Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What could/should the FAI do for the league?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Except for the fact that by using known figures you can get that Rovers aren't losing money so unless the books, that I'd put money on nobody here having seen, show otherwise it isn't a fairly obvious reality"
    You realise that Rovers annual accounts are available to look at each year? They've shown massive losses the past few years.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    You realise that Rovers annual accounts are available to look at each year? They've shown massive losses the past few years.
    Course he didnt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    I really love how everyone knows our finances, its really great to have so much of this site in the know when it comes to Rovers finances
    Perhaps they simply look at Companies registration office records ? Or are you suggesting shams submitted false accounts ? in your own time.....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Except for the fact that by using known figures you can get that Rovers aren't losing money so unless the books, that I'd put money on nobody here having seen, show otherwise it isn't a fairly obvious reality".

I really don't want to derail this thread into a typical us v them money ball nonsense thread but I'm staggered at the figures you are quoting RE your kit deals which was the point I made on this thread originally. For what it's worth rathfarnham hoop I accept the reasons why that idea is a non runner.
    However I cannot believe the figures you are quoting. It seems you think you can throw 200k in from pepper into your budget to go towards your yearly turnover.
    How many years was that deal signed for 3,4,5 as its hard to believe pepper money give 200k PA to SRFC.
    Likewise with new balance . I'm sure it's top end ,money wise for LOI standards and that's brilliant but if you think it's 200k per year to sell Max 2/3 thousand jersies and they hand it over every year we'll someone at your club is smoking something.
    Great deals don't get me wrong but you can really only break it down as per the yearly value.
    That's the business of football.
    Transfer fees rarely get paid in one installment either so it's something to be mindful of when talking up a clubs income.
    And back to my point earlier it's clear it would be a non runner as you couldn't expect bigger clubs to forgo the good deals they have negotiated .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    The FAI have released a statement proposing a €300k hardship fund for league clubs unable to pay their players. Oddly they’re proposing that the PFAI/Siptu put in €150k but the FAI have only “contacted” them and they haven’t actually agreed to it yet. I’d have thought it might be better to wait until they have agreed to it but maybe it’s a tactic to make the PFAI look bad if they don’t agree.
    I can understand the logic behind the idea but lack of detail makes it impossible to evaluate. is it just carte blanche to clubs to 'over commit' knowing this fund will pick up the slack ? Will it beach UEFA rules (especially for teams in Europe) if wages are subsidized ? Bearing in mind some clubs are 'serial offenders' (bray and limerick currently) will there be a limit to the amount/ number of times a club can avail of this fund ? Will using this fund automatically terminate contracts or can players carry on playing for clubs while wages are paid/part paid by the fund ?
    ....but most importantly WHERE WILL THE MONEY COME FROM ?

Lots of questions (and that's off the top of my head). I hope somebody has thought this through and its not just 'doing something to be seen doing something'. Immediate reaction of the PFAI to the proposal is not good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbohs View Post
    Except for the fact that by using known figures you can get that Rovers aren't losing money so unless the books, that I'd put money on nobody here having seen, show otherwise it isn't a fairly obvious reality".

I really don't want to derail this thread into a typical us v them money ball nonsense thread but I'm staggered at the figures you are quoting RE your kit deals which was the point I made on this thread originally. For what it's worth rathfarnham hoop I accept the reasons why that idea is a non runner.
    However I cannot believe the figures you are quoting. It seems you think you can throw 200k in from pepper into your budget to go towards your yearly turnover.
    How many years was that deal signed for 3,4,5 as its hard to believe pepper money give 200k PA to SRFC.
    Likewise with new balance . I'm sure it's top end ,money wise for LOI standards and that's brilliant but if you think it's 200k per year to sell Max 2/3 thousand jersies and they hand it over every year we'll someone at your club is smoking something.
    Great deals don't get me wrong but you can really only break it down as per the yearly value.
    Transfer fees rarely get paid in one installment either so it's something to be mindful of when talking up a clubs income.
    And back to my point earlier it's clear it would be a non runner as you couldn't expect bigger clubs to forgo the good deals they have negotiated .
    No point in talking figures to the shams as apparently they rather believe their own bull**** than CRO figures that are in the public domain.
    Your concept of central contracting does have merit an that are areas where it could be explored - advertising, I.T. (websites etc) possibly things like insurance or even purchases of supplies/stock.It might be of wider use if we were starting from a 'green field site' situation but we are clearly not and clubs would be loathe to give up any 'advantage' they currently enjoy.
    Unfortunately it would take the near death of LOI before such radical thinking would be embraced.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I do and theyre all behind a pay wall no?

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbohs View Post

https://shamrockrovers.ie/2017/02/05...et-pagination/

Replied to wrong one

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    "Up to 400,000" over 2 years. I hope none of that is dependent on actually winning something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I do and theyre all behind a pay wall no?
    Credit and debit cards must have reached Rathfarnham by now, no?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Credit and debit cards must have reached Rathfarnham by now, no?
    I know you're a special case due to your great interest in all things shamrock rovers but I'm not interested enough in other clubs finances to pay to see them and I can't see why anyone would be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Jeez lads would everyone relax it's been well known That the members of the club voted to borrow money from Ray Wilson and run at a loss while investing in the academy. The sale of Gavin bazunu is the first kid from the academy (assuming it happens) will be the first benefit financially from the academy investment but there will be more to come as well as many for our first team. The losses as FACT but they were planned and there is a big difference between that and the likes of bray / limerick or others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    They've been showing huge losses in their accounts since well before the roadstone academy facilities were opened.

I don't choose to pay for these accounts, but there's plenty of journalists who did and covered it well enough this past few years.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Roadstone was a continuation of what had started elsewhere already but that tends to be forgotten. In the overall scheme of things plan is fine. We aren't in the dundalk scale of riches not even cork probably but there is great potential in the groundwork that has been done. Little point in discussing here though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I know you're a special case due to your great interest in all things shamrock rovers but I'm not interested enough in other clubs finances to pay to see them and I can't see why anyone would be
    So is your wager offer still valid?

Maybe I could bet you the modest CRO website costs?

that I'd put money on nobody here having seen, show otherwise it isn't a fairly obvious reality"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Jeez lads would everyone relax it's been well known That the members of the club voted to borrow money from Ray Wilson and run at a loss while investing in the academy. .
    Little point in discussing here though
    Translation - please don't start that embarrassing discussion about Rovers finances again.

Fair enough!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Lol you've arrived in time to prove my point.
    Start the music and the bear dances. The members are happy if you aren't that just makes it better

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Jeez lads would everyone relax it's been well known That the members of the club voted to borrow money from Ray Wilson and run at a loss while investing in the academy. The sale of Gavin bazunu is the first kid from the academy (assuming it happens) will be the first benefit financially from the academy investment but there will be more to come as well as many for our first team. The losses as FACT but they were planned and there is a big difference between that and the likes of bray / limerick or others.
    the boy is a human being and not a commodity.

Bray & Limerick have cashflow issues. The money coming in is not matching what is going out. and without a sugar daddy it is very difficult to stop the cycle
    Rovers have a sugar daddy who is plugging their hole. But a day may soon come where he says enough is enough
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Seems like the FAI didn't bother consulting the PFAI about their proposal either.
    What a shower they are

https://www.balls.ie/football/pfai-f...delaney-393605
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    the boy is a human being and not a commodity.

Bray & Limerick have cashflow issues. The money coming in is not matching what is going out. and without a sugar daddy it is very difficult to stop the cycle
    Rovers have a sugar daddy who is plugging their hole. But a day may soon come where he says enough is enough
    I think the club have made it very clear the boy is not a commodity paying for him to do his leaving in a private college and saying they want him to stay for at least another year.
    On the sugar daddy but Ray Wilson and his father before him have been involved in the club for 50 years I don't see that changing anytime soon.

25. Thanks From:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast