Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Divisions 1,2 & 3 2018/19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cork AUL Divisions 1,2 & 3 2018/19

anybody know when the league sections will be announced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    anybody know when the league sections will be announced.
    Aul Meeting on Friday i Believe so should be announced at the weekend..

Any news on village dropping out

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I don’t think it’s players Is the reason the glen folded I think it was more to do with people behind the club or lack of them. Pa long was doing everything by himself! Can’t blame him for wanting to just play. seems the year off has done them good and they have all come together again.

Castleview for example are a massive club and have a lot a people helping out absolutely ludicrous to compare them.

Was only last season teams were given the opportunity to pick what league they went into to even up the leagues.

Temple went from 3rd to 1st, knocka b finished mid table 3 and went 2.

Grattan b refused to go up and won the 3rd unbeaten.

I doubt any club takes it lightly to fold.

FORMERLY: Donnie Darko
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Lads, there is no right or wrong answer. You could sit here and argue until the cows come home about what league they should go in or that it is unfair on "X". The simple fact remains that Paulie (Glen in this case) will always be able to attract players. Lads want to play for him. The Glen lads want to play with their buddies and with their local team. Other teams that struggled and ended up folding or slipping down the divisions is a different story. It is about attracting players. If you can't attract the players and are going to be weaker you are better off folding or slipping down. Glen would be too strong for most leagues and it is a waste putting them in 3. Killumney folded and went 3. That was the right thing to do for that club. However, if they were bringing in a manager say like Paulie who was going to bring 5/6 lads then there would be no point putting them in 3.

Like some teams don't win leagues and get promoted but no one is talking about them. So each team needs to be assessed on a team by team basis. Ballincollig stayed up in MSL 1 last year but cannot attract players at all and will have no team so folded. I believe they will come back but it will be 100% MSL2. The club will have to build again. Also only 3 leagues in MSL and any team that is fairly decent going in to division 2 will usually come straight out. It's a long time from 3 - premier. Totally different IMO.

The North Side is flooded with so many teams so close together all in or around the same level. It must be tough but it goes in cycles. Like Grattan were brilliant years ago. Lads left, lads came back and they have dominated for a few seasons now. Glen had a great side and any team that will strengthen the set up in AUL is surely a positive as it's sad when teams fold but that is junior football unfortunately.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by injurytime View Post
    League will only benefit from having glen celtic back..Serious serious outfit being built the them and all credit to them....
    Its just players they had before coming back and weakening other teams . They will have a good team . Others will be weaker and the Glen will be in Div1 when a lot of those players should as we know be playing much higher

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    Its just players they had before coming back and weakening other teams . They will have a good team . Others will be weaker and the Glen will be in Div1 when a lot of those players should as we know be playing much higher
    the great thing about a democratic country is you get an opinion and a choice .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    MOSSIE LINNANE LEAGUE CUP GROUPS

Section A

Bohemians

Buttevant

Knocknaheeny Cel

Village Utd

*Section B

Carrigtohill Utd

Glenthorn Celtic

Leeview Ath

St John Boscos

Section C

Coachford

Innishvilla

Kanturk

Lakewood Ath

Macroom A

Section D

Grattan Utd A

Greenwood A

Pearse Celtic A

Rylane Celtic

Tower Fc

Waterloo

Just saw this on the corkaul.com website

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    How can they have 4 team in 2 groups and 1 with 6?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    the great thing about a democratic country is you get an opinion and a choice .
    You are missing my point Paulie . I think that you and your Glen team should be Prem A at least seeing as someone pointed out above that if the glen hadn't folded and had been relegated the worst place they would be anyway is Prem A . The players are of the quality that they should be playing Prem or Prem A anyway and with 19 teams between Prem and Prem A wouldn't it have made more sense to put the Glen in Prem A at least and make up the two divs to 10 each?? Also the AUL is not really a democracy . Those guys just do whatever they want and don't really care what the clubs think.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Any teams have difficulty with the FAI registration this year?

Must hard copies still be sent to AUL or is scanning online fine?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I think we are finding the online registration fine anyone that's been uploaded has been accepted.
    I think the AUL are takeing the full written Reg form this year as its the first year of the online registration

I'm not 100% on this but am 90% sure this is the procedure for the year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Once you register your players on with your team online there is a print option to print a squad sheet that players then sign and you send that in, the old cork aul forms are redundant, as far as i am aware.
    Last edited by scubasteve; 02/08/2018 at 3:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How did Pearse B end up in div 3 after they won the 1A division last season, from what i can see 4 teams gone from last year Cresent, Buttervant B, Knockraha B and Hillington, with two "new" teams coming in Glen celtic and Parkview B.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    How did Pearse B end up in div 3 after they won the 1A division last season, from what i can see 4 teams gone from last year Cresent, Buttervant B, Knockraha B and Hillington, with two "new" teams coming in Glen celtic and Parkview B.
    From what I understand there B team have gone up with there managers to really become the A team so a new squad again in the 3rd division

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    You are missing my point Paulie . I think that you and your Glen team should be Prem A at least seeing as someone pointed out above that if the glen hadn't folded and had been relegated the worst place they would be anyway is Prem A . The players are of the quality that they should be playing Prem or Prem A anyway and with 19 teams between Prem and Prem A wouldn't it have made more sense to put the Glen in Prem A at least and make up the two divs to 10 each?? Also the AUL is not really a democracy . Those guys just do whatever they want and don't really care what the clubs think.
    not paulie.s glen celtic and the point I was making is players making a choice to play in what ever div or level they want .have no opinion on the aul or the running of it .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Mad how parkview have entered a b team! Be interesting to see how it turns out!

Correct with pearse b team gone a and a team is last years under 18 because no 19 league this year.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Sorry now but yer saying because of pearse celtics b managers taking over the a team it's ok to go back down division 3? It's an absolute shambles and it shows the way the quality has went. Roll on another year of **** football and **** crack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    Sorry now but yer saying because of pearse celtics b managers taking over the a team it's ok to go back down division 3? It's an absolute shambles and it shows the way the quality has went. Roll on another year of **** football and **** crack
    Was talking to Somebody involved in Dunbar and he reckon the new A manager wont last the season due to other commitments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    MSL Team looking for Friendly next Tuesday pitch and Referee Booked anybody interested DM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    My predictions for this years aul
    PREM grattan A / Knocka A
    PREM A Lakewood / macroom
    DIV 1 Glen / City Wanderers
    DIV 1A Donoughmore/Temple
    DIV 2 Blackstone / Knockraha
    DIV 2A Glenthorn B / Richmond