Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Cork AUL Divisions 1,2 & 3 2018/19

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    City Wanderers are a fabulous footballing side who try to play the game in the correct manner.
    I would say from the outside that the club is very well run & they are a pleasant enough bunch.
    One of the success stories of the AUL in recent years in my opinion & all involved should be proud.
    The Glen may well win the league as they have a few players of real quality and are on a roll
    but they will be pressed by a good team in City Wanderers for sure.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas3Formation View Post
    City Wanderers are a fabulous footballing side who try to play the game in the correct manner.
    I would say from the outside that the club is very well run & they are a pleasant enough bunch.
    One of the success stories of the AUL in recent years in my opinion & all involved should be proud.
    The Glen may well win the league as they have a few players of real quality and are on a roll
    but they will be pressed by a good team in City Wanderers for sure.
    Define the right way every side is diff but I would say the right way is the winning way.city lads are a great bunch I will add .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The right way is the winning way i suppose that`s one train of thought cos winning an AUL medal is all that`s important in life & sport really
    They show a great attitude, keep playing football until the final whistle mostly on the floor but won`t be bullied either, don`t have any major disciplinary issues,
    would shake your hand after the final whistle and have a friendly chat afterwards. they have a very handy sponsor in sober lane and seem to enjoy the social side of being part of a club also. All in all a club i`ve never heard a bad word about & would also be happy to watch on a day off. (no affiliation by the way)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The right way is the winning way i suppose that`s one train of thought cos winning an AUL medal is all that`s important in life & sport really
    They show a great attitude, keep playing football until the final whistle mostly on the floor but won`t be bullied either, don`t have any major disciplinary issues,
    would shake your hand after the final whistle and have a friendly chat afterwards. they have a very handy sponsor in sober lane and seem to enjoy the social side of being part of a club also. All in all a club i`ve never heard a bad word about & would also be happy to watch on a day off. (no affiliation by the way)
    Just keeping it football fai or aul or msl doesn't matter winning is every thing like every thing it's about taste and the right way is not on here trolling or bad mouthing guys not saying you are ok .i think Kearny showed in his post the class guy he and his club are .

FORMERLY: Donnie Darko
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Thanks for the kind words, I'll be sure to pass on the message. The sponsor from Sober Lane was last year as far as I know as they are not affiliated with us this year. So still waiting for the social aspect to kick in.

Nah, on a serious note, Bulldog is correct. It's nice to try and play football and all that but everyone wants to win. I think League 1 is very competitive this year and there are some good teams with a lot of teams taking points off each other. Also very tough to win with only 1 up automatically. There is a lot of football to be played and if Saturday is anything to go by, then a long season of competitive / enjoyable football is in store for people.

MJC Sunday first of all against another premier team so hopefully another good game.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kearney View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, I'll be sure to pass on the message. The sponsor from Sober Lane was last year as far as I know as they are not affiliated with us this year. So still waiting for the social aspect to kick in.

Nah, on a serious note, Bulldog is correct. It's nice to try and play football and all that but everyone wants to win. I think League 1 is very competitive this year and there are some good teams with a lot of teams taking points off each other. Also very tough to win with only 1 up automatically. There is a lot of football to be played and if Saturday is anything to go by, then a long season of competitive / enjoyable football is in store for people.

MJC Sunday first of all against another premier team so hopefully another good game.
    No More flip the coin sundays what a disaster haha
    ye have done well on the trophy and promotion front also in recent years so its not only nice football.
    I`ve watched a bit of most leagues by now but League 1 is a 2 horse race in my opinion. with the glen being firmish favourite at this point.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Just keeping it football fai or aul or msl doesn't matter winning is every thing like every thing it's about taste and the right way is not on here trolling or bad mouthing guys not saying you are ok .i think Kearny showed in his post the class guy he and his club are .
    In your opinion winning is everything ? that`s your opinion which is fair enough.
    Sometimes someone else`s opinion can be seen as trolling or just bad mouthing. not everyone will have the same opinions i guess.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    In your opinion winning is everything ? that`s your opinion which is fair enough.
    Sometimes someone else`s opinion can be seen as trolling or just bad mouthing. not everyone will have the same opinions i guess.
    Spot on bud and if you care enough to post about the aul then you must rate the honours to have s good season .you opinion is on last seasons city wonders was appreciated.
    Last edited by Bulldog; 14/11/2018 at 1:31 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Spot on bud and if you care enough to post about the aul then you must rate the honours to have s good season .you opinion is on last seasons city wonders was appreciated.
    winning a league 1 medal with a squad thats good enough to play in the higher divisions isent much of an achievement is it !!
    only medals that count in the aul are premier leagues, aoh's and mossie's , the rest arent worth a w**k

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Press View Post
    winning a league 1 medal with a squad thats good enough to play in the higher divisions isent much of an achievement is it !!
    only medals that count in the aul are premier leagues, aoh's and mossie's , the rest arent worth a w**k
    Totally agree with you in a way

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I`ve watched them play twice this season so far which is probably 1 more than you. i didn`t know they parted ways with sober lane is all. i personally hope they stuff the Glen(who are insufferable pr*cks) in all 3 games this season and win the league. Thanks for your advice regarding honours etc your input is greatly appreciated.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Glen had no control over the division they were put into "press" All they can do is try and get up to premier A and compete for the only "important" trophies. It's every management job to get together the best squad they can so don't knock the Glen for doing so.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I`ve watched them play twice this season so far which is probably 1 more than you. i didn`t know they parted ways with sober lane is all. i personally hope they stuff the Glen(who are insufferable pr*cks) in all 3 games this season and win the league. Thanks for your advice regarding honours etc your input is greatly appreciated.
    Now now temper temper city wanders can confirm I watch 4 times in all this season so your out ther as well wen your come out of 2017 you might relax

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    Glen had no control over the division they were put into "press" All they can do is try and get up to premier A and compete for the only "important" trophies. It's every management job to get together the best squad they can so don't knock the Glen for doing so.
    getting good players is what it about xmas is coming tap tap 💰

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    No More flip the coin sundays what a disaster haha
    ye have done well on the trophy and promotion front also in recent years so its not only nice football.
    I`ve watched a bit of most leagues by now but League 1 is a 2 horse race in my opinion. with the glen being firmish favourite at this point.
    Exactly keep moving in the right direction and see what happens at the end of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Press View Post
    That is a very unfair view on it to be honest. While I agree the best players should be competing for the best trophies that doesn't necessarily always work out. For example lads might be playing with their friends or whatever and that club can be in League 2 / 3 or whatever. They have a great season and win the league, are you telling me that doesn't matter? I would argue that it 100% means a lot to those players and it shouldn't be knocked if they do win it. Having a team that is "better" than the league they are in is down to a few things. It could be about a club not having the right mix of players and a manager who doesn't attract / know said players. Then a new manager comes in with new ideas, lads see this or know him and want to join and then that said club becomes successful - you cannot then say that club doesn't deserve to win or the achievement should be belittled.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    CORK AUL CUP DRAWS
    CITY CHALLENGE CUP 1ST ROUND
    Dunbar Celtic v Lakewood Ath B
    Grangevale v Blackstone Rovers
    Blackpool Celtic v LeeviewAth B
    Greenmount Rangers v Temple Utd
    Glen Celtic v Grattan Utd B
    Castleview v Central Rovers
    All other teams bye to 2nd round

COUNTY CUP 1ST ROUND
    KillumneyUtd v Hibernians
    Ard Na Laoi v Corkbeg
    Strand Utd v Richmond
    Cloughduv Celtic v Knockraha
    Springfield v WatergrasshillUtd
    Kilmichael Rovers v SouthcoastAth
    Rathcoole Rovers v Los Zarcos
    All other teams bye to 2nd round

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Friday, 16 November 2018 – K/o 7.45 p.m.

AUL 2A:
    Leeview Athletic B v Glenthorn Celtic B, Mayfield Community School, P.O’Keeffe

Saturday, 17 November 2018 – K/o 2 p.m.

Munster Junior Cup Third Round:
    Pearse Celtic A v Glenthorn Celtic A, Lehenaghmore, Liam Murphy
    Knocknaheeney Celtic v Glen Celtic, Kilmore Rd, V.Coonan
    Village United/Carrigtwohill United v Lakewood Athletic, venue later , Richard Murphy

AUL 1:
    UCC A v Cathedral Celtic, The Farm, D.Keeler
    AUL 1A:
    CFC Banteer v Fairview, Rathcoole, M.Barry
    Rathcoole Rovers v Strand United, Rathcoole. D.Daunt
    AUL 2:
    Blackstone Rovers v Grattan United B, Fairfield, J.O’Connor

AUL 2A:
    Richmond v Knocknaheeney Celtic B, Garrane Darra, Wilton, B.O’Regan
    South Coast Athletic v Bweeng Celtic, Shanbally, B.Forde

AUL 3:
    Killumney United v Lakewood Athletic B, The Farm, B.Noonan
    Los Zarcos v Ard-na-Laoi, Town Pk, Millstreet, K.Szatkowski

AUL 3A:
    Greenwood B v St John Bosco B, Alsa Pk, T.Callanan

Sunday, 18 November 2018 – K/o 10.45 a.m. (unless otherwise stated)

Munster Junior Cup Third Round:
    St John’s Bosco v City Wanderers, Dungourney, 2 p.m., T.McCarthy

AUL 1:
    Springfield v Dunbar Celtic, Pat O Brien Pk, T.Thompson

AUL 1A:
    Temple United v Donoughmore Athletic, Temple Pk, M.O Flaherty

AUL 2:
    Blackpool Celtic v Churchvilla, Popham’s Field, Liam Murphy
    Carrigtwohill United B v Hibernians, Ballyadam Pk, P.O’Sullivan

AUL 3:
    Ballinhassig v Innishvilla B, Gortnaglough, G.Dolan

AUL 3A:
    UCC B v Pearse Celtic B, The Farm, 2 p.m., P.O’Keeffe
    Parkview Celtic v Grangevale, Garryduff, B.Noonan
    Watergrasshill United v Greenmount Rangers, Skehanagh, M.Barry

Last edited by localledgend; 15/11/2018 at 3:01 PM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516