Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: LOI Matches 17-18 August

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    Yes its obvious we should be at least 12- 15 points better if we had a competent goalkeeper for the first 20 matches of the season.
    Our record since that got sorted is 19 points from 24 (2.4 points per match).
    I assume that's what you mean

The manager signed Tomar and Horgan so he has to accept that but the cathostrophic loss of form for both of them was bizarre.
    At a different level it reminds me of Karious at Liverpool or Jim Leighton at Man Utd (for the older posters) both outstanding goalkeepers or they never would have made it to that level but when the head gos with keepers its meltdown.

Hopefully we can sign a couple, get Clarke back and push on.
    Heard a rumour of someone from DFC coming to Rovers at seasons end..............

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Yes its obvious we should be at least 12- 15 points better if we had a competent goalkeeper for the first 20 matches of the season.

The manager signed Tomar and Horgan so he has to accept that but the cathostrophic loss of form for both of them was bizarre.
    At a different level it reminds me of Karious at Liverpool or Jim Leighton at Man Utd (for the older posters) both outstanding goalkeepers or they never would have made it to that level but when the head gos with keepers its meltdown.

Hopefully we can sign a couple, get Clarke back and push on.
    Heard a rumour of someone from DFC coming to Rovers at seasons end..............
    We hear this every year. Wont be any of our better players if its anyone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Its just Peak6 players trying to get a pay increase.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Even if it is, they probably won't be as good for rovers as they were for Dundalk.
    Finn being the perfect case in point. He was brilliant in his last couple of seasons with Dundalk, but playing under a worse manager and with a worse team unable to utilise him fully, he has only been playing at about 70% of his ability since he went to Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    don't agree with you there I think he has been excellent (not often playing where he is best suited) but as you say in a team not performing as well so makes life harder.
    How many goals would Hoban or Cummins score if they were playing up front for Bray?
    The trick is to get in more quality players to share the burden.

Sean Maguire didn't do much at Dundalk, sometimes a switch can help.
    Either way unless it is one of DFC best players then its just a squad player and nothing to get excited about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Kevin Horgan never had any form.

He's dirt. Always was dirt. Very big. But so is a very big pile of dirty washing.

I pick him out because hes a prime example of the bradser strategy ie sign a load of "potential" so you never have to really be accountable. He's been the shamrock manager for the best part of twenty five years now and has achieved the sum total of **** all.

I don't blame the man in the slightest. It's the rovers board who are at fault for allowing themselves into a situation where bradser has them over a barrel contractually.

Because if bradser didn't have the rovers board over a barrell he would be spoofing some ddsl club by now instead of whatever is left of the 200 club.

Better to plod along going nowhere than pull the trigger. There might be some accountability at board level then and shur no one wants that.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Leaving aside the fact that Bradley signed the goalkeepers and then made a bad situation worse by constantly dropping either player, the transfer window opened on 1 July.

Since then Rovers have a respectable 10 points from 5 league games or average of 2.0 per match. However in addition to that they have been knocked out of 3 cup competitions (EL / FAI cup / LSC) losing 3 out 4 games in addition to the 7 goal hammering in a friendly.

In the "new keeper" era Rovers have lost 4 out of 5 home games.

Some progress maybe?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    ah here would you feck off with the friendly, that was a money making exercise for us and as for stats they can often be manipulated to enhance a point, in the new goalkeeping age we are unbeaten away to Dundalk. Or out of the 5 National leagues we are top in 3 of them.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    ah here would you feck off with the friendly, that was a money making exercise for us and as for stats they can often be manipulated to enhance a point, in the new goalkeeping age we are unbeaten away to Dundalk. Or out of the 5 National leagues we are top in 3 of them.
    Yep, you clearly demonstrate the nonsense of this "new keeper era" argument very well.

Back to basic facts so - the gap between Rovers and the top of the table has widened this year over last.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Yep, you clearly demonstrate the nonsense of this "new keeper era" argument very well.

Back to basic facts so - the gap between Rovers and the top of the table has widened this year over last.
    mmm let me see if i can find a stat to disagree, no thats exactly why we need a experienced manager for one of our teams who apparently are not top of the National league they are playing in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    EZ you are a great laugh.
    Predictable but laughable all the same.
    Manipulating stats my ass. 9 league matches 7 wins 1 draw. Throwing in friendlies and lsc games is funny.
    You won the league tonight, how about bringing back the magnanimous EZ we saw for one post there recently

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910