Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Matches 17-18 August

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Deserved win for bozos against a toothless Rovers.
    Lopes had a mare the whole game which the manager chose to ignore.
    If this boez side put in a similar effort against the rest of the league they would challenge for Europe in this distinctly average league. Instead they cannot stop looking over their shoulder at the teams below them in the table.
    And to think Rovers fans feel they are being cheated....😉

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Granted, but the analogy with what Rangers did in getting in a manager in that inspired hope for the coming season is valid
    Sounds like exactly the sort of long-term planning that has Rovers where they are now.

What could possibly go wrong?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    If this boez side put in a similar effort against the rest of the league they would challenge for Europe in this distinctly average league. Instead they cannot stop looking over their shoulder at the teams below them in the table.
    Yeah , feeling really cheated that the team with the lowest playing budget in the league has consistently out performed your overpaid spoofers, step forward Aaron Green!
    You will probably remember how proud your fans were when Rovers occasionally played out of their skins for the likes of Scully when you didn't have a playing budget.?
    Other than a collapse against Sligo at home, I couldn't fault the commitment.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Great crowd from Dundalk at the game which is the norm for that fixture - can never figure out what the attraction is?
    Strange isn't it. If you listen to the "experts", away fans need a covered stand and pristine toilets in order to travel in numbers.

Neither of which Bray have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I always look forward to going to Bray away, was thinking last night on the way out, pity prob won't get a chance to visit it for a few years.

Dundalk always take a large crowd, possibly 700 there last night, always find it a very friendly set up, great location for that hotel / pub too across the dart line.

Enjoyable game, Bray def put it up to us for 20 mins in the second half, always happy to get an away win, 12th league win a row, but Sligo away on Monday won't be an easy game.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    We're awful at home. Couldn't ask for easier really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    We're awful at home. Couldn't ask for easier really.
    Our form isn't great at the moment though, confidence has dipped after the awful performance in Cyprus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    It was a good night for Waterford with our first league win in a while after 3 defeats in a row and Bohs beating Rovers giving us a 4 point lead over them. I watched Rovers v Bohs on tv. Bohs denied a blatant penalty in first half when Lopes brought down Kelly. After Rovers good run lately the pressure is back on Bradley again after 2 big defeats in a row.

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Is it true that Bohs got 4 points for last nights win?

Maybe points don't apply in cup finals?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Sounds like exactly the sort of long-term planning that has Rovers where they are now.

What could possibly go wrong?
    What are you on about? other than the 1st team the club is doing fine both on and off the pitch and all because of long term planning. Granted getting a new manager in to generate hope optimism and season tickets sales is not Long term planning but is it a worse idea than sticking with our present manager. It is a no brainer IMO

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Lowest budget in the league, playing great stuff and stuffing you lot 3 times is a good season.

How many cup matches have you lost this year? Drogheda last Friday and 3 against Bohs was it?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Absolutely spineless performance from us yesterday, I can put up with playing badly and I can put up with many other things a team can do in a match but the lack of effort or any sort of passion last night was just disgusting to see.

Can blame the manager to an extent but the players have to shoulder a lot of the blame for yesterday's **** show

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    What are you on about? other than the 1st team the club is doing fine both on and off the pitch and all because of long term planning. Granted getting a new manager in to generate hope optimism and season tickets sales is not Long term planning but is it a worse idea than sticking with our present manager. It is a no brainer IMO
    Well they're in financial trouble again, so that's an issue. Their performances to date under Gerrard haven't been great; they've struggled to get by very moderate European opposition. They've withdrawn from the underage leagues, I think, which is an idiotic move. I'm not sure what they have going for them tbh apart from a bit of bog-standard new manager optimism.

And in general, Rangers are a notoriously badly-run club. Not ones to emulate.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Well they're in financial trouble again, so that's an issue. Their performances to date under Gerrard haven't been great; they've struggled to get by very moderate European opposition. They've withdrawn from the underage leagues, I think, which is an idiotic move. I'm not sure what they have going for them tbh apart from a bit of bog-standard new manager optimism.

And in general, Rangers are a notoriously badly-run club. Not ones to emulate.
    Nice one stu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    When your centre half scores a ridiculous volley.

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Great match at St. Colman's Park, three great goals from play. Conor davis getting his first League goal in his first fill league debut. Equalising with a goal-line toepoke and Daire O'Connor set up the shot.
    Cobh U19s Gordon Walker's 35 yarder deceived Conor Kearns enough for him to lose his footing in muddy goal-mouth. The pitch looked in great knick. The sweeping misty rain added to the spectacle.

After a delay, UCD captain Gary O'Neill dispatched his peno with aplomb. Substitute Yoyo Mahdy had stormed into the Cobh box but was brought down before he could shoot.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1030912386847387649

UCD Fans on the road in fine voice as usual.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpoJoyce View Post
    Great match at St. Colman's Park, three great goals from play. Conor davis getting his first League goal in his first fill league debut. Equalising with a goal-line toepoke and Daire O'Connor set up the shot.
    Cobh U19s Gordon Walker's 35 yarder deceived Conor Kearns enough for him to lose his footing in muddy goal-mouth. The pitch looked in great knick. The sweeping misty rain added to the spectacle.

After a delay, UCD captain Gary O'Neill dispatched his peno with aplomb. Substitute Yoyo Mahdy had stormed into the Cobh box but was brought down before he could shoot.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1030912386847387649

UCD Fans on the road in fine voice as usual.
    Enjoyable game alright,
    Pen looked harsh to me from an unbiased viewpoint all told UCD would have deserved their equaliser anyway and are the best footballing side in the division by a mile. Ramblers second goal was bizarre alright. College deserve to go up.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Strange isn't it. If you listen to the "experts", away fans need a covered stand and pristine toilets in order to travel in numbers.

Neither of which Bray have.
    You are around a long time white horse, are you telling me you can't see how not having basic facilities for fans is detrimental for all clubs and the league?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Cobhs draw almost opens up the First Division race again. Could be twists there yet.

UCD last three games: Drogheda, Harps, Longford
    Harps last three games: Galway, UCD, Cabinteely

If Drogheda can manage to beat UCD and Harps beat Galway, it'll set up a huge tie in Belfield a week later. I'd fancy one of Drogheda or Longford to beat UCD.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Yeah, this is exactly what I didn't want. A win against Harps - and we've beaten them twice so far - will do it. UCD v Drogheda last time in the Bowl wasn't a contest, but we did lose up there.

But in general we're still playing well, and Davis has scored in both his starts. I think we'll beat Drogheda, and that should do it.

But would rather have the extra two points in the bag.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast