Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOI matches 3/4 August .

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    hope so, no harm to Limerick. It seems that teams coming up from the first with a head of steam find it hard to keep that going and interest and then the team drops. UCD will probably spend more time in the premier in the next 10 year's than the other current FD teams and the relegated teams from this year combined because they trump player development over success. Not every body has the luxury of that model.
    Doubled-edged sword though. They'll probably lose their captain and a couple of their other best players now because they're finished college.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Have to hand it to cork they keep grinding it out. Dundalks to lose from here but I take my hat off to them for making a fight of it.
    If cork manage to retain the league against the odds maybe we'll have to acknowledge they are quite good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Have to hand it to cork they keep grinding it out. Dundalks to lose from here but I take my hat off to them for making a fight of it.
    If cork manage to retain the league against the odds maybe we'll have to acknowledge they are quite good
    It's dundalks to lose but if ye want to do us a favour and take a point off them, it'l be back in our hands. Nice one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    2 cup matches for Dundalk v Cobh coming up b2b before we're back in league action.
    Will be interesting to see SK's team selections for those matches.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Bohs were impressive yesterday. The less said about Limerick the better.
    Bohs midfield balance is better with Lunney and Buckley. They offer good control, compared to Brennan who's a bit more physical but less quality on the ball.
    Ward is very talented but his choice of pass was dreadful at times. On a brighter note, Bohs have plenty of talented young attackers now in Kelly, Grant and Lyons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Waterford lucky to finish with 11 men Friday
    https://streamable.com/erbrg
    Hunts stamp in particular is very nasty.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Hutchinson one looks more deliberate I think. Hunt is trying to get his balance and the Cork player doesn't look to be hurt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    I thought Hunt knew exactly what he was doing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    I thought Hunt knew exactly what he was doing
    I think you are right. He may have been trying to provoke Beattie into a reaction more than hurt him. When it happened live I noticed Beattie almost go for him and then pull back and laugh at him. Beattie has a short temper so maybe he thought he could get him sent off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Hutchinson barely touched Shepherd so wouldn't even call it a stamp so think ref got that right with the yellow. The Hunt one is one where only he knows if he meant it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Likewise
    It was, and fairly handy in the end, I thought.

Well, another pathetic display from ourselves. Got a one goal lead, grand, but there was an air of inevitably of Sligo getting their goal, and from then it was only a matter of time until they got their second.
    As per previous games, we started alright with lots of pressure and a few chances. Then 20-25 minutes in, the opposition realise that we're only ever going to play it out from the back, with our midfield starting well into our own half. So they apply a bit of pressure on the kick outs, and our plan is dead.
    We're so easy to play against.
    We're obviously a better team than Sligo, and they look a bit panicked when they get hit with quick attacks. Instead of using this against them, we build our attacks slowly, giving them plenty of time to get back and re-organise.

We're playing Sligo again today. Sligo should play exactly like they did on Friday and they'll almost certainly win.

To top it all off, that second Sligo goal broke our record for the most league goals conceded in a season, 52.
    The previous record was the 2003 season, in which we survived thanks to a Liam Coyle winner in extra time in the playoff against Harps.
    Oh, and there's still eight games left, so we could easily hit 70.

Time for a change.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    It was, and fairly handy in the end, I thought.

Well, another pathetic display from ourselves. Got a one goal lead, grand, but there was an air of inevitably of Sligo getting their goal, and from then it was only a matter of time until they got their second.
    As per previous games, we started alright with lots of pressure and a few chances. Then 20-25 minutes in, the opposition realise that we're only ever going to play it out from the back, with our midfield starting well into our own half. So they apply a bit of pressure on the kick outs, and our plan is dead.
    We're so easy to play against.
    We're obviously a better team than Sligo, and they look a bit panicked when they get hit with quick attacks. Instead of using this against them, we build our attacks slowly, giving them plenty of time to get back and re-organise.

We're playing Sligo again today. Sligo should play exactly like they did on Friday and they'll almost certainly win.

To top it all off, that second Sligo goal broke our record for the most league goals conceded in a season, 52.
    The previous record was the 2003 season, in which we survived thanks to a Liam Coyle winner in extra time in the playoff against Harps.
    Oh, and there's still eight games left, so we could easily hit 70.

Time for a change.
    thats what I am beginning to think too. I think Kenny Shields is losing the plot way too much.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12