Glin Rovers (Desmond)
    Killeaney/Bally Rovers (Desmond)
    Rathkeale Fc (Desmond)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Anyone at the Ballingarry game? Sounded like a tight affair according to the Castleisland match report.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Some good results for the Desmond sides in the fai. Hopefully some will get handy draws in the 4th round and make it out to the open draw. NCW will be kicking themselves after yesterday's defeat. Went 2 down at halftime and came back to 2 all to force extra time. I didn't see what happened for the winner but few people were saying that a ncw player booted the ball from the back and it hit the match official and newmarket scored from it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Great draw for the 4 Desmond teams getting the 4 out of 6 home draws

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    Great draw for the 4 Desmond teams getting the 4 out of 6 home draws
    And avoided probably the two best teams of the 12, Newmarket and Killarney Celtic. Incredible luck.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    A couple of interesting games the wknd, Abbey at home in Munster cup at 2 and Newcastle and broadford in morn, I agree about decent draw in fai but how many of them teams will progress in open draw, possibly ratkeale imo..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Handy quarter final draw for Abbeyfeale in the Munster Champions Trophy at home to Drinagh Rangers of West Cork.
    Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    How do u know if it is handy draw shearer?do u know anything about them or just presuming, I know the league may not be that strong but also Desmond league is weak enough..
    Abbeyfeale United 2-0 Drinagh Rangers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Looking to get a flag designed /produced for my club. Any recommendations?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    You were correct shearer, heard it was one way traffic in that game... just heard there is no fixtures this week with a ruling from fai not to put on games due to fai senior final in the Aviva...does any one else think this is absolutely ridiculous,weather is good, pitches in great shape and no game, if your club request a free weekend it's impossible to get but blanket call off for this.. crazy stuff

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    You were correct shearer, heard it was one way traffic in that game... just heard there is no fixtures this week with a ruling from fai not to put on games due to fai senior final in the Aviva...does any one else think this is absolutely ridiculous,weather is good, pitches in great shape and no game, if your club request a free weekend it's impossible to get but blanket call off for this.. crazy stuff
    I think it's a great idea by the FAI to ensure that the FAI Cup Final is the showcase game of the day as it should be, putting more eyes from adults on the game and getting more kids into the grounds through the scheme they've run with schoolboy clubs for the final.
    Personally, I foresaw some uproar from those with little interest in Senior football, and it's understandable when you're not from Cork or Dundalk, but it is the right move.

It's not ideal with trying to keep on tracks with fixtures, but I don't think this would be much of an issue if there weren't so few games played at this stage of the season. The league missed a trick by not starting earlier and putting in midweek games, then they were further hampered by the registration error cancelling the first round of games. Had they started a week earlier than the initial date (where it was called off) and put in midweek games for the first few rounds there'd be no stopping them. That, plus Wednesday night league cup games in Clounreask like the District League have done in an inferior surface in Jackman Park and you'd be pretty good provided there's no monsoon rain.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Madness to me aswell ... who from Limerick will go to it ?? We wouldn’t go into limerick to watch them never mind up to Dublin ... anyway anyone at Broadford v NCW yesterday ??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond18 View Post
    Madness to me aswell ... who from Limerick will go to it ?? We wouldn’t go into limerick to watch them never mind up to Dublin ... anyway anyone at Broadford v NCW yesterday ??
    I wasn’t at it but heard there is a lot of player unrest in NCW after some of the substitutions made during the game

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond18 View Post
    We're bringing our underage up to it, 54 seater bus full. Games are moved for All Ireland finals and ridiculously they were also moved before for an eggchasing game, yet people have a problem with a free Sunday for the biggest game in the Irish soccer calender? Ridiculous. If you couldn't even be bothered to go into Limerick for a game you're not really interested in the sport are you.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    It's a joke of a decision to call all the games of in the country for an fai senior cup final that 99% of the country wont have interest. The league are Miles behind and as someone said earlier about the good weather and pitches in great nick.

Great result for Abbey and Broadford. Why is there alot of player unrest gazza?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    It's a joke of a decision to call all the games of in the country for an fai senior cup final that 99% of the country wont have interest. The league are Miles behind and as someone said earlier about the good weather and pitches in great nick.

Great result for Abbey and Broadford. Why is there alot of player unrest gazza?
    To be honest I didn’t get the full story so I’m not sure, but what I did hear was that some players that were playing well we’re angry at been taken off and that some of the players that were left on couldn’t understand the substitution at a time when they needed goals

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No I'd have to agree think it's a bit much calling all games off for the senior final this weekend. If a club have an interest or have people going then fair enough but I'd be confident in saying most clubs won't have much interest of watching it on tv or going to it. Even if they did it's on at half 3, why not just have half 11 games on the day.

I doubt there's a blanket call off of games when the fa cup final is on across the water! I know id rather my club be playing this weekend anyway.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twouptop View Post
    I doubt there's a blanket call off of games when the fa cup final is on across the water! I know id rather my club be playing this weekend anyway.
    Because people in England will watch their domestic game regardless, which is more than can be said for here.

Anyway, we could be here for the day. The games are off and aren't coming back, so make the most out of a bad situation and watch the FAI Cup Final on Sunday whether in person or on TV.
    Plenty of talent on offer: Patrick Hoban has 29 league goals and should be in the Ireland squad, Michael Duffy is an incredible player to the stage that Martin O'Neill has gotten him to change from the North. That's just to name two

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We will hardly solve that national issue here lads, so we might as well stick to the local game. On a serious note, is it not becoming a little alarming the way the top 4 seem to have pulled away from the rest quality wise, with some big beatings already being handed out so early in the season

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    We're bringing our underage up to it, 54 seater bus full. Games are moved for All Ireland finals and ridiculously they were also moved before for an eggchasing game, yet people have a problem with a free Sunday for the biggest game in the Irish soccer calender? Ridiculous. If you couldn't even be bothered to go into Limerick for a game you're not really interested in the sport are you.
    People all over the country have interest in all Ireland’s hurling & football... I know most people in Desmond league wouldn’t even watch it on tv as they’d rather watch gaa in Irish !!! And FYI I love junior soccer in Munster

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast