Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matches w/e 21 Sept

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I know the league is almost 100% over even if Cork win but given a win will def keep it at least a little interesting and potentially get Cork back on form is it that inconceivable that the match might sell out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Nope. But I'm not the one having a hissy fit and assuming stuff that I just don't know.

Maybe just wait until the situation becomes clear, and then complain online afterwards - as appropriate ? It's dull, I know.
    How long have you been on this forum? You expect that you're going to get the truth 😂

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    How long have you been on this forum? You expect that you're going to get the truth 
    Nope. But I suspect grown adults (?) to hold their water and not rant and rave when they don't know the truth. There is a difference.

Although admittedly the internet does thrive on ill-informed rants from people with no interest in knowing or making an effort to determine the actual truth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Maybe just wait until the situation becomes clear, and then complain online afterwards - as appropriate ? It's dull, I know.
    Bizarre advice.

Wait until it is too late to do anything before drawing attention to a strange decision??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I warned about this at the start of the year and I was scoffed at.

The cult has gone full Johnstown.

I can see it now.

Maxi and Gerry Adams being machine gunned on the runway of cork airport having come to inspect facilities.

Meanwhile at the cross eanna and the lads are handing out plastic cups of murphy's to the men women and children while assuring them that in the next life every team will have nine centre halfs.

Caulfield will be found later in one of the dressing rooms having taken the easy way out of a long ball to the head.

Still, it'll be nice to remind any survivors of the time cork city turned down five or six grand the next time they are wibbling on about the benefits of fan ownership or dan murray is on red fm begging for a lift to a match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Hmmmmm maybe those quiet sensitive souls at CCFC don't want to be mixed in with a bunch of 'annoyed or angry' fans from D Town
    They'll all get along like a house on fire, if a Cork player goes to put in a tackle the whole home support will wail in disgust and the away fans will nod in agreement!

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Nope. But I suspect grown adults (?) to hold their water and not rant and rave when they don't know the truth. There is a difference.

Although admittedly the internet does thrive on ill-informed rants from people with no interest in knowing or making an effort to determine the actual truth
    I'm taking your advice and I've put in a FOI request to Cork City to get discovery of all relevant documents

In the meantime I'll be at the High Court tomorrow seeking an injunction to postpone the match until we get the "actual truth".

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DFCForever View Post
    If we were given the whole of the St. Anne's we'd probably fill it. Giving us extra tickets makes perfect sense from an economic point of view, they're just being petty.
    Hahahahahaha. That stand holds around 2,000 people. You wouldn't fill half it ffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CityBoy View Post
    Hahahahahaha. That stand holds around 2,000 people. You wouldn't fill half it ffs.
    We'd have better chance of filling it than you would...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I warned about this at the start of the year and I was scoffed at.

Still, it'll be nice to remind any survivors of the time cork city turned down five or six grand the next time they are wibbling on about the benefits of fan ownership or dan murray is on red fm begging for a lift to a match.
    Five or six grand. Are you mental? With average ticket prices of €12 you'd want an extra 500 away fans. I'm sure there'll be a few disappointed Dundalk fans but lets not pretend they bring that many away fans either. If they did bring that many you'd have far higher security/garda costs.

Enjoy the first division next year.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DFCForever View Post
    We'd have better chance of filling it than you would...
    Alright bud. Hope you get the 2000 away tickets you need off Waterford in a few weeks.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Be sure to let us know if any travelling Dundalk fans are left outside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donie Forde View Post
    Im sure that will depend on the amount of Harp cans that fall out of the minibus as it pulls up, with or without away end tickets. DFCForever has tongue firmly in cheek lads. Not even the most obsessed would genuinely claim to have 2000 fans travel to a game with plenty of the season to go. A winner takes all last day of the season match in a bigger stadium so as not to have to limit tickets sure we'd fill St Annes and the Donie Ford ye know....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donie Forde View Post
    This is certainly a possibility but it's unlikely that they will be able to stop every Dundalk fan that has a home ticket from getting in. Then what do they do? Eject people in the middle of the game? That wouldn't go down too well.

Actually another question. Did Cork get a new security firm this season? Usually the stewards are great but last time we were there they had an over enthusiastic security person who was getting in the middle of fans for silly things like telling lads to put their tops back on. Causing unnecessary tension

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    DFCForever has tongue firmly in cheek lads. Not even the most obsessed would genuinely claim to have 2000 fans travel to a game with plenty of the season to go.
    In fairness I had no idea the St. Anne's held that many

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    This is certainly a possibility but it's unlikely that they will be able to stop every Dundalk fan that has a home ticket from getting in. Then what do they do? Eject people in the middle of the game? That wouldn't go down too well.

Actually another question. Did Cork get a new security firm this season? Usually the stewards are great but last time we were there they had an over enthusiastic security person who was getting in the middle of fans for silly things like telling lads to put their tops back on. Causing unnecessary tension
    Proper order! Mike Ashley and Dundalk Danny? Nobody needs to see that!!

In 2014 Dundalk anticipated Crok fans having tickets for the home section and kept a block of the temporary stand behind the goal free so that they could be accomodated there beside the rest of the Cork fans. Not many took those seats and went in to the much maligned away terrace but at least it meant safe holding capacity of that area wasnt breached. I'd be surprised if Cork dont take a similar pragmatic approach and have an additional few rows at that corner of the St Annes stand that Dundalk fans elswhere in the ground could be directed to.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Turns out City sent up an extra 200 tickets and the boys in the office in Oriel kept them for their mates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    As far as I know there was 180 on a list of people who queued and did not get a ticket on the morning tickets went on sale. It seems most have been sorted now thankfully. Really looking forward to the game now. Hope we stuff yas...should be a cracking atmosphere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Thank God for that,the Dundalk outrage was getting out of hand!

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CityBoy View Post
    Turns out City sent up an extra 200 tickets and the boys in the office in Oriel kept them for their mates.
    They must have a lot of mates. Can you name them please so we can report it to the club?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast