be up to much but it's umpteen times better than the dreary Jackman Park which happens to be located in the most miserable part of Limerick too.

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    I guess its just a matter of perspective. The Market's Field's location isn't stellar by comparison really, the pitch has been in as bad a state or worse as Jackman frequently. They both have stands, with MF having a bigger one, but that has rarely been filled. In MF you don't have to scale a hill to reach the far side and there is a corporate facility. The away facilities are a bit better I suppose? There's not much else between them. And that's before you consider cost. If you're consistently getting 500 or less, renting out MF is a waste of money if there is a cheaper option that will still fulfill First Division requirements.

If they do move, or if there is no more Limerick, I wonder how the Market's Field will get on. Schools rugby won't keep the place going on its own.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

18. Thanks From:

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112