Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Denmark - Saturday, 13th October 2018 - UEFA Nations League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts

Republic of Ireland V Denmark - Saturday, 13th October 2018 - UEFA Nations League

Squad announced. First callup for Richie Towell. Harry Arter back in. No Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by FAI
    Republic of Ireland Provisional Squad
    Goalkeepers: Darren Randolph (Middlesbrough), Colin Doyle (Hearts), Sean McDermott (Kristiansund BK)
    Defenders: Cyrus Christie (Fulham), Matt Doherty (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Shane Duffy (Brighton & Hove Albion), Richard Keogh (Derby County), Ciaran Clark (Newcastle United), Kevin Long (Burnley), John Egan, Enda Stevens (Sheffield United), Darragh Lenihan, Derrick Williams (Blackburn Rovers), Greg Cunningham (Cardiff City)
    Midfielders: Alan Judge (Brentford), Jeff Hendrick (Burnley), Conor Hourihane (Aston Villa), Alan Browne (Preston North End), Shaun Williams (Millwall), David Meyler (Reading), Harry Arter (Cardiff City*), Daryl Horgan (Hibernian), Callum O'Dowda (Bristol City), James McClean (Stoke City), Richie Towell (Rotherham United*)
    Forwards: Shane Long (Southampton), Graham Burke, Callum Robinson, Sean Maguire (Preston North End), Aiden O'Brien (Millwall), Scott Hogan (Aston Villa), Ronan Curtis (Portsmouth)
    *Indicates player is on loan
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    Rowell missed rotherham's game last night with an injury!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,187 Posts
    Looks a weaker squad than the last one (no Rice, Walters), which itself was one of the weakest squads we'd had for years...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    makes pretty grim reading alright. going to need a game plan, togetherness (and possibly three hail Mary's) to get anything out of these games. Not one area of the team I would be comfortable with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    Independent.ie posted this article earlier
    Denmark leave out Eriksen as Arter remains in Irish exile

Meanwhile, it's understood that peace talks between Roy Keane and Harry Arter have not materialised so the Cardiff midfielder is set to remain in his self-imposed exile.
    but according to the FAI earlier, they did speak

Bit surprised at Dan McDonnell, he's usually pretty reliable
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Egg on the face for Dan. He's normally the most reliable at the Indo. A few of his colleagues report more baseless stuff more often.

Has Towell been that much better than Manning at Rotherham?

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    777 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Looks a weaker squad than the last one (no Rice, Walters), which itself was one of the weakest squads we'd had for years...
    I am not sure. We have a reasonable defence and some promising players in mid-field, even without the missing James McCarthy. It's up front where the main problem lies as we all suspected for years that it would be once Robbie retired.
    Last edited by OwlsFan; 05/10/2018 at 10:14 AM.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    I am not sure. We have a reasonable defence and some promising players in mid-field, even without the missing James McCarthy. It's up front where the main problem lies as we all suspected for years that it would be once Robbie retired.
    I agree. Hendrick and Arter haven't always set the world alight but are good options now. McCarthy and Brady will be good options when they return. Browne and O'Dowda should be important players in the future so they should be offered a chance to develop. McClean is there too, although my mentions above are more for our options in the more central positions, with Brady and O'Dowda showing promise previously as number 8s.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Egg on the face for Dan. He's normally the most reliable at the Indo. A few of his colleagues report more baseless stuff more often.

Has Towell been that much better than Manning at Rotherham?
    Different positions though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    I would go with this team
    -------- -Randy
    ------ kevin long Duffy Egan
    ---Matt D Stevens
    Williams--- Arter----- Mcclean
    O"Dowda
    ------------ ------- Robinson

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I would go with this team
    -------- -Randy
    ------ kevin long Duffy Egan
    ---Matt D Stevens
    Williams--- Arter----- Mcclean
    O"Dowda
    ------------ ------- Robinson
    I'm not against the team but it might look different if Seani and/or Shane Long were fit. Also MON would likely start Hendrick but I can understand giving Williams a go. I think Browne ought to be given a shot. I think he has a lot to offer us once he can adapt to this level.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    I'm not against the team but it might look different if Seani and/or Shane Long were fit. Also MON would likely start Hendrick but I can understand giving Williams a go. I think Browne ought to be given a shot. I think he has a lot to offer us once he can adapt to this level.
    I thnk the wales game was Jeffs Waterloo, I think he will be dropped for the danmark game

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    I thnk the wales game was Jeffs Waterloo, I think he will be dropped for the danmark game
    He has had a few Waterloos though. Austria at home was as lacklustre a performance as anyone has given in the Ireland jersey.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    He has had a few Waterloos though. Austria at home was as lacklustre a performance as anyone has given in the Ireland jersey.
    that's true, but he has also lost his place with Burnley now and I think that will be enough for O'Neill to drop him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    I am not sure. We have a reasonable defense and some promising players in mid-field, even without the missing James McCarthy. It's up front where the main problem lies as we all suspected for years that it would be once Robbie retired.
    It still amazes me Robbie was ever called underrated / didn't score in the important goals. We would have made it to 2002 without him - it would have been the last time we qualified without him - and we'd all still like Henry

Robbie retiring really showed that the FAI are still in Jackie land and, realistically, draws, sneaking a 1-0 win and playoffs might be the only realistic target until the U-17 lads mature.

The last two management picks is the proof in the pudding.
    Trap was trying to make us into Iceland but insulted his players too much.
    Mon is trying to make us into his Leicester of old - and things were going great...until he start insulting his players ability

Put them under pressure....and raise our collective blood pressure every game again
    And its an inevitable reaction to the constant negative interviewing and analysis that's 10 times worse than it was under Jack.

WHY CANT YOU PLAY HOOLIHAN!!!!! ANDY REIDD!! - what other answer is there? WE don't have the player makeup to use utility players effectively against teams with a strong counter.

Thanks bejaysus Dunphy is gone and maybe, just maybe the plague of negative and BS dreams of "street players" is gone.

I've always amazingly thought Stan would have come good if it wasn't that miserable vulture doing all he could to turn public opinion against Stan from match No.2

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    Cunningham,Horgan, Judge, Towell, Burke & Curtis (u21) cut from squad
    Last edited by Diggs246; 09/10/2018 at 11:45 AM. Reason: error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    Towell hasn't been involved in either of Rotherham's last two games, so I was surprised he was called up in the first place

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    Our keeper situation is very serious, if Randy gets injured we are in hot water
    Doyle is not very good and is not getting his place for Hearts anyway.
    Elliot, Westwood and O'Malley have all lost their places at club level
    Ive never seen Sean McDermott play, but I'm not sure if he is even a full time Pro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Cunningham,Horgan, Judge, Towell, Burke & Curtis (u21) cut from squad
    Interesting looking at the players cut. There's a lack of wide men in the squad now. McClean, O'Dowda & Doherty are natural wide players. O'Brien & Robinson have played there for the clubs from time to time.
    Reckon we'll be going 352 against Denmark.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Cunningham started for Cardiff at the weekend. He must be getting frustrated given that Williams and Stevens are still in the Championship.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast