Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ya why not? I assume the same old stories would crop up to avoid this but this would ensure teams have adequate games during the winter and avoid congestion in the spring which we are heading towards again.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    That was a great result for ballingarry v glin last wk..would like to see a good solid club like bgarry survive.. things must not be going too good in glin again, I heard there was a big fall out with management and players..one thing glin always had was there togetherness,but lately they seem to be pushovers. Another bad result and a win for granagh and bgarry would see them in the mix for the drop with kildimo.. any fixtures on st Patrick's wknd??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    No chance of Glin getting relegated. Not happening.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Granagh will be getting 3 pts from Kildimo game

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    You never know, when your sucked in an team morale is low it's easy happen with a bad run of results..if ballingarry put 5 past glin what will ratkeale beat them by..ratkeale flying it an will win league with the way ther going.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    All games are off tomorrow

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    fine day for games... most pitches playable I would imagine ... Desmond league heading for a late finish as per usual ... some things never change

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I knew there'd be 1. I've been a critic of how the league have operated at the best of times, but how can you complain here? Last week there was a weather warning, the city league called off the games early and lads complained that Desmond league didn't follow suit and pitches would get ruined. This week there's a weather warning and games are called off and surprise surprise the Desmond league are wrong for not knowing it would be a nice day.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Sensible callb by ldlf. U will never please everyone..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbrown View Post
    I knew there'd be 1. I've been a critic of how the league have operated at the best of times, but how can you complain here? Last week there was a weather warning, the city league called off the games early and lads complained that Desmond league didn't follow suit and pitches would get ruined. This week there's a weather warning and games are called off and surprise surprise the Desmond league are wrong for not knowing it would be a nice day.
    Agreed, they can't win on that one, in fairness a yellow weather warning is a coin toss, they often overestimate but then last Sunday we got snow all of a sudden and matches get abandoned.

They can only work with the information they have at a given time, and in fairness they took a chance on it last week so they decided to play it safe this week.

Sometimes you'll look good in hindsight and sometimes you won't....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone hear what went on back in Abbey Tuesday night. Broadford vs Abbey in youth game. Supposedly trouble after the game where the ref was spat on and attacked. He rang the guards???

Crazy stuff if true, you never hear of this out here?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    Anyone hear what went on back in Abbey Tuesday night. Broadford vs Abbey in youth game. Supposedly trouble after the game where the ref was spat on and attacked. He rang the guards???

Crazy stuff if true, you never hear of this out here?
    Need to be careful what's said here, but let's just say I wouldn't contradict you with the exception of the last bit, there was an in person visit to the local station I'm told...
    Going to be serious ramifications for Abbeyfeale if what I'm being told is true

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    And rightly so, this kind of ****e just isn't acceptable. There have been a number of incidents involving refs this season. FAI need to come down hard on those involved in this cowardly stuff.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hi all. Does anyone know the league's plan in relation to summer soccer. I know that the schoolboys are starting this year but how do they plan to implement this into senior soccer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
    Hi all. Does anyone know the league's plan in relation to summer soccer. I know that the schoolboys are starting this year but how do they plan to implement this into senior soccer.
    I suppose it'd have to go to a vote first (not trying to be smart with you), which there was rumblings of at last year's AGM.
    With regard to actually implementing it, you'd play a short season which the schoolboy league (and the League of Ireland in 2002/03) have done.
    I know Mayo play Summer League and I think that it'll be here, and everywhere else, sooner rather than later whether by the league's own decision or by the FAI forcing it across the board.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I suppose it'd have to go to a vote first (not trying to be smart with you), which there was rumblings of at last year's AGM.
    With regard to actually implementing it, you'd play a short season which the schoolboy league (and the League of Ireland in 2002/03) have done.
    I know Mayo play Summer League and I think that it'll be here, and everywhere else, sooner rather than later whether by the league's own decision or by the FAI forcing it across the board.
    I’ve heard a few times of different people that the FAI want calendar season for every junior league by 2021, not 100% if true, highly unlikely

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It was brought up by Ballysteen and was rejected by around 9 votes earlier this season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robotwarsfan View Post
    I’ve heard a few times of different people that the FAI want calendar season for every junior league by 2021, not 100% if true, highly unlikely
    Yes it's true, all leagues in the ROI has to play summer soccer by 21, we have being playing SS since 95, best thing we ever did, but leagues management has a duty as well. The ML insisted on proper pitches, dressing rooms and a perimeter fence around all pitches

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Dressing rooms? Some teams haven't bought goals since 95, not to mind try to secure dressing rooms.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rugby will be the big winner at schoolboy level in the coming years . Next week is seeing the first clashes with a lot of midweek soccer games up against GAA . It might be manageable to play 2 sports if the clubs work together but those who play soccer , football and hurling are only going to get injuries and could do long term damage . Not sure where 3 codes are fairly strong , rathkeale , broadford , kildimo , Adare perhaps .
    Newcastle should have enough to field soccer only players .

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast