Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Team to face Bray Wanderers

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Team to face Bray Wanderers

Ok Bray have the opposite thread on their site so I thought we should look at this.

Should Adrian Murphy and Anto Murphy start the next game and if so who should replace them on the bench? Do we need to make changes at the back?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    If Robbie Mac's still out for 2/3 weeks, then I can't see any changes from Drogheda. We're not missing anyone apart from him really. Personally, I'd put Kenna into centre-back at Shortall's expense (harsh on him, but Kenna's not a full-back) and bring Newguy in at left-back.

It's a big game though. Obviously we can win - having done so three times out of four last year, and relatively easily too - but now we need to win to boot. Get a win under our belts and we'll start picking up points, especially with games against Waterford and Pat's to come, both eminently beatable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    Ok Bray have the opposite thread on their site so I thought we should look at this.

Should Adrian Murphy and Anto Murphy start the next game and if so who should replace them on the bench? Do we need to make changes at the back?
    How's he done when he's come on for you? I would love to see him do well as he's my neighbour!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Got a 5 in the Star against Shels, though he was only on for the last twenty minutes when we were really on the back foot. Didn't really notice him against Drogheda - again, didn't get much time. Looks like he's going to have to wait for Dupuy or Martin to get injured to get a chance.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    If Robbie Mac's still out for 2/3 weeks, then I can't see any changes from Drogheda. We're not missing anyone apart from him really. Personally, I'd put Kenna into centre-back at Shortall's expense (harsh on him, but Kenna's not a full-back) and bring Newguy in at left-back.

It's a big game though. Obviously we can win - having done so three times out of four last year, and relatively easily too - but now we need to win to boot. Get a win under our belts and we'll start picking up points, especially with games against Waterford and Pat's to come, both eminently beatable.
    The defensive change I would make is Newguy in at right back and switch Mahon across as he played left-back for a few years when Eamon McLoughlin was at the club! But isn't Newguy injured? After all he hasn't even made the bench so far this season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    But isn't Newguy injured? After all he hasn't even made the bench so far this season
    Was on the bench v. Shels, but was ousted by the return of Tony Mac and Anto Murphy against Drogheda.

Pushing Mahon to left back would probably be better actually - didn't think of that.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Team to face Bray

pineapple stu

...... hey that's what I am here for to pass on the knowledge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Sorry but who is newguy? I haven't seen any games so can anyone tell me is Shorthall any use? Where did we go wrong the last game? Bad tactics? Outclassed? Or off day?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Newguy's Brian Gannon.

Brian Shortall has done OK at centre-back, especially for someone just up from the U-21s. Shadowed Glen Crowe well on his debut anyway!

Don't know what happened against Drogheda - woeful performance. No imagination. Just hoofed it up and Drogheda took full advantage. Hopefuly one of those days, or maybe a bit of acclimatisation yet to be done. Would be hoping for much better stuff against Bray!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I fancy us @ 2-0. We have had a great start and to beat you guys and get @ least a draw against drogs we'd be flying. With A win against you's we'd go 6 points clear. Early days yet though.
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.