Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: FAI Junior Cup 2018/19

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    Many teams from Dublin have gone higher grade down the years,nothing new there,the FAI JUNIOR CUPs value is certainly not dependent on teams from Dublin that are lost to the intermediate ranks ,more teams come along to take up the flak.its an all Ireland competition btw so the Dubs are only part of the equation.
    Dublin teams have also won five of the last seven cups. I'm sure it will continue to have drama but you can hardly argue that some of the top junior teams in the country jumping ship will somehow be replaced out of nowhere. The fewer top teams in junior football nationwide will obviously dilute the quality.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Maybe some of the big Limerick clubs an might follow suit and let Junior football be junior football again. The resources some clubs seem to have should surely make them want to step up a grade rather than shooting fish in a barrel every year.
    resources best put to advancement in football terms rather than exploiting the rule book to create objection after objection.
    I'll update this next year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Maybe some of the big Limerick clubs an might follow suit and let Junior football be junior football again. The resources some clubs seem to have should surely make them want to step up a grade rather than shooting fish in a barrel every year.
    resources best put to advancement in football terms rather than exploiting the rule book to create objection after objection.
    Rich coming from someone from Newmarket Celtic.
    If there was a North Munster Senior League I'd agree with you, but I don't think that solely the clubs from Limerick should be forced to venture to Cork every second week.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Intermediate would be great for football , some of the clubs in limerick are putting a lot of money into advancement. Have Killarney Celtic gone intermediate???

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennycon View Post
    Intermediate would be great for football , some of the clubs in limerick are putting a lot of money into advancement. Have Killarney Celtic gone intermediate???
    I sincerely doubt it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    By the way lads, Sheriff aren't gone Intermediate. They're gone into Major Sunday, the Junior ranks.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'd be amazed if they were still there next year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    By the way lads, Sheriff aren't gone Intermediate. They're gone into Major Sunday, the Junior ranks.
    I can’t see them stay in the junior ranks for much longer. Top teams gone to intermediate looking at the teams that are challenging for the fai junior cup any half decent side will win it.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I can’t see them stay in the junior ranks for much longer. Top teams gone to intermediate looking at the teams that are challenging for the fai junior cup any half decent side will win it.
    They are only one league below Intermediate this year and would be about 1/100000000000000 to be promoted this year.

First game last night 5-0 win against FC Transylvania who would be a decent enough team.

They should have been put straight into Intermediate football as they are way too good to be playing junior football.

There is precedence for a team going straight from the AUL into LSL Intermediate as Killester Utd did it a few years back.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 17/08/2019 at 10:33 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man View Post
    They are only one league below Intermediate this year and would be about 1/100000000000000 to be promoted this year.

First game last night 5-0 win against FC Transylvania who would be a decent enough team.

They should have been put straight into Intermediate football as they are way too good to be playing junior football.

There is precedence for a team going straight from the AUL into LSL Intermediate as Killester Utd did it a few years back.
    I agree because already the league is won, where’s the common sense in football 😱, the fai junior cup will become a diluted trophy. Is there a possibility of a Munster intermediate league with elite clubs?.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts

Transylvania aren't decent enough - they were somehow promoted last year despite nearly getting relegated from Major 1. Sheriff will have to earn their place in intermediate football which is completely right.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Transylvania aren't decent enough - they were somehow promoted last year despite nearly getting relegated from Major 1. Sheriff will have to earn their place in intermediate football which is completely right.
    I'd love to know what the rest of the sides in Major Sunday think of Premier A Sheriff being dropped into their league.

The LSL have a good history of doing this.

In 2016 Collinstown were finishing up playing in Premier A in the AUL when they played LOI sides Shamrock Rovers and Bray wanderers (both had strong teams out) in the Leinster Junior Cup and beat both -Rovers in Tallaght .
    Later that season they joined the LSL and were put in the 6th league down (so they went from beating LOI sides down into Junior Football).They lost 1 game in the League (LSL Major 1)all season finishing up with a goal difference of +54 or similar.
    They also won the Polikoff Cup that year.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 17/08/2019 at 6:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'd love to know what the rest of the sides in Major Sunday think of Premier A Sheriff being dropped into their league.

The LSL have a good history of doing this.

In 2016 Collinstown were finishing up playing in Premier A in the AUL when they played LOI sides Shamrock Rovers and Bray wanderers (both had strong teams out) in the Leinster Junior Cup and beat both -Rovers in Tallaght .
    Later that season they joined the LSL and were put in the 6th league down (so they went from beating LOI sides down into Junior Football).They lost 1 game in the League (LSL Major 1)all season finishing up with a goal difference of +54 or similar.
    They also won the Polikoff Cup that year.
    Collinstown were placed below their ability level, as have Sheriff, but I think it's appropriate that intermediate football should be won on the pitch rather than being parachuted in. Major Sunday sides now get to play the biggest junior club in Dublin and can duke it out with them on the same level. I'm no huge fan of the LSL but they've got this one right (although Collinstown should also have been put in Major Sunday and I think LSL learned from that).

When you have 5+ junior teams moving over every year you can't put them all in Major Sunday or above. There are other junior clubs that have gone into the LSL and not done so well, like Rivervalley, so it's appropriate to move an AUL junior club across to junior football in the LSL for me.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Deserved win for St. Michael's against a very unremarkable Sheriff side today.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Deserved win for St. Michael's against a very unremarkable Sheriff side today.
    Unremarkable?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Unremarkable?
    I was at the game, Sheriff were poor. Michael's had the best of the few chances that were on offer, were solid at the back and had some other standout players like Jimmy Carr and the boy Armshaw. Can't say I'd say the same for Sheriff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I was there myself Shearer, great Sheriff team on paper, but you’re right, very average today. St Micks deserved winners in what has turned into a shambles of a competition this year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I was at the game, Sheriff were poor. Michael's had the best of the few chances that were on offer, were solid at the back and had some other standout players like Jimmy Carr and the boy Armshaw. Can't say I'd say the same for Sheriff.
    Is that the end for sheriff I wonder. Great to see st micks bringing the trophy back to Munster. The competition is a shambles atm with a lot of top clubs gone and objections.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Would a north Munster senior league work

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    In fairness to St.Michaels they maintained their dignity throughout the competition and were not responsible for the off the field events. They waited over three months for this final through no fault of theirs and when the time came they were ready. They deservedly won on merit and congratulations to them. What a season, F.A.I Junior Cup winners, Munster Junior Cup winners, Munster Junior Champions Cup winners, TSDL winners and Tipperary Cup winners.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast