Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matches w/e 21 Sept

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    300 initial allocation. Dundalk fans complained about distribution. 200 more sent up when it was clear we weren't selling out. Dundalk choose to not announce that and have their ceo have a pop at us on twitter before later removing it. Not sure how they were allocated, but people on orielweb aren't happy.

Ye can have a pop at us on here all ye want, but it doesn't deflect from the absolute clusterfu*k your own club made of ticket allocation.

Dundalk haven't brought more than 500 down at any time in recent memory. 500 is a reasonable ticket allocation. It will be 2 blocks when including the mandatory segregation from the Gardaí.

Given we also have our own regulars who sit in that stand, setting aside half the stand to accommodate ye is plenty reasonable.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shep View Post
    As far as I know there was 180 on a list of people who queued and did not get a ticket on the morning tickets went on sale. It seems most have been sorted now thankfully. Really looking forward to the game now. Hope we stuff yas...should be a cracking atmosphere.
    Honestly, I'm dreading it and can't imagine the atmosphere on our side will be great. It's a lose lose situation. A win for us does nothing but push ye're title win out a week and more importantly restore a little pride after recent weeks. But regardless of scoreline, I won't exactly be walking away after the game celebrating. At best it's a' what might have been'. Draw or lose and the drama continues.

I'm sure ye'll have a ball though!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    300 initial allocation. Dundalk fans complained about distribution. 200 more sent up when it was clear we weren't selling out. Dundalk choose to not announce that and have their ceo have a pop at us on twitter before later removing it. Not sure how they were allocated, but people on orielweb aren't happy.

Ye can have a pop at us on here all ye want, but it doesn't deflect from the absolute clusterfu*k your own club made of ticket allocation.

Dundalk haven't brought more than 500 down at any time in recent memory. 500 is a reasonable ticket allocation. It will be 2 blocks when including the mandatory segregation from the Gardaí.

Given we also have our own regulars who sit in that stand, setting aside half the stand to accommodate ye is plenty reasonable.
    Even as someone with close ties to Dundalk I thought their outrage over the ticketing was a bit petty even before this revelation around the extra 200 tickets broke. It’s cork home game it’s corks right to decide how many away fans they want to allow in, as you said there’s regulars who sit in that stand and you’ve given up half of it, fair play. The cost of Gardai is one very few ever mention also. Before the Bohs result it was fully expected this would sell out in cork they were right to want as many home fans in as possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    The 'outrage' centred on how tickets were allocated by Dundalk FC, when it became apparent that Turners Cross wouldnt sell out some annoyance ended up in Cork direction as the problem could be solved by a sending a few more tickets our direction but where told no chance. DFC club CEO said that a request for additional tickets was made but unlikely to happen, DFC fans got cranky. Additional tickets did get allocated in the end and that cleared the waiting list and end of outrage. But then there are claims from Cork fans of the additional tickets being also misallocated? Prior to the additional tickets the club Chairman(not CEO) tweeted on the issue and then took down the tweet when more tickets eventually were allocated. Not announcing the additional tickets was due to them already being 'sold'. You are not incorrect per se micls but your timeline is slightly out.

There is talk of training bust up at Cork this week which Im sure is bs from some Dundalk fan trying to stir, the way football fans tend to do at times and should be ignored, not get offended by faux outrage!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    We'll have to disagree on the timeline. The tickets were sent up before your chairman took to twitter to complain publicly about another club (not a great way to build relationships for the future).
    Last edited by micls; 21/09/2018 at 3:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Is it the contention of the cork fans on here that dundalk should have covered up the misbehaviour of their CEO??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Is it the contention of the cork fans on here that dundalk should have covered up the misbehaviour of their CEO??
    I don't really understand the question?

I don't expect the dundalk fans to do anything in relation to the CEO, it was just a comment on his actions. The story goes he didn't know more tickets had been sent up when he had a pop, and deleted it when he realised. Who knows though.

My contention is that the allocation was reasonable, more tickets were sent up when we lost to Bohs, as I predicted in my original post, and the real drama has come from dundalks distribution initially, not from ourselves.

The club has also contacted ticketmaster to tell them to move anyone with a dundalk address to the away section. So those who bought home end tickets for fear of missing out are now being accommodated in the away end.

Not sure what more can be expected of the club, despite the complaints that have been going around from dundalk fans. I think it's been handled reasonably.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    For starters it was the Chariman who tweeted, Chicago based Mike Tracey, not the CEO Mal Brannigan who is based in Oriel Park. The tweet happened when, Tuesday night, Wednesday morning. There was no sign of additional tickets at that point.

There havent been complaints since people were generally sorted with tickets. Much appreciated CCFC, good work on the Ticketmaster ticketholders too!!!!!

As for building relations between the clubs in the future? I didnt realise Cork fans cared that much!! We shall get on to our chairman and you can have a word with those in Cork especially the official Twitter and fans fora...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I couldn't care less about the relationships your staff chooses to build. Again, an observation. I would however be disappointed if our chairman tweeted similar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Cork continue where they left off at Dalymount.

Hoban had acres of space.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Was that Chris Shields or Zinedine Zidane?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    I preferred you both, when you were in the 1st Division

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    How many times has “long ball up to Cummins” been said already? Very one dimensional from cork. Let it stay that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    FfS - thought this was a 7.30 kick off. Turn on and there's 20 minutes gone and Dundalk 1 up. Cork seem to have gone to the dogs from what I've seen so far. Bobs will fancy their chances in the semi final.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Caulfield sent to the stand!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    I couldn't care less about the relationships your staff chooses to build. Again, an observation. I would however be disappointed if our chairman tweeted similar.
    That's what I thought! Why mention it though as an issue? If I were a Cork person (ugh!!) would be disappointed with some of the conduct of Cork officials, players, social media accounts and the like so I et where your disappointment is coming from.

JC showing his discipline as per usual!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    That's typical Caulfield for you. Surely his days are numbered if it stays like this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Jaysis Cork are abysmal,can't lay a glove on Dundalk,
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    I see Deadly Buzz has come on for Cork.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    1-0 down in the 89th minute and they bring on a centre-back

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast