Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games 14th Sept

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Two goals in a minute in the Bowl. Nervy ending again ! Harps score; we equalise

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Result! UCD up (Just)

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I remember arguing mid season that a John Caulfield team wouldn't fall apart and let the title go with a whimper without a fight.

I'd like to withdraw that comment please. Clearly, I was wrong. Spineless.

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Result! UCD up (Just)
    Congrats Stu- fully deserved
    Drogheda United in this together

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Congrats UCD,see yee soon

Dundalk closing in cheers Bohs

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    I remember arguing mid season that a John Caulfield team wouldn't fall apart and let the title go with a whimper without a fight.

I'd like to withdraw that comment please. Clearly, I was wrong. Spineless.
    Send up the remaining 6700 tickets as an apology

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    If ye could sell them, I'd say ye could have them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Feels like a defeat tonight. More the manner of the goal given away than anything else.

Funny thing is, we were below par tonight. It was one of our worse performances over the last third of the season. Badly missed Mikey Place up front and Mark Timlin was a loss too given how well he's been playing of late.

UCD deserved league winners over the course of the season though. It was good to see a big crowd there tonight, must have been around 1,000 in with about 150/200 Harps fans down.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Cork's late-season implosion continues unabated. Is Caulfield's time up/ nearly up? Statistically Cork's most successful manager, but living in a bygone era of long ball to the big man, sit tight and grind things out. Bland and limited. They have plateaued under his guidance at this point. Bohemians play lovely football at times though. 4 wins in a row and looking to finish midtable. Must be viewed as a success given their low budget. Shamrock Rovers are on a real roll now since they beat Dundalk. Considering they'd lost 6 matches by May, they're in a decent place now. Makes you wonder what their season would have been like had they not started so terribly. Congrats to UCD, best team in the Graveyard by some distance. Perhaps not pointwise but certainly on skill and ability. A +30 goal difference too. Thank god it's almost over for Galway. A real shambles of a year. I suppose congrats to Dundalk too. The title hasn't looked in danger recently, but now it's done and dusted. Look forward to seeing how they do in the CL qualifiers next summer.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Feels like a defeat tonight. More the manner of the goal given away than anything else.

Funny thing is, we were below par tonight. It was one of our worse performances over the last third of the season. Badly missed Mikey Place up front and Mark Timlin was a loss too given how well he's been playing of late.

UCD deserved league winners over the course of the season though. It was good to see a big crowd there tonight, must have been around 1,000 in with about 150/200 Harps fans down.
    I was listening to your manager on off the ball this week as a preview to the game and he didn’t exactly talk up your chances - very strange approach tbh, if I was a player I wouldn’t be exactly inspired.
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I can't imagine Caulfield being sacked, but for the sake of his legacy as a player and a manager, he might be best walking at the end of the year. He looks a beaten man at the moment

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Just seen some pictures of the bowl, that's brilliant to see

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    I was listening to your manager on off the ball this week as a preview to the game and he didn’t exactly talk up your chances - very strange approach tbh, if I was a player I wouldn’t be exactly inspired.
    If you believe he says the same things in the dressing room then you'd need to give yourself a bit of a shake!

21. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    A manager talking down their own team's chances in the media is hardly a new thing, to be honest.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Just seen some pictures of the bowl, that's brilliant to see
    Can you post them up ? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    It’s obviously a significant result in terms of the league title and it’s a long road back for Cork now, not sure I’d agree on sacking JC, Cork fans have to think back where he took them from, mid table to a double, and where he came from, Avondale was it?

What I will say though is the chance to get closer or to overtake Dundalk has been missed. I was thinking at the start of season, we had no idea how likes of Hoban would settle back in, or how year two players like McGrath and Hoare would progress, (Duffy was a different case) after a disappointing team performance in 2017. If Cork had retained the title it would have been 2 in 5 years for them and ‘only’ 3 in 5 for Dundalk. It’s probably looking all but certain now, it will be 4 in 5 for Dundalk and 1 in 5 for Cork. This just shows how hard it is to retain a title. It’s also worth remembering even the great Jim McLaughlin never managed that at Dundalk.

The strange part in all of this is the speed of the collapse in league form by Cork, the Pats home draw was the start and I was hopeful the gap would get bigger, but I would never have foreseen them losing to both Sligo and Bohs.

Some teams obviously peak and for Cork it was probably that 3-0 win in Dundalk to go 18 points clear in May/June 2017, game over then, but they just never looked the same side really after that, obviously minus Maguire but Caulifield in my view doesn’t appear to like any player who wants to play. I also said it at the time and a lot on here disagreed but Delaney was a bad signing, at the time and still, Cork were crying out for another striker.

Have to give credit to Bohs though, that’s a fine side Long has nurtured. They were well worth the win.

Anyway looking forward to my trip south next week, still no tickets, but I think we’ll be fine.
    Last edited by oriel; 15/09/2018 at 9:54 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Result! UCD up (Just)
    Congrats PS. Looking forward to seeing UCD next season, well deserved and they’ll be a fine addition to the PD.

They play football the right way.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

26. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    It’s obviously a significant result in terms of the league title and it’s a long road back for Cork now, not sure I’d agree on sacking JC, Cork fans have to think back where he took them from, mid table to a double, and where he came from, Avondale was it?

What I will say though is the chance to get closer or to overtake Dundalk has been missed. I was thinking at the start of season, we had no idea how likes of Hoban would settle back in, or hear two players like McGrath and Hoare, Duffy was different, and after a disappointing 2017, if Cork had retained the title it would have been 2 in 5 years for them and ‘only’ 3 in 5 for Dundalk. It’s looking all but certain it will be 4 in 5 now for us and 1 in 5 for Cork.

The strange part in all of this is the speed of the collapse in league form by Cork, the Pats home draw was the start and I was hopeful the gap would get bigger, but I would never have foreseen them losing to both Sligo and Bohs.

Some teams obviously peak and for Cork it was probably that 3-0 win in Dundalk to go 18 points clear in May/June 2017, game over then, but they just never looked the same side really after that, obviously minus Maguire but Caulifield in my view doesn’t appear to like any player who wants to play. I also said it at the time and a lot on here disagreed but Delaney was a bad signing, at the time and still, Cork were crying out for another striker.

Have to give credit to Bohs though, that’s a fine side Long has nurtured. They were well worth the win.

Anyway looking forward to my trip south next week, still no tickets, but I think we’ll be fine.
    That Cork team , 8 Mastadons amd a couple of footballers,,were poison.Lots of nasty off the ball stuff that the ref decided to ignore .The two footed lunge by Sheppard would have had anyone else sent off.
    Great football from Bohs first half and blood and thunder defending in the second.
    Some quality goals , The two Kelly goals and Penders and then Keohanes glancing header were as good as you will see .
    Dundalk are a class above that Cork team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Result! UCD up (Just)
    Welcome back

29. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Can you post them up ? Thanks.
    From Twitter

IMG_20180915_000325.jpg

31. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast