Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langerdan007 View Post
    Is there a hard date whereby the season can not go beyond? Someone mentioned further up about not being able to go into June
    Well I presume registration must expire at some stage, that we have to reregister every year.

Wheter that is June 30st or July 31st I am not sure. Has the league ever gone to July in recent years?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Abbey are the only club with a part to play in this. The league requires refs and a committee to operate. Remove Abbey and put the other clubs and members first, as they’re the only ones completely innocent in this mess. It’s not rocket science or an attack on Abbey, it’s common sense.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffo View Post
    Abbey are the only club with a part to play in this. The league requires refs and a committee to operate. Remove Abbey and put the other clubs and members first, as they’re the only ones completely innocent in this mess. It’s not rocket science or an attack on Abbey, it’s common sense.
    I couldn’t agree more.Surely they must be gone by the weekend.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    The league are a laughing stock. Everyone of the league committee members should step down for the following season. Once again embarassing from the league. From now on,if theres no oscar traynor team entered for the league, do what the city league done and put the league champions as our squad. Look at janesboro. They won this years oscar traynor because the city didnt have a team either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Janesboro would probably beat a combined Desmond tean 8 nil.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You sound like a man that would make a good committe member if the league folds fanaticfan.....they've only giving up there time like others voluntarily over the years to try and run a league as best they can and to be fair have done an excellent job...
    I've been following the abbeyfeale story now with great interest and I wonder how many clubs would be willing to throw there entire youth team under the bus for the sake of a ref who we all know can be a bit of a Walter mitty and has been down this route a few years back.By all accounts if a league deal with suspensions and fines which I'm sure they did referees need to except this.. As for your opinion on Oscars trainer team you would go well to find anyone other then Broadford rathkeale or abbeyfeale who can compete with the likes of janesboro.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hello every 1

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Well at least the league would be presented by the league champions. Better than having no team entered in the oscar traynor imo. Imo it would be better to get rid of the abbeyfeale youths them than not finishing the season at all. The league and all clubs are suffering because of it all.

Hello limkref

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well fanatticFan

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rumour mill in full swing again from hearing over the weekend that the league issued abbey with a proposal to get the league finished but abbey rejected it. Gazza you might be able to fill us in a bit more. What right have abbey rejecting anything at this stage

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    What was the proposal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Why are lge coming out with a proposal , why don't they just grow a pair and make a definitive action , and abbey either agrees or is thrown out.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Referees proposed 2 things:
    1: Two linesmen to assist referee at Abbeyfeale games.
    2: Suspend the 14 names on the card from the youths match in which the incident occurred. ( I think just until the end of the season, but I'm open to correction)
    Number 2 was as an alternative to publicly naming the alleged real perpetrators involved I believe.

League refused both proposals.

League counter proposed that a member of the league committee be present at all Abbeyfeale matches as an overseer of sorts.

Referees rejected this.

That's my understanding of what happened.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post
    Referees proposed 2 things:
    1: Two linesmen to assist referee at Abbeyfeale games.
    2: Suspend the 14 names on the card from the youths match in which the incident occurred. ( I think just until the end of the season, but I'm open to correction)
    Number 2 was as an alternative to publicly naming the alleged real perpetrators involved I believe.

League counter proposed that a member of the league committee be present at all Abbeyfeale matches as an overseer of sorts.

Referees rejected this.

That's my understanding of what happened.
    I don’t think by law you can name the individuals if they are u18

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post

Laughable

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I honestly think a new management committee is needed at this stage. May as well forget about this season now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Maybe a proposal from clubs to throw out the current committee, it's obvious they are not impartial .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Said it before the league committee are a joke and need to grow a pair. Fair play to the committee for ruining the league for everyone else. 👍

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Got from Facebook this morning

Colleagues.
    As you are aware mediation talks were held last week but despite almost 5 hours of talks no resolution was forthcoming. This is frustrating as our branch does not want to hurt the innocent clubs and players in our league who are now drawn into this dispute. In order to resume the season we have offered to operate as a trio for all the remaining fixtures of the club (has worked in other leagues) or will return as normal if the names on the match card from the night of the assault are stood down for the remainder of the season or until the guilty party is brought forward. These have been rejected by the MC who want us to return with a club committee member and a league committee member at all games to ensure our members safety. In a final gesture of goodwill the assaulted referee has waived his right to take any legal action against the guilty party and is happy to have him dealt with by the football authorities only. We stand steadfast beside our colleague who suffered this assault and are aware that it could have happened to any one of us.
    As the mediator is working on this case in the background we will not comment further other than bring you this update.

I.S.R.S Limerick West

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This season is gone lads... no resolution this week ?? Teams will be depleted after this weekend with holidays & most importantly the innocent players just sick of waiting around from week to week ?? Are clubs still training ? I hope not ... As I said before the death of the Desmond League... city teams must be laughing thinking of players going in to them...Murphy , Smith in Abbey ... Ahern in rathkeale... Brosnan in Broadford & many more... Farewell

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast