Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Hockey

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    777 Posts

Hockey

I searched all the threads and couldn't find one on hockey, other than ice hockey. Can't admit to being a follower of the game, in fact I always found it boring, but the performance of the Irish women getting to a World Cup Final, while not getting the nation's pulse racing, did get a fair amount of media attention. I didn't see any of the games but did channel surf from cricket Test highlights, GAA, and Championship football (Leeds vs Stoke) to the Hockey Final and saw we were losing 2-0 to the Dutch (it's nearly always them who spoil our parties) and went back to the football. Is that heresy ?
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    841 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    I searched all the threads and couldn't find one on hockey, other than ice hockey. Can't admit to being a follower of the game, in fact I always found it boring, but the performance of the Irish women getting to a World Cup Final, while not getting the nation's pulse racing, did get a fair amount of media attention. I didn't see any of the games but did channel surf from cricket Test highlights, GAA, and Championship football (Leeds vs Stoke) to the Hockey Final and saw we were losing 2-0 to the Dutch (it's nearly always them who spoil our parties) and went back to the football. Is that heresy ?
    I watched the final, first time watching a full hockey match, I was vaguely aware we qualified, then that we had won unexpectedly v someone or other, saw the last of the semi final, and all the final, might as well have been wearing a Mr Bandwagon onsie & baseball hat Owly. Enjoyed the game though, end to end with skill, guess the test will be if I can watch two teams I have no interest in, playing each other, like I can with soccer.