Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Manager for Pats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Here's a random one , comes with a health warning as my source is normally good but also has been spectacularly wrong before
    Paul Ozam !

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Here's a random one , comes with a health warning as my source is normally good but also has been spectacularly wrong before
    Paul Ozam !
    Nah. Paul Ozam is doubtful.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

3. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Yay!

Random early 00s nostalgia!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    He is managing the Ireland under 17s so it's not completely random. Also pretty sure he did some coaching senior as well just can't remember where

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    He is managing the Ireland under 17s so it's not completely random. Also pretty sure he did some coaching senior as well just can't remember where
    Just like the late Sean McCaffrey. It certainly did not equip him for League of Ireland management

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Tony Cousins, get a bet on him gents

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Osam manages the U16s, who don't play competitive games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Someone's bound to give Ollie Horgan a ring soon,give that man a bit of money and its curtains for everyone!!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    True and also while finding the neative about having too much money to spend!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Osam manages the U16s, who don't play competitive games.
    Will suit him grand so , Pats haven't been competitive for ages

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Ger O'Brien would be a good choice, and popular with the fans but it might take a while for him to get up to speed. as I said in earlier post it depends where Pats see themselves next season, if they want to challenge then a more experienced manager may be the pick but if they are willing to build and give him some time GOB ticks the boxes. Ozo doing well at coaching underage but too big a step up at this point.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    O'Brien doesn't have the pro badge yet but depending how far along with his badges he is there's a pro course coming up that if he's enrolled on it he could take the job.

Another route they could go is promote the u19 staff who seem to be doing a decent job

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Tony Cousins, get a bet on him gents
    When he was with Longford there was a strong suggestion that if Buckley lost his next game that Cousins was primed to replace him, he was even spotted at a succession of matches at the time. I’ll personally laugh if a free flowing St.Pat’s appoint a hoofball dinosaur who hasn’t been in work since he dunked Longford but anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    O'Brien doesn't have the pro badge yet but depending how far along with his badges he is there's a pro course coming up that if he's enrolled on it he could take the job.

Another route they could go is promote the u19 staff who seem to be doing a decent job
    Think I heard he has applied for the pro badge which was enough in the past (Heary among others). might even give it to him for remainder of season and see how it goes (and who else might be available).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Think I heard he has applied for the pro badge which was enough in the past (Heary among others). might even give it to him for remainder of season and see how it goes (and who else might be available).
    Bradley was the same this year, but I think it's dependent on there being enough applications for them to run a course. If they weren't to run a pro course this year he'd just be out of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Delighted with Lee Desmond signing a two year deal today, good timing as well with the reports coming out this morning that Rovers were after him.

Makes you wonder what the plan is though, it's a no-brainer on our end to make him an offer but presumably he could and would have gotten better offers elsewhere, and he spoke on the plans the club has in place as being a part of his decision. Added to that Ger alluded to how they're apparently trying to get other business done before the end of the season, all of this without actually having a manager in place. Seems a strange one unless the plan is to appoint from within.

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Delighted with Lee Desmond signing a two year deal today, good timing as well with the reports coming out this morning that Rovers were after him.

Makes you wonder what the plan is though, it's a no-brainer on our end to make him an offer but presumably he could and would have gotten better offers elsewhere, and he spoke on the plans the club has in place as being a part of his decision. Added to that Ger alluded to how they're apparently trying to get other business done before the end of the season, all of this without actually having a manager in place. Seems a strange one unless the plan is to appoint from within.
    Signing Lee Desmond is a no-brainer no matter who the manager will be.

Even if there is no decision made on the managerial strategy (and there might well be), the club can't just stand still on trying to re-sign other key players who are about to go out of contract

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Signing Lee Desmond is a no-brainer no matter who the manager will be.

Even if there is no decision made on the managerial strategy (and there might well be), the club can't just stand still on trying to re-sign other key players who are about to go out of contract
    Yeah as I said it's a no-brainer on the club's end, I'm more so thinking about it from Desmond's perspective. Even when taking my Pats hat off I think it's fair to say he's one of the best defenders in the league, and wouldn't be short on offers, likely better ones than Pats could offer at that (though maybe now that Fagan is essentially off Desmond will just take over the kind of wage he commanded). Just makes me wonder if maybe there's some set plans in place for next season already for him to be willing to stick with us this early.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Yeah as I said it's a no-brainer on the club's end, I'm more so thinking about it from Desmond's perspective. Even when taking my Pats hat off I think it's fair to say he's one of the best defenders in the league, and wouldn't be short on offers, likely better ones than Pats could offer at that (though maybe now that Fagan is essentially off Desmond will just take over the kind of wage he commanded). Just makes me wonder if maybe there's some set plans in place for next season already for him to be willing to stick with us this early.
    I expect the club owner(s) would have a plan in mind for next season irrespective of who the manger is. likely that a manager who is a good 'fit' with whatever way they want to go will be appointed.Nowadays you cant expect good players to hang around (to be fair to them they want things sorted ASAP) so its not like the club can ask players to hang around until we sort out the manager gig (which is likely not going to be until the season ends).
    It is always a risk you end up with a player the manger doesn't like/rate but that's the risk you have to take. player must have some positive feedback on how the club is going to make them want to resign
    Last edited by marinobohs; 28/09/2018 at 10:26 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Someone mentioned Fenlon. He doesn't seem to have any interest in full-time management anymore. The Reynolds link was complete fish and chip paper talk just because he had been coach under Buckley. He wouldn't be going to Dublin.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast