Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jimmy Dunne (D QPR b.1997)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    518 Posts
    Credited with an assist tonight in QPR's 2-0 win over Luton: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59257134. Playing regularly in the same league as Dara O'Shea and John Egan in a team that's vying for promotion, has a little bit of Premier League experience - While I don't think there should be wholesale experimentation with personnel in the March friendlies, I definitely think Dunne should be given the opportunity to stake his claim.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    628 Posts
    I don't see it. He got a chance to stake his claim at Burnley who were happy to let him go to bring in Nathan Collins, O'Shea is in the same division granted but when West Brom were up he played a lot more than Dunne ever did & at a younger age too. Omobamidele looks pure class. Egan proved himself a division up too.

Its great to see him & McGuinness developing and I hope it continues well for them but to say what he's doing definitely warrants an opportunity isn't accurate given the options, if all are available. If they aren't he comes into the conversation alright.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    953 Posts
    Have to agree with Crafty. It's great to see him progressing but we need to account for options already in place. I think similar points have been made in other threads about William Hondermack (before his recent call up) and Jamie Bowden for the 21s- why aren't these lads called up? Are they not committed? No, the answer is that we just have a lot of good midfielders at that level and we can only pick a certain number of players (Louie Watson and Ryan Johansson weren't in the last one).

There's definitely a queue there and I'm sure if there are a couple of injuries in March that Dunne will be considered and compared with other options and those unavailable accounted for. Plus he is a Dundalk lad so Kenny won't be overlooking him in a rush.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    If there's changes in March should be Collins and Omobamidele getting more minutes and O'Shea should be back before then also. I like Dunne, Dyche rates him as someone that can be be a top top championship defender but wasn't gonna get the games needed at Burnley.

CB is a position we don't need to worry about for the next 10+ years with the lads currently in the senior team and the likes of Dunne and McGuinness who should at least make it as top championship defenders. A penny for Conor Masterson's thoughts about the situation.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    953 Posts
    Any word on how Masterson has been faring? I see he has 13 games and mostly starts with the odd game out here and there. 17 games played in the league so far. That's okay. Not sure how he's been playing.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    My sense from forums and Twitter is that he was doing ok, scored a goal in FA cup which always helps. However, the defense got destroyed vs MK Dons with people questioning his strength and physicality (something we know he has to work on). He didn’t play in FA cup, but thankfully he has been restored to the line up today. Hopefully he can get a full season under his belt and keep improving the physical side of his game

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567