Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kieran O'Hara (G Kilmarnock b.1996)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts

Kieran O'Hara (G Kilmarnock b.1996)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45202595 o hara off to league 2 for season . Barry roche Is there current keeper

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45202595 o hara off to league 2 for season . Barry roche Is there current keeper
    No, Roche is at Morecambe. O'Hara was there on loan before alright but this is to Macclesfield. Surprised he couldn't get a move a league or two up.

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    No, Roche is at Morecambe. O'Hara was there on loan before alright but this is to Macclesfield. Surprised he couldn't get a move a league or two up.
    The dyslexia Is killing me!

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    https://foot.ie/threads/220369-Kieran-O-Hara

Good move for him. Not sure why he's even at Man Utd, they signed another, much older, keeper as additional back-up over the summer.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts

7. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    O'Hara finally let go by Manchester United. I think he's certainly capable of becoming a decent keeper at least at Championship level but a league one move might be a good option at this stage to make sure he continues to play first team football.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    So does he see out the season with Burton Albion, or was that loan finished with first?

Here's the indo on his release: not much other than a little background info on him
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-39315927.html

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Burton's season is finished so he won't be going back there unless they sign him.

Which is a possibility actually, apparently they only have six contracted players as of next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    At 24 years of age, if he'd harbour any hope of playing at the top level, he would want to be looking at a top League One or mid table Championship side.

Burton didn't exactly have a glowing defensive record, only six teams conceded more than them this year.

Something tells me he won't really amount to anything more than a lower league goalkeeper.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    At 24 years of age, if he'd harbour any hope of playing at the top level, he would want to be looking at a top League One or mid table Championship side.

Burton didn't exactly have a glowing defensive record, only six teams conceded more than them this year.

Something tells me he won't really amount to anything more than a lower league goalkeeper.
    How did he play in the games you watched?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1 View Post
    How did he play in the games you watched?
    Amazing, fantastic, superb and also the best looking fella on the pitch.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

14. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    His loan spell at Burton last season has earned him a 2-year contract.

You'd have to assume he'll be number one at his club this season, and there are precious few Irish goalkeepers we can say that about right now...

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/new...er/1109-ohara/

16. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    His loan spell at Burton last season has earned him a 2-year contract.

You'd have to assume he'll be number one at his club this season, and there are precious few Irish goalkeepers we can say that about right now...

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/new...er/1109-ohara/
    Still Young for a Goalkeeper, he could improve a lot yet !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Burton's Manager View Post
    The first day I got the job, I got in touch with Kieran and his agent regarding him coming back, which at first seemed unrealistic.

As things developed, Kieran’s desire to become a Burton Albion player became stronger and stronger and we’re delighted to get our number one target.
    Which translates to - The first day I got the job, I got in touch with Kieran and his agent regarding him coming back, and they said no chance, he'll be moving to a much bigger club than Burton.

But as things developed, Kieran realised that he's not actually as highly rated as he had hoped, nobody better was going to come in for him and he has ended up having to sign with us.

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Sure Hendrick was going to Inter Milan a few weeks ago ! !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Which translates to - The first day I got the job, I got in touch with Kieran and his agent regarding him coming back, and they said no chance, he'll be moving to a much bigger club than Burton.

But as things developed, Kieran realised that he's not actually as highly rated as he had hoped, nobody better was going to come in for him and he has ended up having to sign with us.
    Which translates to - The first day I got the job, I got in touch with Kieran and his agent regarding him coming back, and they said we want £10k per week and we said no chance.

But as things developed, Kieran realised that he wasn’t gonna get as much money as he had hoped, nobody better was going to come in for him and he has ended up having to sign with us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    This cup game vs Aston Villa a chance to show his quality, assuming he gets the start. Imagine it won’t be Villa’s A team but surely a decent test.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Sounds like O'Hara has been having a bit of a nightmare this season form wise. He has already been rotated out of the Burton team on occasion, but now Hasselbaink has brought in another keeper, Dillon Barnes, to compete for the spot, which doesn't suggest he has a huge amount of confidence in O'Hara. Although he was a regular in squads under Mick, I'm not sure he'd even be in our first five keeper picks at this stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    There was mention on the Bazunu thread of a rumour that Hasselbaink may want him on loan next year. That made me curious about O'Hara's status. I found this article from a few weeks ago: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...l-been-5353971
    It says O'Hara was rotated back into the team to be assessed and did well.
    Hasselbaink’s most notable change for the game was to put Kieran O’Hara in goal for the first time. O’Hara was dropped after Hasselbaink watched the 5-1 defeat to Oxford United a day after agreeing to a second spell as Burton manager and Ben Garratt had kept the goalkeeper’s jersey from that point.
    “It was a way for me to look at Kieran for next year,” added Hasselbaink. “Obviously, when I came in I made the change, with Ben. Ben has been absolutely magnificent. At the time, it was a big decision and Kieran has been a bit unlucky in a way. This was a chance for him to show me what he can do and he did really well. He made a really good save at 3-1.”
    I also found this: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...-ahead-5371599
    It says Barnes was injured shortly after arriving on loan, and hasn't played much since. I found a match report from 9th May that said Barnes started their last match of the season (his first start?), so I guess O'Hara hasn't really seized the jersey. At least, if I had a dead rubber game, I'd play my reserve goalkeeper ahead of a loan player to give him the game time, unless he had a minor injury or something.
    It seems like Burton make good use of loan signings, so it'll be telling if they bring in a goalkeeper this summer, be it Bazunu or someone else.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Barnes had a bit of a shocker for the game he came in for, possibly he was picked with an eye on signing him or loaning him back for next season. However he didn't impress so that might be why they're looking at others such as Bazunu now.

Either way it doesn't look great for O'Hara. It's easy to be harsh on lower league keepers because highlights often only show the goals in those games, so you often don't see any good things they do in matches. That said O'Hara did let in a few absolute clangers in the first half of the season when he was in the team, which eventually led to him being dropped. I think he might fall away further to be honest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast