Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Astro Turf Pitch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Astro Turf Pitch

Any body know what’s the story with the astro-turf pitch. How will it be before it’s finished?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not sure how long it will be before its finished but all i know is that it is
    ment to be "well advanced",(nearing completion).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is a very sore point with me. Work on this project commenced well over one year ago now, yet it still is not complete. We have listened to various reasons each in their own right acceptable but collectively a load of crap. I think we as supporters deserve better than to be treated like mushrooms. The people that head up this project are surely answerable to someone. Why are there no updates as to how the project is progressing or in this case why there is no progress.
    Look over the land at Dundalk Football Club. They made a decision during the close season that they would convert their playing surface to all-weather and within weeks the work began and now is almost ready. That in my opinion is progress.
    Surely someone from our own club must know the status of our project and surely they must know there's a need to keep the supporters informed.
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

crowd of moaners

they have to wait for the surface to be made from spec sent from spain(where there is a huge back order which hardly can be rovers fault or can it)and ,why do people on this site never stop giving out. whats next the surface wont be green enough or something.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shedhead
    they have to wait for the surface to be made from spec sent from spain(where there is a huge back order which hardly can be rovers fault or can it)and ,why do people on this site never stop giving out. whats next the surface wont be green enough or something.
    Shedhead variety is the spice of life. If everyone had the same opinion imagine how boring the world would be. The world is made up with many types of people, colours differ, languages differ, culture differs and opinions differ. Something we all have in common is the gift of free will. Not all the time things will go our way; that’s a fact of life. When things don’t go in our favour it leaves us with a choice; do I take it on the chin or do I have a good moan. Because people differ so then does the manner in which they react to situations. Some people never complain even when the need arises. Others will always avail of the opportunity to make their feelings/grievances known. The category you fall under is I expect the former one. Me, I fall under the latter. When it comes to Rovers if there’s something I don’t agree with I like to talk about it, you’d probably call this complaining. Regarding the all weather surface you seem to be well informed, count yourself lucky. I for one don’t have any inside information on what’s happening in this regard so am I expecting too much of the club if they were to keep me informed. I don’t think so, if we were then there would be no need for someone like me to give out in the first place. So you see Shedhead the reason someone likes me “gives out” is because I expect to be kept up to date with events associated with the club I support. I don’t think I’m asking for too much. If no one showed interest then we’d have no club, surely you agree?
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

ill agree to disagree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rovers Fans United

Why do ye bother to bitch about things which are relatively insignificant. In the end we all support the same team and so we all want to see Rovers doing well. Its just we differ in opinions but were still all Rovers fans so just put the differences aside and if you want to have a heated argument go p**s off the Galway or Harps fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    [QUOTE=Petmuller
    Look over the land at Dundalk Football Club. They made a decision during the close season that they would convert their playing surface to all-weather and within weeks the work began and now is almost ready. That in my opinion is progress.[/QUOTE]

There's an article in yesterdays paper, I think its Ireland on Sunday about the state of the Dundalk all weather pitch. They are in real trouble with their ground. Work has stopped completly on the half million project.They have to raise 150K before work starts up again. It looks like it could be end of May at the earliest before the ground opens up. And as far as gaining much needed revenue, there is an abundance of all weather pitch's in the Dundalk area. It could be a milestone around the neck of that club.
    We may be progressing slowly, but we are progressing.

Here is the article on the link:
    http://www.carlsbergaddict.com/orielweb/iosarticle.jpg
    Last edited by Redzer; 28/03/2005 at 10:52 AM.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.