Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Another Loss

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another Loss

I'm away at the moment and was hoping for some good news (a draw would be a step in the right direction) but alas not to be . How did they play? Not wanting to get a tongue lashing from anybody but same old same old bad start to the season....... will we have to wait until the last 5-10 games for some good football again this year(Cups apart) hope not

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    i believe we picked up a bad injury.can anyone confirm this ?
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 01/04/2005 at 7:41 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah! Alan Murphy supected broken ankle....
    never say 'what do girls know about football' !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Real sad news if Alan's leg is broken. Not even a yellow card from a ref who carded Longford Players if they blew their nose. Overall I thought the ref was totally biased and should not be allowed ref again at this level.
    The goal on the stroke of half time was a sucker punch coming at the end of a period where Longford had played good passing football. Again a badly defended set piece getting a tap in at the near post. I thought the substitutions up front should have been made early in the 2nd half when it was obvious we were going nowhere. Alan is always slow to make changes, however it was obvious that he had gotten the message across to the team that the ball was to be passed. This is encouraging for the future if they stick with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a tough one to comment on because it was a huge improvement from the Waterford game and we try to pass it at times but to many people under performed.Alan Kirby baffles me.A guy with such talents to be so poor,i can't get my head around it.He comes in field way to much and crowds it cutting down on the option of getting it wide.He needs a big kick up the backside.It just seems that at the moment some players are lacking motivation,desire and the hunger to win which is a key ingredient to success.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    A most frustrating game, we did some good things and importantly defended well overall with Paisley outstanding in my opinion but we just need someone to make the difference up front, maybe that someone will be Andy Myler, we can but hope. Alan Murphy has a severely bruised ankle and is out for 6-8 weeks, decent crowd for a Thursday night too about 1500-1600. Some of our supporters need some anger mangement therapy I think though, ten minutes in and one person nearly had a nervous breakdown over a bad ball from Dean, screaming at him what a boll*cks he was and I mean really going over the top.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian
    Some of our supporters need some anger mangement therapy I think though, ten minutes in and one person nearly had a nervous breakdown over a bad ball from Dean, screaming at him what a boll*cks he was and I mean really going over the top.
    I just wish everyone including Alan would stop criticising the support. It is very difficult to be upbeat about losing the WHOLE time at home. People pay a lot of dough in to watch the team, a team which are lifeless and never respond to anything, so give the fans a break they get frustrated. Yeah sometimes even when support is deserved to the team they still criticise which is really sad, brainless and a pain in the ass but in my mind most people on foot are the opposite side of the coin- fookin' bunnyhuggers. The final stop is with me, til Baker gives a sh!t I won't give a sh!t, lookin away when he kicks the ball ffs! give me a break

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Fair enough but this particular individual was being totally irrational, he was bordering on psychotic, that's all I was talking about not the general mood of the crowd, it's kind of vicious circle though, the crowd's bad mood gets through to the players making them tense, maybe it shouldn't but you can tell they hear the abuse being roared at them.Some players who've come in from other clubs have said previously that they've never met abuse from their own fans like they have in Longford. I'm told it happens at GAA games too.

I could accept 'ah come on Dean' or whatever but when it's abuse like 'Fitzgerald ya f*ckin boll*cks that's a f*ckin disgrace' roared out at the top of their voice, and I heard that behind me last night then that in my opinion is totally uncalled for, it was over one bad pass!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    I could accept 'ah come on Dean' or whatever but when it's abuse like 'Fitzgerald ya f*ckin boll*cks that's a f*ckin disgrace' roared out at the top of their voice, and I heard that behind me last night then that in my opinion is totally uncalled for, it was over one bad pass!
    I thought Deano played fairly well last night in comparison to some players

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I thought so too, this abuse was being roared at him about ten minutes into the game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    I thought so too, this abuse was being roared at him about ten minutes into the game!
    spá

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well, As I was walking over to our spot, the game had just tipped off and the ball was rolled back to barry, some punter just roared "that's was I was f*cking telling you about the *****. Barry Ferguson stood head and shoulders above all LTFC players last night and was our man of the match, if not the man of the match.

I looks like we are having the same issues with full backs getting up the line in better time as early last season. Sean Dillon scored the first goal in the League Cup and he attributed his positioning to matthews instructing them to push on, some similar advise needs offering.

Thought we played fairly well last night. No offering on the wings really but the biggest disappointment has to be Baker.

Second league game where a side sat on their lead and we didn't get the goal we probably deserved.
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Thought Paisley and Barry were both excellent, don't suppose the supporters who are always on his back would give credit when Barry hit a 50 yard ball and dropped it straight to Alan Kirby. Murphy's unfortunate injury should mean Dillon at right back where I think he offers more going forward than when he's at left back, probably switch Prunty to left back where he normally bombs on from anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts

Thumbs up

don't suppose the supporters who are always on his back would give credit when Barry hit a 50 yard ball and dropped it straight to Alan Kirby.
    That was some ball alright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    considering deano has been bloody excellent since he joined us you can take it from me that lad does not have a clue. on the game big dissappointment losing a goal right on ht. its ****ing me off how we dominate a first half but dont even test the goalie ie devine saturday.the second half was a big downer baker hitting a sitter into the keepers hands and barrett the only one wanting to shoot long range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thumbs down

Baker put that same chance into the top corner against derry last year, on the way to getting his hat trick
    we are going up

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Last season I heard a so called supporter having a go at Prunty in a similiar manner to that described doled out to Deano. It was obvious this guy had drink in him as his face was scarlet and he appeared on the verge of a heart attack. I found it both disgusting and sad as his family have proud ties with the club. There are only a few of these half wits at the club and methinks it is time the club barred them from the ground. No one is entitled to use the language these guys are screaming against individual players, and in the presence of women and children. This has no place at Flancare - out with them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by observer
    in the presence of women and children
    Lord Save us, not in the presence of women sure they've never heard such and the like til they go to Flancare. Im on the phone now to Kofi of the UN looking humanitarian barring rights of these cursers