Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Last word...
    I have participated in and supported the Desmond league for a long time and never thought things could deteriorate so badly so quickly. There was always a healthy relationship between the management of the league and the referees and that looks like it has broken down completely. Hopefully some good people can start mending bridges and football is restored to the League. Unfortunately some honest dedicated people will walk away when all this is settled and that will be a huge loss to football. People that know the truth and remain silent...shame on you. Here's hoping that the culprits are named and punished severely for their cowardly assault. On a separate issue how do the schoolboy league have to pay so much for using clounreask when they are the people training coaching and bringing forward future generations of youth and junior players. There should be a nominal charge to cover cutting the grass lining the field etc for the groundsmen who by the way do a fantastic job but the fees are I think excessive. I fear the fallout from "sneezegate " might result in a decline of reports and yellow cards going back to the League and subsequently a loss of revenue then all other levels of funding will need to be looked at.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I don't want to see any competition not completed, but personally it would be particularly upsetting if the Desmond Cup wasn't wrapped up.
    People will argue for the Premier Division League title but for me the Desmond Cup is the holy grail as is reflected by the brilliant coverage the final gets in the Observer every year (hat tip to Frank Nelligan and the Observer).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Thinking way ahead here and probably prematurely. But if this season is called off and an agreement is made in the summer. Are we looking at an 11 team premier? Kildimo down as they are gone anyway with ak and adare up.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Desmond League Statement on the leader website:

The Limerick Desmond Football League are actively pursuing avenues of solving the dispute with the Limerick brance of the ISRS and will not be commenting further until such avenues are fully explored. The Management Committee of the Limerick Desmond Football League”

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post

The Limerick Desmond Football League are actively pursuing avenues of solving the dispute with the Limerick brance of the ISRS and will not be commenting further until such avenues are fully explored. The Management Committee of the Limerick Desmond Football League”
    T'would fill you with confidence

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langerdan007 View Post
    T'would fill you with confidence
    Just wondering am i right in saying league has to be finished end of June as per rules.
    With cups still to be played and all teams having to play last two fixtures together the clock is really ticking.
    The fact the league have said they wont comment until they exchaust all avenues, i think it is now down to the refs to lay down there demands, and if they are willing to work with current commitee or not. I have no issue with commitee and feel sorry for the servants of the league but if the ref wont play ball something has to give.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In Fariness toKildimo, they were promoted by default as the NCW merger meant they didn't go up as league winners.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westernflow View Post
    In Fariness toKildimo, they were promoted by default as the NCW merger meant they didn't go up as league winners.
    Agree and they will probably go back up next season. They are that type of team

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    That happened months ago. Stack by all accounts playing well, will be in an Oscar Traynor final shortly.
    Fair play to Shane Stack who started for their 1-0 win against the Kilkenny District League in the final.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post

They don't even know what branch of the ISRS they are dealing with so how is this going to get solved

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    No games again this weekend unless a miraculous breakthrough is made in the next 24 hours before the Observer comes out.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Anyone know if there is any meetings ongoing? are the two of them even in contact?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hopefully it gets sorted soon

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    From what I know of, there has been zero communication between the league committee and the referees. Iv also heard that three or 4 of the refs will not work with the current management committee going forward.
    Complete deadlock.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any update re meeting last night

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Nothing from meeting last night so I’m afraid that’s it for the season...an absolute disgrace & shocking treatment of players & managers of respective clubs who have trained since last July... clubs that were going to be promoted & cup semis/finals all gone !!! The death of the Desmond league as we know it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond18 View Post
    Nothing from meeting last night so I’m afraid that’s it for the season...an absolute disgrace & shocking treatment of players & managers of respective clubs who have trained since last July... clubs that were going to be promoted & cup semis/finals all gone !!! The death of the Desmond league as we know it.
    Are we expecting anything official, Does anyone know if clubs are being kept in the loop on this? I have heard nothing from my club.

You would think if we don't get a round of fixtures in by Friday 31st to finish will be a struggle.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What a mess. The league have done nothing to restore our season. What happened to exploring all avenues to find a resolution??We lose our season for what, a thug who abbey and League protect. I am sickened for all clubs, their hard work will go unrewarded. I assume the league will hide away again, no communication with clubs, no statement, nothing. How long do we as clubs stay patient/frustrated. I can't see a completion of this season at this stage. I have said it before and I'll say it again, it's in the clubs hands now if we want our season to end. We have done nothing for long enough. We now Need to band together and call an EGM to sort out our season cause obviously the league we put in place can't or won't. They are happy to see it slip away. Alarmingly, They seem to have no problem threatening the commencement of next season either. We have all paid fees to the league for what? An incomplete season, all Cup competitions reneged on. We know what the league are good at, doing nothing. They have been doing that for nearly 10 weeks now. Are we going to do the same and let it all our hard work be in vain?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond18 View Post
    Is there a hard date whereby the season can not go beyond? Someone mentioned further up about not being able to go into June

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Another club meeting Monday. Surely it’s make or break time for the season?

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast