Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Ireland Finances

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I'm retarded when it comes to money at the best of times. Is that the budget or the expenditure of clubs in the PL? Bohs are doing remarkably well if they've the 3rd lowest budget or spend in the league
    Tbf to you, it looks like a lot of clubs do ignore the actual costs going through the P/L.

As for your question, I may be missing something obvious here, but I'll take the risk of a whoosh.....this is actual not budget.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

2. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    If it's coming from the Companies Office returns, then it'll be actual.

But you'd hope that actual spend would be close enough to budget - cos otherwise there's something wrong with your budgeting process.

I like that Derry are missing every year, so we still can't definitively answer the question of who has the fourth-largest wages bill in the league

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    I'm retarded when it comes to money at the best of times. Is that the budget or the expenditure of clubs in the PL? Bohs are doing remarkably well if they've the 3rd lowest budget or spend in the league
    Bohs only 3rd lowest because everyone else claims 4th highest budget 😁

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Bohs are doing remarkably well if they've the 3rd lowest budget or spend in the league
    This is true. They got plenty of credit this year and rightly so. What they're doing on a shoestring budget is frankly incredible! Their budget is about a quarter or a third of that of the top 4 clubs, and about half of that of the other mid table clubs like Pats, Sligo and Derry. And they finished 2 points off 5th this yr!

Relative to budget, are Bohs the best performers in the division??

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    7th or 8th biggest budget finished 6th .
    Good performance undeniably, Keith Long has done a good job, + TC

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/8...0-ec1d0a9dead5

Delaney earned just 15k less than the total prize money for the whole premier division last year. But he bought pints once so **** it it's grand

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/8...0-ec1d0a9dead5

Delaney earned just 15k less than the total prize money for the whole premier division last year. But he bought pints once so **** it it's grand
    Absolute disgrace the money that spoofer leeches off Irish football. Imagine the promotional campaign the LOI could run on half a million euro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    The debt of the FAI would be well serviced over the years of his tenure!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Sure Delaney deserves it doesn't he always say how he works 7 days a week...... it must be all uefa work he's doing and probably about an hours work a day the lying sh1t.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    FAI granted a nice bit of funding for the Project all hail JD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    FAI granted a nice bit of funding for the Project all hail JD.
    buying clubs off individually with public money is Delaneys way alright.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Bump in an attempt to seek information. Hope I amn't breaking any rule!

Anyone recognise this "plan" for the development of the League? I saved it some time ago but didn't keep details of the source (doh!).

loi-plan-2020.jpg

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Don't recognise it - but presume you don't have a higher res version? Can't really read the details

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    It will effect the annual balance sheet negatively. But you are right, until repayments are being made it wont impact on turnover but at some point unless written off the loan will come in to play. Is it a cash injection from a board member though, even if intended to pay for capital developments?

On a side note, is Roadstone owned by Rovers or part lease agreement involved? (genuine question!!).
    It will never impact on turnover as it's a loan, turnover in basically a company's income generated. The loan will come into play in the sense that it will be repaid at some point one way or another but that's not what I'm talking about here. It is specifically not a cash injection from Ray.

What I'm saying is at present there is a rule that you cannot spend more than 65% of your turnover on wages, Dundalk in order to keep under that allowed limit have had to have their owners "sponsor" the club to the tune of a million euro, Rovers have not. That means that either Dundalk cut their wage bill drastically or they have to increase their turnover drastically and while they have earned an extra 700,000 this season compared to last their wages have also risen so it looks like Peak 6 will have to "sponsor" them again to make up the shortfall. That's not a sustainable business model, Dundalk are effectively banking on making the Europa league group stages every season or the play-offs at an absolute bare minimum.

It's a long term lease.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Fair enough I'm no accountant. It's the balance sheet that servicing a loan would effect then so. Out of interest where are you getting the figures of €1mil 'sponsorship'? You wont find a Dundalk fan that doesnt have at least some concern in the back of the minds on the need to make progress in Europe and as a club in general. A lot of effort is going in to maximising and adding income streams - It would be naive to be blinkered on club finances or take everything at face value!

You're sounding a bit evasive on the lease on Roadstone RH which has piqued my interest as I presumed it was fully owned by SRFC initially tbh. How long is a 'long term lease'? Who is it leased from, are they directly involved development (I dont want to use 'project' in case it comes across as snide!) Oriel Park, for example, has something like 80+ years to run on the lease I think and caused a good bit of grief when the club changed owership in 2012.

*just read the other thread. As it's the finance thread, looking back at the leagues finances blog - Rovers had accumulated debt of nearly €1m prior to Roadstone getting up and running and prior to good transfer fees in. There was also a season without European money. That debt would have to be managed somehow, I'm not convinced that every cent went to the development of the youth academy - some of the Wilson money is highly likely to have been directed to cover day to day costs or put a dent in accumulated debt. If that was the case then it is a cash injection from a board member albeit to be paid back when the club can afford to do so. That the membership were willing to remotely consider leveraging 50% ownership considering the history, effort of fans previously and how proud Rovers fans were about their ownership model - well I'm sure you can see why there would be speculation on the use of the whole loan!?

Rovers are a lucky club now after toughing it out for so long - a stadium that they can rent, a parcel of land that is leased to build a youth academy, no doubt with SCGs to help. This isnt at all sour grapes but if Dundalk were able to rent a modern stadium like Tallaght locally there would be some pot of money for player wages and to build a proper youth structure! Oriel Park is a serious drain on the clubs ability to really capitalise on this era of success.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 29/08/2019 at 3:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Are the OP bars on a different account from Dundalk FC(LTD) ?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Are the OP bars on a different account from Dundalk FC(LTD) ?
    Good luck with that one.

On second thoughts RH probably has the answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Good luck with that one.
    Say nothing til ya hear more!
    🤐

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Fair enough I'm no accountant. It's the balance sheet that servicing a loan would effect then so. Out of interest where are you getting the figures of €1mil 'sponsorship'? You wont find a Dundalk fan that doesnt have at least some concern in the back of the minds on the need to make progress in Europe and as a club in general. A lot of effort is going in to maximising and adding income streams - It would be naive to be blinkered on club finances or take everything at face value!

You're sounding a bit evasive on the lease on Roadstone RH which has piqued my interest as I presumed it was fully owned by SRFC initially tbh. How long is a 'long term lease'? Who is it leased from, are they directly involved development (I dont want to use 'project' in case it comes across as snide!) Oriel Park, for example, has something like 80+ years to run on the lease I think and caused a good bit of grief when the club changed owership in 2012.

*just read the other thread. As it's the finance thread, looking back at the leagues finances blog - Rovers had accumulated debt of nearly €1m prior to Roadstone getting up and running and prior to good transfer fees in. There was also a season without European money. That debt would have to be managed somehow, I'm not convinced that every cent went to the development of the youth academy - some of the Wilson money is highly likely to have been directed to cover day to day costs or put a dent in accumulated debt. If that was the case then it is a cash injection from a board member albeit to be paid back when the club can afford to do so. That the membership were willing to remotely consider leveraging 50% ownership considering the history, effort of fans previously and how proud Rovers fans were about their ownership model - well I'm sure you can see why there would be speculation on the use of the whole loan!?

Rovers are a lucky club now after toughing it out for so long - a stadium that they can rent, a parcel of land that is leased to build a youth academy, no doubt with SCGs to help. This isnt at all sour grapes but if Dundalk were able to rent a modern stadium like Tallaght locally there would be some pot of money for player wages and to build a proper youth structure! Oriel Park is a serious drain on the clubs ability to really capitalise on this era of success.
    It was in a piece in the independent.

As for everything else Jesus christ talk about grasping at straws? How was I evasive about Roadstone? You asked was it owned of leased and I answered its a long term lease, it's owned by, you guessed it, Roadstone, as for how long it is I think theres at least a decade to run on it and there's plans in place to extend it once more facilities are built.

As for the debt bit, it was very well publicised at the time that the 1.5 million was being used to pay off the debt (yes essentially change who you owe it to but better to owe Ray money than anyone else) and invest in the facilities.

Lucky? Lucky? How the **** are we lucky? Rovers have worked damn hard for ever single thing that we have bar none. Getting a lease is luck now? **** off with that ****e. Dundalk could have the nicest stadium in the world and it wouldn't mean **** for the context of what I'm saying for their wages vs turnover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Marino has competion for the angriest man on the internet title! So Rovers did get a cash injection from an investor then? Of course Rovers are lucky, Council with foresight and ambition means a nice new stadium, new training facilities payed for with an interest free loan + debts cleared, escaped extinction in the homless days, survived relegation even. I think Dundalk have been lucky too albeit not lucky enough to have a County Council buy in to the idea of a municpal stadium but other than that yeah we are lucky to be where we are!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast