Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    The solution probably lies somewhere in the middle. Having 8 games played by the first week of September brings its own problems too. Long stretches for some clubs with no games at all. Playing a round or two of games on neutral Astro pitches in the winter could be one answer. Even if they were 8pm midweek fixtures players would rather have games than training.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    Maybe they requested a free weekend 2 weeks ago? Would the fixture for that GA game be fixed 2 weeks ago which would have allowed one of the teams to book a free weekend? A club can request a free weekend for what ever reason they want as long as they give notice as far as I know?

I see the league has decided to skip the 3rd round of fixtures as per master list that was on weekly observer. Why is this? Is it something to do with teams playing football on Sunday? Abbey we’re suppose to play Glin but now playing Kildimo. Rathkeale were suppose to be playing Broadford but now playing Ballingarry?
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Abbey and Kildimo game now gets changed from the Sunday as Kildimo would be willing to change for Abbey more so than Glin as they’re big rivals.
    Could be a good reason for it but just seems strange they would skip the 3rd round of fixtures.
    Re the fixtures this weekend, it’s my understanding that the first 2 and last 2 fixtures are set in stone and have to be played in that sequence. Therefore I would have expected the fixtures Secretary to fall into line with the dates on the master fixture list in round 3 which is exactly what he has done this weekend, I would have been shocked if he played the fixtures scheduled on the master list for the 9th this weekend.
    Re having to give 3 weeks notice for a free Sunday, surely u don’t need to know who you are playing to identify in advance if u need a free Sunday, it’s there to avoid weddings, stags etc etc. All these things are booked well in advance so can’t see the issue

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I can't see how the league have such a problem with organising fixtures in advance. I said this last year. We found out 5 days before the season started who was playing who. Why could they not set these fixtures 2 weeks beforehand. Then a week later have gameweek 2 and so on. That way you know who your next 2 games are against.

I have no problem with teams needing to give 3 weeks notice for a weekend off, but why not just release the fixtures? It really frustrates me as a neutral fan that sometimes I only have 3-4 days notice of what games are on.

Re: the start of the season. I think Rathkeale and Abbeyfeale will run away with it again. I know its too early to write off NCW but even with the 2 teams combined they don't have the quality of the other 2 but I think they are a step above most other teams. Themselves and Ballingarry for 3rd and 4th. Their B team might have a say in winning Division 1 though. I think Killeaney and Kildimo will go down and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kildimo fail to win a game all season. Granagh to just about survive

Division 1 I think the 2 B teams will be in the running for the title (Rathkeale and NCW). Feenagh to finally get relegated along with 1 of Breska/AK/Ballysteen. Hard to know what Shannonside or Athea will bring to the table

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbrown View Post
    I can't see how the league have such a problem with organising fixtures in advance. I said this last year. We found out 5 days before the season started who was playing who. Why could they not set these fixtures 2 weeks beforehand. Then a week later have gameweek 2 and so on. That way you know who your next 2 games are against.

I have no problem with teams needing to give 3 weeks notice for a weekend off, but why not just release the fixtures? It really frustrates me as a neutral fan that sometimes I only have 3-4 days notice of what games are on.

Re: the start of the season. I think Rathkeale and Abbeyfeale will run away with it again. I know its too early to write off NCW but even with the 2 teams combined they don't have the quality of the other 2 but I think they are a step above most other teams. Themselves and Ballingarry for 3rd and 4th. Their B team might have a say in winning Division 1 though. I think Killeaney and Kildimo will go down and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kildimo fail to win a game all season. Granagh to just about survive

Division 1 I think the 2 B teams will be in the running for the title (Rathkeale and NCW). Feenagh to finally get relegated along with 1 of Breska/AK/Ballysteen. Hard to know what Shannonside or Athea will bring to the table
    I honestly have an inkling that NCW Town will win the premier, so what the draw was a little stumbling block but all teams get them. KB to survive for me with Granagh and Kildimo to go down, and I agree with the Kildimo getting no wins.
    Bit of disagreement with div.1 I think Breska will be challenging for promotion rather than relegation, I went to their game against Athea and they had all of the ball but just couldn't put the game to bed, id expect them to beat Shannonside this weekend with Senans having championship the night before. Ballysteen and Shountrade to get relegated
    Div.2 Glantine will 100% win this. too good a team for division 2

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Handy quarter final draw for Abbeyfeale in the Munster Champions Trophy at home to Drinagh Rangers of West Cork.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Predictions for the weekend

I think both abbeyfeale and Rathkeale will come away with the 3 points. Glin and broadford should be a good game. Glin looking to bounce back and broadford scrapped past KB it should be interesting. KB and Granagh to play out a draw

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Premier Division
    Rathkeale V Ballingarry (home)
    Abbeyfeale Utd V Kildimo Utd 1130 (home)
    Glin Rovers V Broadford Utd 1130 (away)
    Killeaney/Bally Rovers V Granagh Utd (home)

Division 1
    AK Utd V Shountrade (draw)
    Feenagh V Rathkeale B (away)
    Breska Rovers V Shannonside (away)
    Athea Utd Newcastle West Town Reserves (away)

Division 2
    Askeaton V Glantine (away)
    Creeves Celtic V Abbeyfeale Utd B (home)
    Glin Rovers B V Killeaney/Bally Rovers Reserves (away)
    Pallaskenry V Rockhill Rovers (home)
    Ballingarry B V St Itas (away)
    Knockaderry V Ferry Rangers (home)
    Newcastle West Town B V Broadford Utd Reserves (draw)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    How do u know if it is handy draw shearer?do u know anything about them or just presuming, I know the league may not be that strong but also Desmond league is weak enough..
    Will be interesting to see how ballingarry do this wknd, by all accounts they were v unlucky against Abbey and took 2 points of a lot of people's favourites last wk,they will surley look for some return when u are throwing big money out on coaches etc..Abbey should have too much for kildimo ,handy win for roadford and kb to bounce back and win easy...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

youths

Weekends Results

Saturday, September 15th

Youths Division 1
    Newcastle West Town v Ballingarry off
    Askeaton 2 Abbeyfeale Utd 2 (played in Abbeyfeale)
    Broadford Utd v Rathkeale, walkover to Broadford Utd

Youths Division 2
    Granagh Utd 0 Breska Rovers 2
    Ferry Rangers 1 Mountcollins 4
    Shannonside 0 St Itas 3
    Carrig Celtic bye

Sunday, September 16th

Premier Division
    Rathkeale 4 Ballingarry 1
    Abbeyfeale Utd 7 Kildimo Utd 0
    Glin Rovers 0 Broadford Utd 1
    Killeaney/Bally Rovers V Granagh Utd off

Division 1
    AK Utd 4 Shountrade 0
    Feenagh 1 Rathkeale B 7
    Breska Rovers 2 Shannonside 1
    Athea Utd 2 Newcastle West Town Reserves 5

Division 2
    Askeaton 1 Glantine 4
    Creeves Celtic 4 Abbeyfeale Utd B 0
    Glin Rovers B v Killeaney/Bally Rovers Reserves off
    Pallaskenry v Rockhill Rovers off
    Ballingarry B 1 St Itas 3
    Knockaderry 1 Ferry Rangers 3
    Newcastle West Town B 1 Broadford Utd Reserves 4
    Last edited by western gale 1; 16/09/2018 at 11:41 PM. Reason: late result

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robotwarsfan View Post
    I honestly have an inkling that NCW Town will win the premier, so what the draw was a little stumbling block but all teams get them. KB to survive for me with Granagh and Kildimo to go down, and I agree with the Kildimo getting no wins.
    Bit of disagreement with div.1 I think Breska will be challenging for promotion rather than relegation, I went to their game against Athea and they had all of the ball but just couldn't put the game to bed, id expect them to beat Shannonside this weekend with Senans having championship the night before. Ballysteen and Shountrade to get relegated
    Div.2 Glantine will 100% win this. too good a team for division 2
    Think bit of a bold statement Glantine 100% win this. 2nd division has a strange layout this season and 3/4 teams including Glantine will fancy winning league.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    What happened at glin an broadford game yest.. heard it was ridiculous scenes down there.. anyone at the game??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    What happened at glin an broadford game yest.. heard it was ridiculous scenes down there.. anyone at the game??
    What happened

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I heard there was war at AK Utd and Shountrade, headbutts and the whole lot.... Anyone confirm, even though I know it for a fact but still if anyone was at it I'd like to hear the story

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Be careful what you post here lads,you are personally responsible for anything you post.You can Private Message each other the details.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was at the Rathkeale v Ballingarry game Sunday morning. Very surprised with ballingarry only bringing there youth team down. Rathkeale were easy winners

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Why would ballingarry only bring a youth team to play Rathkeale. Heard a bit about what happened in AK d same as cruyff. I wonder will Glin and Abbey have thier usual firey game Sunday

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twotouch View Post
    I wonder will Glin and Abbey have thier usual firey game Sunday
    In fairness, the bit of handbags that were reported from Broadford/Glin and AK/Shountrade don't happen all too often so you'd turn a blind eye to it when it does occur.
    I think firey games like that of Glin/Abbey and Glin/KB (provided it doesn't end in a bloodbath!) are what really add to the league and are the fixtures I'm sure many like myself will look for on the Master List.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd be exactly the same. Good to see a bit of needle in games, controlled and nothing over the top but it adds to the games. A lot of players are nearly too friendly these days they're all friends off the field and take it a bit too easy on one another if you ask me!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Wont be an easy weekend for those glin lads if they lose football play off to Athea on Saturday and to abbey in the soccer Sunday , god help the poor refs in both games listening to the glin lads non stop moaning.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Ya could be exciting game alrite, I see pat king is ref and to be fair to him he is strong enough to deal with glins moaning.. I heard the 2 sh***an brothers were ridiculous last sun but the ref left it go all day and led to a couple of bad bust ups..

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast