Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ryan Nolan (D Hércules b.1999)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    I wonder has anyone ever transfered from a club in La Liga to one in League 2, doubt it. Guess he needs to be sure he'll get game time at this stage.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    He only ever played a league game for Getafe's second string so moving from the Spanish 4th tier (or 5th where they play now) to League 2 is probably a step up. Though as Northampton's own twitter today said he was one for the future and they might look to arrange a loan I'd say he might not have found a constant run of games yet anyway.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    He only ever played a league game for Getafe's second string so moving from the Spanish 4th tier (or 5th where they play now) to League 2 is probably a step up. Though as Northampton's own twitter today said he was one for the future and they might look to arrange a loan I'd say he might not have found a constant run of games yet anyway.
    He's 22. Do they have a vets team?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1 View Post
    He's 22. Do they have a vets team?
    23 actually, thought the 'one for the future' line was an odd one myself. It more than likely translates as "we think this lad could be good but we don’t want to take the risk of playing him in our first team so we’ll loan him to someone else instead, if he’s any use we'll play him and if not then we’ll get rid". Wouldn’t fill me with confidence if I was Nolan although he'll have belief in his own ability to hopefully do well and progress through the levels in england
    Paaatrick's Agletic

6. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Just has to take what he can get at this point I think. It's basically a four month trial he's on. If Northampton pass at the end of it that will tell it's own story. Wasn't he struggling for game time down in Serie C at the end of his time in Italy? Could see him at Treaty United or somewhere similar before long.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Pretty sure he made the bench on at least one occasion for Getafe, not sure squad member at La Liga to one for the furture (at 23) in League 2 is a step up. He was a free agent since last Summer i think, so this must have been best offer he got. V unlucky with timing of injury, even a handful of La Liga appearances would have given much better options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Here's his baseball card.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Signed for Scottish Championship side Raith Rovers.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Played 90 minutes in a 2-0 loss to Cove Rangers today!

Looking back on the posts, probably a third of them or so are mine 🙈.

It wasn’t until he went on loan in serie C that I finally got to see clips of him, and gradually became less impressed with him, although highlights will generally show centre backs in the worst of lights. I do remember seeing one clip of him clearing the ball towards the end of a game and his technique was pretty poor and he looked like he was about to fall over himself. Alarm bells started ringing at that stage.

Still though, I stand by my assertion that he was still worth a look at during the underage days, casting an eye over potential talent is the very essence of our underage setup! What have you got to lose by bringing him in for a few games to have a closer look….it’s not like the people that kept him out of the squad are current world beaters, is it?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Had a look back through the thread. I never understood the hype with this lad, he was only ever a poor enough player with a good agent at the youth team of a big Italian club, so I feel my fairly consistent cynicism throughout the thread in terms of his Ireland prospects has aged well!

He came through at centre back in an era when we seem to have produced more decent CBs than I can ever remember us producing at one time. The likes of O'Shea, Omobamidele and Collins are miles ahead of him now, Masterson and Scales - the other two who were chosen ahead of him - are on course for better careers too, albeit probably in the lower leagues or SPL.

But Nolan has been with teams in Italy, Spain, England and now Scotland, including Serie C and League 2 teams, and has yet to find a level he is actually good enough to consistently play at. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be not good enough for the Scottish Championship either. Doesn't sound like he got off to a great start yesterday.

Best of luck to him and there's probably book or a newspaper spread in his somewhat alternative career route, but he's never going to be an Ireland player, he's nowhere near good enough unfortunately.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Had a look back through the thread. I never understood the hype with this lad, he was only ever a poor enough player with a good agent at the youth team of a big Italian club, so I feel my fairly consistent cynicism throughout the thread in terms of his Ireland prospects has aged well!

He came through at centre back in an era when we seem to have produced more decent CBs than I can ever remember us producing at one time. The likes of O'Shea, Omobamidele and Collins are miles ahead of him now, Masterson and Scales - the other two who were chosen ahead of him - are on course for better careers too, albeit probably in the lower leagues or SPL.

But Nolan has been with teams in Italy, Spain, England and now Scotland, including Serie C and League 2 teams, and has yet to find a level he is actually good enough to consistently play at. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be not good enough for the Scottish Championship either. Doesn't sound like he got off to a great start yesterday.

Best of luck to him and there's probably book or a newspaper spread in his somewhat alternative career route, but he's never going to be an Ireland player, he's nowhere near good enough unfortunately.

Its probably a lesson for us not to get carried away with the liks of Zefi and Heffernan just because they are at big Italian clubs.

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Its probably a lesson for us not to get carried away with the liks of Zefi and Heffernan just because they are at big Italian clubs.
    Anyone getting "carried away" is probably doing so based on the fact that they have featured for senior teams and have looked good at underage level for Ireland, Zefi particularly. The Italian moves came on the back of these things. It was the other way around for Nolan - he came on the radar because he was Irish and because he was at Inter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Good interview with Nolan in the independent today ahead of their Scottish cup game against Rangers
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-42382000.html
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Leaves Raith Rovers for Spanish Division 4 Group 5 side Hércules.

https://herculesdealicantecf.net/rya...s-blanquiazul/

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Leaves Raith Rovers for Spanish Division 4 Group 5 side Hércules.

https://herculesdealicantecf.net/rya...s-blanquiazul/
    Hércules and a love affair? Doubtful at this stage.

21. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    I hope he's up to the task. There's no doubt it will take a big effort.

23. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    I had to get my Atlas out just to see where he's going.

25. Thanks From:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567