Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Heard an u16 manager got a text to say no more fixtures for the time being. Waiting to hear if this is an all out “strike”

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Full on strike from the Refs no more games going ahead until it’s either resolved or the league is finished.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Abbey need to be kicked out of the league its as simple as that either that or else they have linesmen at their matches & all other clubs sign off on it to say they all agree (thus allowing no future objections) & they pay for the linemen..one clubs actions through its failure to control their players are effecting a vast number of other clubs, if this isn't sorted there won't be a Desmond league left in the not too distance future. The league sticking by Abbey in all of this is shocking & embarrassing. A referee was assaulted. How it hasn't made the Local & national media is mind boggling.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    League and refs not bugging here, only solution is for Abbey do the sensible thing and walk away or else remove them. Although finishing their season, they put the greater good of every other club above this dispute. Otherwise this could be the ruination of the league for years to come.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    1pm and still no official word about whether tomorrow fixtures go ahead or not.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    1pm and still no official word about whether tomorrow fixtures go ahead or not.
    Sure it’s the Desmond league... would expect nothing else 😡😡 players always suffer the most

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Lads,it's not a free for all here so watch what you post.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    A motion of no confidence, would u cop yourself on, the FAI and the referees association have both told them to go back. The refs are 100% wrong, no debate
    Refs 100% wrong? Bit of a bold statement. Do you know as a matter of fact there was only one individual involved?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I also find it a bit unfair to say refs are 100% wrong. As far as they are concerned one of their members was attacked and spat on by two players. One player was punished (who says it wasn’t him since) and the other has not been identified. From their point of view a player who spat on a referee is still playing. From that perspective they are right.
    Personally I don’t see why the entire league needs to suffer because of one team. If they stood down abbey for the rest of the season it would be a better alternative. It may even suddenly identify this second player. (If there is one

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    All matches off. Refs on strike

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Couldn’t agree more

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi all, a colleague of mine told me about this site. I've been reading the thread with the last week. I'm a retired player and would like to express a few views that I have.
    Firstly at the start of the thread people were complaining about the quality of the league? How is this issue going to be solved when you have this ongoing issue with refs/league/Abbeyfeale. Interest is going to deteriate dramatically.
    Secondly, I don't agree with people saying dump all Abbeyfeale teams out. Punish the team in question which I gather was the youths team?
    Does the player in question play with the B's or A's? I think that is vital. If not, leave them at it. I presume an A team contending for trophies trains twice a week and match the weekend. From August to May that'd accumulate 160 hours MINIMUM. I've been involved in trophy winning teams if someone suggested that my team were to be 'thrown out' for something we didn't do I would be fuming as all this dedication and hard work was all for nothing.
    Thirdly and finally, maybe the refs are right maybe their wrong, is the referee in question alright? If so everybody should just get up and forget about this issue and enjoy those wonderful evenings in clonreask.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man View Post
    Lads,it's not a free for all here so watch what you post.
    True - didn't see much out of the way in the comments that appear to be removed now

By the sounds of DesmondLad there's a name and conspiracy floating around - either way, whoever's version is the right one - the current situation is farcical
    if there is no games on this week it'll be into June (if at all before leagues finish) - you've lads going on holidays, interest waning with no games, young lads with exams, fellas going away supping cider on a sunny championship sunday
    there'll be a raft of walkovers / agreed results and the league plunges further into mayhem

Is there any further meetings called for this week?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just wondering if the League now offered to put linesmen on abbey games would it help get the season finished. Somebody said that that would set a precedent but it wouldn't because I seem to remember back years ago there were linesmen on a premier game between Shanagolden and Rathkeale when they were going for the Premier league.
    At least that way there would be some games played which is 100% better than the current situation where no games will get played

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soreloser View Post
    Just wondering if the League now offered to put linesmen on abbey games would it help get the season finished. Somebody said that that would set a precedent but it wouldn't because I seem to remember back years ago there were linesmen on a premier game between Shanagolden and Rathkeale when they were going for the Premier league.
    At least that way there would be some games played which is 100% better than the current situation where no games will get played
    Id definitely agree with that, people need to come together now and sort this mess out

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    They get linesmen for the big league games in town the whole time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There should be linesmen at all games

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennycon View Post
    There should be linesmen at all games
    Here in the ML in the top divison, the super leage their is always 3 officials for the 5 games each week.The idea of having 3 offiicials for Abbey games would be a good one and if the cost for the clubs involved was high then the league could pay the 2 extra officiaals

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any update from the league is there meetings due to take place this week?
    Does anybody see them changing there tune and putting the pressure back on abbey.
    As someone said above how are national media not on this, even local media this is an actual story that needs to come out for it to be sorted, compared to some of the drivel they usually have.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There is barely enough refs to go around. The idea that there should he enough refs for 3 at a game is a pipe dream.

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast