Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Credit where itís due extratime.ie and offtheball

  1. #21
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,728
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,735
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    516
    Thanked in
    431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Out of curiosity, do any of ye regard Peter Collins as an LOI man? Or is Soccer Republic something he got stuck with when they drew straws in the RTE canteen for which Presenter hosted any given programme?
    any time I see Peter Collins on TV it reminds me of his radio show on 2fm in the 90s . mind you his choice of music was great though!
    Neale Fenn red and black army

  2. #22
    First Team ger121's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,878
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    227
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    355
    Thanked in
    195 Posts
    Collins is like that type of ‘football fan’ everyone knows. Everything he knows about football he read or heard it somewhere rather than experienced it. To the casual eye it looks knowledgeable but delve a little deeper and you soon realise it’s all waffle. Con on the other hand, knew his **** coz he was a real LOI fan.

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #23
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,879
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    836
    Thanked in
    720 Posts
    Love Con Murphy.

  5. #24
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meath man in Dublin
    Posts
    732
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    171
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Collins is like that type of ‘football fan’ everyone knows. Everything he knows about football he read or heard it somewhere rather than experienced it. To the casual eye it looks knowledgeable but delve a little deeper and you soon realise it’s all waffle. Con on the other hand, knew his **** coz he was a real LOI fan.
    Oh god this is so bang on the money! Well done, sir.

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #25
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,879
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    836
    Thanked in
    720 Posts
    Hope the admins donít mind but seeing as a few of you seem to be unfamiliar with Between the Stripes LOI podcast I thought Iíd throw up the links to last nights show. Maybe not as big of names as weíd usually have in terms of guests but Conor Davis from UCD in particular was a superb interview. Feedback welcome.

    ITUNES: https://goo.gl/bisHo7
    GOOGLE PODCASTS:* https://goo.gl/MEU1UG
    SOUNDCLOUD:*https://goo.gl/696L2A
    AUDIOBOOM:*https://goo.gl/QkH4ws
    SPOTIFY:*https://goo.gl/JxoE3y
    STITCHER:*https://goo.gl/HsXdeu

  8. #26
    Youth Team Burnsie's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    125
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    will give Between the Stripes a go based on the recommendations here.

    Have a fairly packed podcast schedule so it'll have to be at the expense of another LOI podcast on my feed, and I must say I've had my fill of the presenter whose every question is twice as long as its answer....

  9. Thanks From:


  10. #27
    Seasoned Pro micls's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    352
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    268
    Thanked in
    179 Posts
    I cant listen to the podcast recently, it's too depressing! But I do enjoy them when we're not ****e.

    While the market is very full, they are all fairly different.

    LOI weekly is probably the most consistent good listen, even though as a city fan, ward does my head in at times. Around the league in general I enjoy it.

    GLITW is great in focusing on other aspects of the league, not just results. They have great guests.

    BTS is generally a good listen, and good overview of first division. Tend to have a good range of guests too.

    I actually enjoy Tales from the East Stand, especially their monthly ones with ex players. Some fantastic insights from players on how the game was and how their lives were as players. Much more casual fan discussion but I like that.

    Soccer Republic id listen to the odd time, good timing in the week as there's not much else out yet.

    Don't listen to extratime or the off the all one. Can't stand the off the ball presenters style.

  11. #28
    International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Limerick for now.
    Posts
    7,176
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,095
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,485
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    I haven't ever listened to any of them.

    Just thought I'd add that.

  12. #29
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,728
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,735
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    516
    Thanked in
    431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    I cant listen to the podcast recently, it's too depressing! But I do enjoy them when we're not ****e.

    While the market is very full, they are all fairly different.

    LOI weekly is probably the most consistent good listen, even though as a city fan, ward does my head in at times. Around the league in general I enjoy it.

    GLITW is great in focusing on other aspects of the league, not just results. They have great guests.

    BTS is generally a good listen, and good overview of first division. Tend to have a good range of guests too.

    I actually enjoy Tales from the East Stand, especially their monthly ones with ex players. Some fantastic insights from players on how the game was and how their lives were as players. Much more casual fan discussion but I like that.

    Soccer Republic id listen to the odd time, good timing in the week as there's not much else out yet.

    Don't listen to extratime or the off the all one. Can't stand the off the ball presenters style.
    yeah Jamie Moore is way too hyper for me on off the ball for me!
    Neale Fenn red and black army

  13. #30
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    794
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Hope the admins donít mind but seeing as a few of you seem to be unfamiliar with Between the Stripes LOI podcast I thought Iíd throw up the links to last nights show. Maybe not as big of names as weíd usually have in terms of guests but Conor Davis from UCD in particular was a superb interview. Feedback welcome.

    ITUNES: https://goo.gl/bisHo7
    GOOGLE PODCASTS:* https://goo.gl/MEU1UG
    SOUNDCLOUD:*https://goo.gl/696L2A
    AUDIOBOOM:*https://goo.gl/QkH4ws
    SPOTIFY:*https://goo.gl/JxoE3y
    STITCHER:*https://goo.gl/HsXdeu

    Cheers for that, tbh I didnít know about it but Iíve just listened to ep.25 and it is very good. Added to my podcast listening 👍👍👍👍
    Drogheda United in this together

  14. #31
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,879
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    836
    Thanked in
    720 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Cheers for that, tbh I didnít know about it but Iíve just listened to ep.25 and it is very good. Added to my podcast listening 👍👍👍👍
    Ah thanks very much. No show next week as Iím off for a break in Scotland but back with some big names hopefully the week after. Thanks for the feedback

  15. #32
    First Team
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    59
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    239
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Great interview with Alan o Neill on tales from the east stand podcast. Talks about his time at rovers dundalk ucd and Sligo. Really good insights comes across as incredibly sound guy
    Last edited by sbgawa; 03/10/2018 at 1:42 PM.

  16. #33
    Reserves ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    872
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    63
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    175
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    A bit of the target here -

    Bit of a Twitter head me lol

    Right now i'm delighted with all these new LoI media wanting to grab some action in the ever growing market here but i'm finding it hard to differentiate between say @league_ireland & https://twitter.com/DomesticIreland
    or
    https://twitter.com/LOIDOTIE etc.... hit me with the best one(s)(which may or may not have been mentioned above)

    Same with Facebook(yeah,i'm a fan despite them robbing my fake a/c details) any good pages out there.(Jackie Jameson one is brill) Any genuine reccommendations?

  17. #34
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,575
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    888
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    619
    Thanked in
    407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Hope the admins don’t mind but seeing as a few of you seem to be unfamiliar with Between the Stripes LOI podcast I thought I’d throw up the links to last nights show. Maybe not as big of names as we’d usually have in terms of guests but Conor Davis from UCD in particular was a superb interview. Feedback welcome.

    ITUNES: https://goo.gl/bisHo7
    GOOGLE PODCASTS:* https://goo.gl/MEU1UG
    SOUNDCLOUD:*https://goo.gl/696L2A
    AUDIOBOOM:*https://goo.gl/QkH4ws
    SPOTIFY:*https://goo.gl/JxoE3y
    STITCHER:*https://goo.gl/HsXdeu
    Possible to put it on Acast at all ?

  18. #35
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,879
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    836
    Thanked in
    720 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Possible to put it on Acast at all ?
    Never heard of it so gave it a google. Will look into it for you

  19. #36
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,575
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    888
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    619
    Thanked in
    407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Never heard of it so gave it a google. Will look into it for you
    Sound. OTB & GLITW are on Acast so no harm in you being also, if its possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. All Credit To...
    By nigel-harps1954 in forum Finn Harps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28/02/2017, 2:18 PM
  2. Credit to RTE
    By Murfinator in forum World League Football
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16/12/2009, 2:58 PM
  3. Fai credit where its due
    By geezer in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07/05/2007, 1:14 PM
  4. Credit?
    By daniel in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22/11/2005, 10:14 AM
  5. credit 2 bohs
    By RedReb in forum Cork City
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23/04/2003, 1:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •