2A - Southcoast & Glenthorn
    3 - Kilumney & Lakewood
    3A - Grangevale & Boscos

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Is Killreen Celtic senior team gone? looks like they are only entering a junior team next year...madness Prem AUL is well above MSL Junior 2nd division!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Mad how Ballincollig just folded, lots of senior teams have gone down Junior before folding and tried to rebuild. Youghal are good example and have bow gone back senior.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCBSL View Post
    Hi lads, just wondering is there a thread for the Cork Business League? Hoping to start one if not once I have the access!
    The way teams are dropping out if the aul. Cbsl teams will be in the league in a year or two. A few of them wouldn't look out of place in the first division or higher

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    They probably wouldn`t want to. The CBSL is possibly better run especially in terms of website etc.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    CBSL sort out pitches like Deerpark, Mayfield United & Mayfield Community School for clubs without their own grounds. They give teams in cup finals money for equipment, they tested out the the 5 subs' rule first, some of their teams have done very well in Munster & FAI competitions. I never hear any complaints in the way that they are run, AUL don't help their clubs at all in the way the CBSL do.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post
    CBSL sort out pitches like Deerpark, Mayfield United & Mayfield Community School for clubs without their own grounds. They give teams in cup finals money for equipment, they tested out the the 5 subs' rule first, some of their teams have done very well in Munster & FAI competitions. I never hear any complaints in the way that they are run, AUL don't help their clubs at all in the way the CBSL do.
    Spot on, i`m not anti AUL or anything, they do some great work & it is not an easy job i`m sure, i just do think that CBSL happens to be very well run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post

Been involved in Aul Soccer 10-15 Years playing and can honestly say with huge interest in all league around Cork that the CBSL league is better run and has more structure in place than the AUL.

Have to give credit where is due.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I think there are some very good teams there in business league the likes of Ucc the cow and Quinlans wouldn't look out of place in the upper leagues of the Aul and to be fair are always supplied with the best of gear. I can see Ucc doing well this year in the Fai if they keep the same squad.
    As of the Aul it's in need of a serious overhaul with young blood to get with the times. This fai net registration thing is only an example of how out of touch they were at least there seems to be a secretary who knows her stuff and seems to be up with the times.
    We hope

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    From what I have been told Quinlins are going to be very strong this year a lot of ex glentoran and Leeds players and with nipper in charge he will always attract a good quality player don't know much about the Cow but with the talks of Village struggling there will obviously be a knock on affect with some of them players going to the Cow and to be Fair there is maybe 4 Teams in the Premier that are league above the rest Grattan knocka Bohs and Pearse the rest are only average to be fair I think they would hold there own no bothers in the Premier A at least.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by #Gaffer View Post
    From what I have been told Quinlins are going to be very strong this year a lot of ex glentoran and Leeds players and with nipper in charge he will always attract a good quality player don't know much about the Cow but with the talks of Village struggling there will obviously be a knock on affect with some of them players going to the Cow and to be Fair there is maybe 4 Teams in the Premier that are league above the rest Grattan knocka Bohs and Pearse the rest are only average to be fair I think they would hold there own no bothers in the Premier A at least.
    start a tread so for cbsl so kid.village have a very healthy squad kid .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    start a tread so for cbsl so kid.village have a very healthy squad kid .
    Have nothing to do with cbsl kid just stating an opinion I hope to God Village have a strong squad as the league will only be stronger with a good Village team with the talent they have had the past few years definitely underachieved in my opinion

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Cow have gotten out of cork last 2 seasons in Munster junior cup!

Village at home to the cow tonight at 7:15 in silver heights if ye wanna see wants what!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Cow have gotten out of cork last 2 seasons in Munster junior cup!

Village at home to the cow tonight at 7:15 in silver heights if ye wanna see wants what!
    finished 4-4 buddy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by #Gaffer View Post
    Nipper is only doing the job so that he can have 1 good year win a handy double nad get A move back to Glenthorn or Grattan..Hes well clued in that fella.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    does winning a double in the Business league count for much when trying to get a job in the AUL or MSL?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I’m sure if nipper wanted to take over glenthorn he would have been welcomed back this season regardless of what he does in the CBSL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    does winning a double in the Business league count for much when trying to get a job in the AUL or MSL?
    Depends some clubs see a manger winning things and all over social media and Local news papers week in and out with headlines this brings attention to some clubs and mangers if successful.

19. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Definitely, winning trophies in any league shows a fellas ability to manage. That would be my view.

One extreme opposite argument comes to mind on that to be fair. A former manager in the business league did well with Abtran, moved to Greenwood, failed miserably, they're still recovering. He somehow became involved in the Cobh Ramblers set up, out of his depth to say it lightly from what I was told from players. Went to UCC last year and got one win.

Badges and all of that are nothing compared to experience. The man above had the badges, the likes of Nipper have experience. It's junior football after all and if you're successful, I see the attraction.

21. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    winning a double is a great sucess in any league .

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast