Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Ireland Finances

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Marino has competion for the angriest man on the internet title! So Rovers did get a cash injection from an investor then? Of course Rovers are lucky, Council with foresight and ambition means a nice new stadium, new training facilities payed for with an interest free loan + debts cleared, escaped extinction in the homless days, survived relegation even. I think Dundalk have been lucky too albeit not lucky enough to have a County Council buy in to the idea of a municpal stadium but other than that yeah we are lucky to be where we are!
    Yeah lucky is having scumbags pull a fast one and sell your home from under you, lucky is going from the best team in the country by an absolute mile to a bag of shirts and ball, lucky is playing wherever will have you, lucky is your fans taking out personal loans to keep the club afloat, lucky is meeting every obstacle possible when trying to build a ground. Having a loyal fan help the club isn't lucky, nor is anything about Tallaght stadium. Now you've already shown you know absolutely **** all about the topic so why don't you go off and learn about Rovers and Tallaght and educate yourself a bit before you spout even more ****e (Tales from the east stand have a couple great podcasts on the tallaght saga that show how "lucky" we were).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    You are a bit of a glass half empty chap aren't you RH.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    You are a bit of a glass half empty chap aren't you RH.
    No I just actually know what I'm talking about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    True,true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    The two podcasts the east stand did around the Tallaght saga and the battle with Thomas Davis even after the examinership are fantastic listening.
    The image of a line of fans queuing outside AIB to take out personal loans to give to the club at the founding of the 400 club is everything that is good about our League.
    Id advise anyone to listen its beyond fascinating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Oh to have a such loyal fan that that gives so freely to a club, a loan that hovers over the beloved members' ownership....for nothing...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Oh to have a such loyal fan that that gives so freely to a club, a loan that hovers over the beloved members' ownership....for nothing...
    If one lifelong fan and member that happens to be a millionaire owning 50% of a club is hovering over now you must be seriously scared of your American investment fund owning 100% of the club, especially when investments are done to make a profit and so far they're just losing money every year, I'd be very scared if I were a dundalk fan that the yanks will take everything out of the bank and run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The two podcasts the east stand did around the Tallaght saga and the battle with Thomas Davis even after the examinership are fantastic listening.
    The image of a line of fans queuing outside AIB to take out personal loans to give to the club at the founding of the 400 club is everything that is good about our League.
    Id advise anyone to listen its beyond fascinating.
    Yet those “loyal fans” had no problem pimping out 50% of their club the first chance they got.

When is THAT podcast ?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I'd be very scared if I were a dundalk fan that the yanks will take everything out of the bank and run.
    It's a distinct possibility that the current owners could bail out at some stage. In the meantime we will just have to be serene and enjoy all the league and cup successes

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Yet those “loyal fans” had no problem pimping out 50% of their club the first chance they got.

When is THAT podcast ?
    I put up a comment that a podcast is a really good listen and given the LOI history pretty relevant to lots of clubs and you respond with this................
    Do you ever think about how you portray yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I put up a comment that a podcast is a really good listen and given the LOI history pretty relevant to lots of clubs and you respond with this................
    Do you ever think about how you portray yourself.
    Most LOI clubs had difficulties, not so long ago there was bucket collections in Dalymount to help Dundalk ! Shels, Bohs Cork (various varieties) all struggled, many clubs didn’t survive, so spare us the “Shams tragedy “.
    It is a fact your loyal fans pimped out 50% of your “fans owned” club the first chance they got.
    No doubt Marino man 😁 Dermot Desmond won’t have to queue up to buy a chunk of the “members owned” club.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    And did it ever occur to you why this same Marino man is more interested in investing in Rovers and not the bohs?
    My god snotnose, you really are as thick as a ditch.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    Maybe we could all get along a lil' bit better without the constant need to whip out and compare members... Hm?
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    And did it ever occur to you why this same Marino man is more interested in investing in Rovers and not the bohs?
    My god snotnose, you really are as thick as a ditch.
    Bohs is a REAL members club, since 1890. We don’t pimp our club out like some.
    <No need for this at all at all>
    Yep, 1890.
    Last edited by Mr A; 02/09/2019 at 1:55 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    If one lifelong fan and member that happens to be a millionaire owning 50% of a club is hovering over now you must be seriously scared of your American investment fund owning 100% of the club, especially when investments are done to make a profit and so far they're just losing money every year, I'd be very scared if I were a dundalk fan that the yanks will take everything out of the bank and run.
    Since Day 1, they have provided everything to the club which they said they would.

Have not lied about anything.

They have not dipped into the funds in the bank (they are putting their own cash in)

Id believe they are in this for right reasons (no matter how much you want us to fail) tbf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I think the whole argument about Peak 6 and their intentions is kind of silly.
    Either an American fund decided that they had a love of Ireland and specifically Dundalk and are investing for this love or they invested in the hope of a return.
    I suspect it was the latter and that is fine with me ...what do people in the LOI community have against investments?
    I understand the need for concern (look at the Cork debacle 10 years ago) or others but if the league is to grow we need investors.
    They will run DFC and if they achieve their aim of getting a return DFC will be successful.
    If they don't they will pull out but i don't think it will be like the Cork example as these people have other investments and reputations to keep.
    I would imagine a sale at a knock down rather than a liquidation.
    On the not dipping into the cash the last accounts showed only 1.2 in cash in the bank so i would'nt be so sure about that but even if they have been using that cash it is THEIRS to use ..they bought the club.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Bohs is a REAL members club, since 1890. We don’t pimp our club out like some.
    Surely even a moron like you knows that ?
    Yep, 1890.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.i...-26363606.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    On the not dipping into the cash the last accounts showed only 1.2 in cash in the bank so i would'nt be so sure about that but even if they have been using that cash it is THEIRS to use ..they bought the club.]

I think this was as at a certain time in that year when it was reported, euro expenses that season in question had to be paid out for travel etc. I believe (could be wrong) the more accurate figure is just over 2m left in the bank.

Its still costing P6 led group 1m a year to keep things going, and I`m hearing they have already signed off on significant new signings for next season in an attempt to do better in Europe, that being the only route to roi (return on investment).

The question is how long will they be prepared to be patient to get that return back.
    Last edited by oriel; 31/08/2019 at 12:49 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Sold DALYMOUNT PARK not the club it really isn't that difficult to understand.
    We now sold DALYMOUNT PARK to DCC but the club is still members owned.
    Maybe if I type slower you might understand ?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Jesus lads, could you try not ruin every thread with your ****e?

24. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast