Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Divisions 1,2 & 3 2018/19

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localledgend View Post
    I was at a game today but I'm not aloud post it on this forum but thanks for your thoughts all the same
    Surely today so you would have seen how city Wanderers play? Would have seen if they were a decent side??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Very hard for me to be in two places at the same time I'm afraid

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Very hard for me to be in two places at the same time I'm afraid
    Was at the game today but still couldn’t judge how they played! Two places at once! If you were at the game you would have judged things for yourself instead of asking a fella what kind of side they are! Just my opinion!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You might want to read my post again Wesley!!Correctly this time and you will see that it says I was at "a" game today never said I was the Glen game you clearly didn't read it right the first time!! The game I was at was a Premier game which I put my report up on the Premier forum so before you go off on one the next time please read the post a second time!! Thanks

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    You might want to read my post again Wesley!!Correctly this time and you will see that it says I was at "a" game today never said I was the Glen game you clearly didn't read it right the first time!! The game I was at was a Premier game which I put my report up on the Premier forum so before you go off on one the next time please read the post a second time!! Thanks

My bad!! Admit when I’m wrong! Apologies!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fair play!Apology excepted,I have huge interest in local soccer and I heard City wanderers were handy so that's why I was asking..hopefully I'l get out to see them soon.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Fair play!Apology excepted,I have huge interest in local soccer and I heard City wanderers were handy so that's why I was asking..hopefully I'l get out to see them soon.

Do!! Gunna be very interesting between the glen and city Wanderers for the league! Good sides and will be interesting how it goes!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I was at a game today but I'm not aloud post it on this forum but thanks for your thoughts all the same
    You asked Kearney if city w are decent? If you were anyway involved in cork aul soccer you would know Kearney plays for them and did play for them Saturday, why would you ask him if his own team are decent?

FORMERLY: Donnie Darko
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    You asked Kearney if city w are decent? If you were anyway involved in cork aul soccer you would know Kearney plays for them and did play for them Saturday, why would you ask him if his own team are decent?
    I watched the majority of it to be honest like I said. Plus it was a division 1 game, reading majority of his posts are around Premier and Premier A so he may not be in the detail of the lower leagues. To your point, I'm not going to answer the question he asked anyways but more than happy to offer my opinion on other teams if I see a game or play against them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thanks,I appreciate that.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kearney View Post
    I watched the majority of it to be honest like I said. Plus it was a division 1 game, reading majority of his posts are around Premier and Premier A so he may not be in the detail of the lower leagues. To your point, I'm not going to answer the question he asked anyways but more than happy to offer my opinion on other teams if I see a game or play against them.
    The anser to that is ther a fine side good lads and well organised team fab game real cup tie both sides a credit .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    City Wanderers are a fabulous footballing side who try to play the game in the correct manner.
    I would say from the outside that the club is very well run & they are a pleasant enough bunch.
    One of the success stories of the AUL in recent years in my opinion & all involved should be proud.
    The Glen may well win the league as they have a few players of real quality and are on a roll
    but they will be pressed by a good team in City Wanderers for sure.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas3Formation View Post
    City Wanderers are a fabulous footballing side who try to play the game in the correct manner.
    I would say from the outside that the club is very well run & they are a pleasant enough bunch.
    One of the success stories of the AUL in recent years in my opinion & all involved should be proud.
    The Glen may well win the league as they have a few players of real quality and are on a roll
    but they will be pressed by a good team in City Wanderers for sure.
    Define the right way every side is diff but I would say the right way is the winning way.city lads are a great bunch I will add .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The right way is the winning way i suppose that`s one train of thought cos winning an AUL medal is all that`s important in life & sport really
    They show a great attitude, keep playing football until the final whistle mostly on the floor but won`t be bullied either, don`t have any major disciplinary issues,
    would shake your hand after the final whistle and have a friendly chat afterwards. they have a very handy sponsor in sober lane and seem to enjoy the social side of being part of a club also. All in all a club i`ve never heard a bad word about & would also be happy to watch on a day off. (no affiliation by the way)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The right way is the winning way i suppose that`s one train of thought cos winning an AUL medal is all that`s important in life & sport really
    They show a great attitude, keep playing football until the final whistle mostly on the floor but won`t be bullied either, don`t have any major disciplinary issues,
    would shake your hand after the final whistle and have a friendly chat afterwards. they have a very handy sponsor in sober lane and seem to enjoy the social side of being part of a club also. All in all a club i`ve never heard a bad word about & would also be happy to watch on a day off. (no affiliation by the way)
    Just keeping it football fai or aul or msl doesn't matter winning is every thing like every thing it's about taste and the right way is not on here trolling or bad mouthing guys not saying you are ok .i think Kearny showed in his post the class guy he and his club are .

FORMERLY: Donnie Darko
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Thanks for the kind words, I'll be sure to pass on the message. The sponsor from Sober Lane was last year as far as I know as they are not affiliated with us this year. So still waiting for the social aspect to kick in.

Nah, on a serious note, Bulldog is correct. It's nice to try and play football and all that but everyone wants to win. I think League 1 is very competitive this year and there are some good teams with a lot of teams taking points off each other. Also very tough to win with only 1 up automatically. There is a lot of football to be played and if Saturday is anything to go by, then a long season of competitive / enjoyable football is in store for people.

MJC Sunday first of all against another premier team so hopefully another good game.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kearney View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, I'll be sure to pass on the message. The sponsor from Sober Lane was last year as far as I know as they are not affiliated with us this year. So still waiting for the social aspect to kick in.

Nah, on a serious note, Bulldog is correct. It's nice to try and play football and all that but everyone wants to win. I think League 1 is very competitive this year and there are some good teams with a lot of teams taking points off each other. Also very tough to win with only 1 up automatically. There is a lot of football to be played and if Saturday is anything to go by, then a long season of competitive / enjoyable football is in store for people.

MJC Sunday first of all against another premier team so hopefully another good game.
    No More flip the coin sundays what a disaster haha
    ye have done well on the trophy and promotion front also in recent years so its not only nice football.
    I`ve watched a bit of most leagues by now but League 1 is a 2 horse race in my opinion. with the glen being firmish favourite at this point.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Just keeping it football fai or aul or msl doesn't matter winning is every thing like every thing it's about taste and the right way is not on here trolling or bad mouthing guys not saying you are ok .i think Kearny showed in his post the class guy he and his club are .
    In your opinion winning is everything ? that`s your opinion which is fair enough.
    Sometimes someone else`s opinion can be seen as trolling or just bad mouthing. not everyone will have the same opinions i guess.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    In your opinion winning is everything ? that`s your opinion which is fair enough.
    Sometimes someone else`s opinion can be seen as trolling or just bad mouthing. not everyone will have the same opinions i guess.
    Spot on bud and if you care enough to post about the aul then you must rate the honours to have s good season .you opinion is on last seasons city wonders was appreciated.
    Last edited by Bulldog; 14/11/2018 at 1:31 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Glen had no control over the division they were put into "press" All they can do is try and get up to premier A and compete for the only "important" trophies. It's every management job to get together the best squad they can so don't knock the Glen for doing so.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast