Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Matches 17-18 August

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Rovers have won 12 league games this season. The way Bradley has spread them out to ensure he still has a job is very impressive.
    He isnt the only one...

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    I for one love The Bradster. Think he loves Bohs too. Can’t stop giving us points every time we meet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Dundalk cantered home as expected against Bray.
    An uncharacteristic mistake by Chris Shields early in the 2nd half allowed Jake Kelly to score to get the match to 2-1.Bray had only one other chance in the game that i recall
    In fairness to Bray they had a fair few players from u-19 and their 1st choice GK(Moran) got a hamstring in the warm-up and was pulled.
    Great crowd from Dundalk at the game which is the norm for that fixture - can never figure out what the attraction is?

Huge match for us npw against Sligo on Monday.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    That will be a very interesting game in sligo on Monday. Expect dundalk to get the points though.

Pats for us could be a tricky one on Sunday after Thursday.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    I am bit surprised that some don't see the attraction of Bray for visiting fans. Great location for a ground, especially with being able to get to it by train. Would Dundalk fans be able to get back home by train, or is service ended by the time they get back to Connolly Station?
    Painful to watch the Galway "performance" at Terryland tonight, Longford way much better team.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    That's pretty much it for the relegation battle at the bottom of the PD. Can't see Limerick or Bray moving from current positions.

Really thought Limerick would push on and make a proper fight of it after the Waterford result, but it didn't materialise. A fair bit of time to prepare for a play-off, if it will do them any good.
    Done, yeah. Petered out badly.

And a fairly ugly run of games V mostly sides chasing things too before that p/o.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Town finish with ten due to yet another injury. I’m expecting we’ll be down to u17s on the bench next week if we’ve even registered them.
    We're at that stage already! Tumelo who's been on the bench the last few weeks only 16 I think. Evan O'Connor, Eoin O'Neill and Warren Mitchell all kids too and have been regulars on the bench recently. Jamie Hollywood just crumbled in a heap in the middle of the pitch tonight with nobody near him, hope I'm wrong but looked like one of those that turns out to be a bad knee injury from turning sharply. Regardless of how the season finishes out, Fenn has done wonders with a squad that's been down to the bare bones for a long time now.

With regards the game tonight, 4-1 flattered Galway big time. They were a complete shambles. Hopefully the rumours about the Saudi takeover being off are true and the place goes tits up again. ****ebags. Great performance from Town though. Dylan McGlade has been immense this season. I'd love to hold onto him for next year but I can't see it happening. Every week he's just getting better and better. The poor Galway right full this evening won't sleep for a week I'd say. He got roasted all night.

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    It’s a great away day from years ago when the train didn’t cost a fortune, pub beside the ground outside the station

On tonight I would have thought we would have had more

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well that's annoying. Terrible game and Bohs scored just when we looked like we were stepping it up (nice foul from Ward on Lopes to set it up) but looked clueless once we went behind. Can't imagine there'll be too many people showing up next season if Bradley is still in charge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    That will be a very interesting game in sligo on Monday. Expect dundalk to get the points though.

Pats for us could be a tricky one on Sunday after Thursday.
    Sligo have to worst home record in the league. Dundalk will win comfortably.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    It’s a great away day from years ago when the train didn’t cost a fortune, pub beside the ground outside the station

On tonight I would have thought we would have had more
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    I am bit surprised that some don't see the attraction of Bray for visiting fans. Great location for a ground, especially with being able to get to it by train. Would Dundalk fans be able to get back home by train, or is service ended by the time they get back to Connolly Station?
    Painful to watch the Galway "performance" at Terryland tonight, Longford way much better team.
    The point i'm making is that Dundalk fans travel in numbers to certain grounds but not others.Bray and Shels(in years gone by) Bohs always done well from us.Big numbers.Others,not so much so.

And you're 100% right there about the cost of the train dundalkfc10.Used to be the handiest way of getting to bray but these days you may forget about it!
    Last edited by ToberonaTornado; 18/08/2018 at 5:35 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Rovers need to do a Rangers and get in someone who has the charisma, kudos whatever to sell season tickets in the off season because if the current manager is still in charge sales of next seasons tickets will tank. The clubs teams bar the one that drives most of the revenue are doing well on the face of it but the board need to replace the manager now as a matter of urgency.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    If there's one club worse run than Rovers that ye absolutely shouldn't be looking to emulate, it's Rangers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Rovers need to do a Rangers and get in someone who has the charisma, kudos whatever to sell season tickets in the off season because if the current manager is still in charge sales of next seasons tickets will tank. The clubs teams bar the one that drives most of the revenue are doing well on the face of it but the board need to replace the manager now as a matter of urgency.
    I’ve also thought Duffer fancies it eventually. He’d tick a a few of the boxes you mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Granted, but the analogy with what Rangers did in getting in a manager in that inspired hope for the coming season is valid
    Last edited by Kingswood Rover; 18/08/2018 at 7:13 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I’ve also thought Duffer fancies it eventually. He’d tick a a few of the boxes you mentioned.
    He would indeed i think the fact that he is already there may have dulled the edge of that sword. I have no idea who the club could get in Harry Kenny would be a lot of peoples choice. i would love to see Brian Kerr give us a couple of seasons but why would he put himself through that at the time of life he is at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    i would love to see Brian Kerr give us a couple of seasons but why would he put himself through that at the time of life he is at.
    Or perhaps he wouldn't because there's no team in world football he hates more than Shamrock Rovers. Well deserved win by Bohs. As for future manager, he has to be someone who isn't guided by those running the academy.
    False hope is worse than no hope. Ask Sligo.

21. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Sligo have to worst home record in the league. Dundalk will win comfortably.
    Yeah maybe would be better if they were away actually.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Well that's annoying. Terrible game and Bohs scored just when we looked like we were stepping it up (nice foul from Ward on Lopes to set it up) but looked clueless once we went behind. Can't imagine there'll be too many people showing up next season if Bradley is still in charge.
    Not too many Rovers fans showed up last night either. We realise you need us to stay up to get at least two decent crowds per season, but gifting us 10 points out of twelve? Very generous
    Poor Rovers support was hardly surprising if last night was an indication of their calibre and commitment."Overpaid show ponys" is how they were described to me by a Rovers fan.
    Nice touch from the PA at the end to ramp up the volume to drown out the boos from the home fans.All the Bohs fans enjoyed singing along to " build me up Buttercup "anyway

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast