Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Newcastle West Town's B team are called the Reserves and their C team is called the B team.
    The mind boggles, I don't think any players' feelings would be hurt by saying their on a C team - see Aisling Annacotty E for example.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Strange alright but calling your B team, reserves, seems to be en vogue in the DL in recent seasons. Rockhill Rovers seem to be back as well although fixture down as provisional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Jesus the season start has fairly crept up on me...
    Personally I don't think Newcastle West town will have enough for 3 teams that B/C team will struggle.

If Rathkeale have lost a few lads; looks like Abbey will be the team to beat with Broadford there abouts too I reckon.
    Has the money dried up in Ballingarry? or have they recruited more cutely this season?
    Not sure what to make of NCW Town either... an amalgamation will surely take a season at least to gel?

Tie of the weekend will be KB Utd & Broadford - nice start for Ray Lynch!
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTY! What a hit son... what a hit!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyfootball View Post
    Jesus the season start has fairly crept up on me...
    Personally I don't think Newcastle West town will have enough for 3 teams that B/C team will struggle.

If Rathkeale have lost a few lads; looks like Abbey will be the team to beat with Broadford there abouts too I reckon.
    Has the money dried up in Ballingarry? or have they recruited more cutely this season?
    Not sure what to make of NCW Town either... an amalgamation will surely take a season at least to gel?

Tie of the weekend will be KB Utd & Broadford - nice start for Ray Lynch!
    I don't think Broadford have recruited well enough to recover from a poor season and be in the conversation for the league this season.
    It'll be between Abbeyfeale and Newcastle I feel. Newcastle have a great squad and a great manager by all accounts, AJ O'Connor signing for Fairview just today will be a blow as he's easily one of the best players in the league but it's in his best interests to go into town.
    Hopefully I'm wrong on Broadford and the same for Rathkeale who everyone, myself included, have disregarded for this season. The league was so, so poor last year and having a few teams having a realistix chance of winning it will make it worthwhile again.

Good to see the league got rid of Division Three. While its only down as provisional, I was taken aback to see Rockhill in the fixtures. Hopefully they wont bring walkovers back with them. There were murmurings about Old Mill but they obviously didn't come to fruition.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ray Lynch has been a no show at kb utd hear the 2nd division rockhill not sure if they have a team nor ncw and 1 or 2 other clubs meant to be struggling for numbers. Word is few premier games night be moved from Sunday due to gaa games going ahead. Set up for 2nd division seems like a mess from the league as well possible only 12/10 teams will have teams if this is case home and away full season if more there is going to be a split once all teams have played once with teams from 9th down not having anymore games in league and teams 1 to 8 playing each other once more, what's thoughts on that?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Abbey will have enough to win the league this year not that it’s the best abbey team ever but the standard is gone so far back in the league . NCW are by far the biggest threat . Delegates seem to be delighted going head to head with GAA but the best players are still chosing GAA so the coming month or two will see funny results .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Just heard all Junior games are off this weekend as a lot of clubs haven't got players registered on new database ! Crazy **** if its true

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    What a joke, the real #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld.

Teams in Limerick will have 4-5 games played by Sunday week.
    Last edited by Shearer; 23/08/2018 at 7:51 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Must be to allow for an extra few days to celebrate the hurlers victory....!
    In all seriousness what a shambles as dunphy would say. What sort of gob****es are running that league at all.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    What a joke, the real #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld.

Teams in Limerick will have 4-5 games played by Sunday week.
    Will u seriously give it a break, I haven’t seen you at 1 Desmond premier match EVER never mind a game in Limerick. Yet u always have an “opinion”. How you are getting that opinion nobody knows

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldn’t really write off Rathkeale, I don’t really think they have lost anyone other than the footballers that might not play until it’s over but should have them all back by November?

Abbey getting the two Murphy’s from Athea is huge on top of what they had last year, he hard to look past them winning it again with Rathkeale and Broadford not far behind !!

Kildimo and Granagh to go down for me

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    Will u seriously give it a break, I haven’t seen you at 1 Desmond premier match EVER never mind a game in Limerick. Yet u always have an “opinion”. How you are getting that opinion nobody knows
    Good to see you're keeping an eye out for me, must be going to the wrong games.
    I got to 6-8 games in Limerick and one or two out here, probably could've gone to more towards the end but I chose not to. If you want to PM me I'll let you know why I don't make as many games as I'd like, you can also tell me why you seem to have something against me. I await your message.

Somehow deleted this twice already so this is my third effort.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Good to see you're keeping an eye out for me, must be going to the wrong games.
    I got to 6-8 games in Limerick and one or two out here, probably could've gone to more towards the end but I chose not to. If you want to PM me I'll let you know why I don't make as many games as I'd like, you can also tell me why you seem to have something against me. I await your message.

Somehow deleted this twice already so this is my third effort.
    So u go to 2 games out of 90 (not even 3%) and u are constantly whining about the standard. Tell us, how do u know the standard is bad
    From what I see we had
    Munster Champions Cup chanmpions and Munster Junior semi finalists just over a season ago, that doesn’t seem too bad to me. If you don’t like the brand that’s fine, but don’t be talking crap about it until you are in a position to comment
    Then yesterday, you had another pop at the league over registration, from what I can gather, this appears to be an FAI issue
    As for ur info on teams, Broadford not recruiting and Rathkeale disregarding the season, O my God, I won’t even start on that. As Dunphy would say, he is a spoofer Bill. The only club ur not cutting at the moment is NCW, but Shur your brother is involved there so that explains that

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well said

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    So u go to 2 games out of 90 (not even 3%) and u are constantly whining about the standard. Tell us, how do u know the standard is bad
    From what I see we had
    Munster Champions Cup chanmpions and Munster Junior semi finalists just over a season ago, that doesn’t seem too bad to me. If you don’t like the brand that’s fine, but don’t be talking crap about it until you are in a position to comment
    Then yesterday, you had another pop at the league over registration, from what I can gather, this appears to be an FAI issue
    As for ur info on teams, Broadford not recruiting and Rathkeale disregarding the season, O my God, I won’t even start on that. As Dunphy would say, he is a spoofer Bill. The only club ur not cutting at the moment is NCW, but Shur your brother is involved there so that explains that
    Even if I'd been to no games, results alone tell of the drop in standard. Of the few games I've been to it seems that I have the same opinion as others.
    Both of those were the season before last and while they are fine accomplishments (I've done nothing but praise Abbey for it), one, or in this case two, swallows do not make a Summer because the rest of the league is lagging behind. The reason the better clubs don't achieve more than they have outside of the league is because of this, as the number of games that can go either way is far less than that of the Limerick District League (finances are also a big thing there).

I never said Rathkeale were disregarding the season, I said that people had written them off and I would see where they're coming from. I also said Broadford, in my opinion, hadn't recruited overly well. Not that they hadn't recruited at all as you are try to get across. I also said that I hoped I was wrong and that I hoped these sides would fight for the title. It's not as if I'm saying 'The league is no good, why bother', it's actually the opposite whereby I want the league to improve and to be of a good standard. I highlighted a few comments back and in my reflection at the end of last season how I felt that might come about.

I think for you to suggest I'm 'cutting' all these clubs is a stretch. As for my brother, he's over the underage, but cheers for making it personal. Last thing I'd do on a forum is start bringing up a poster's family or anything of the sort.

Again I'd like to remind you that there is a Private Message section on my page where you can message me and we can speak like real adults that you've yet to avail of.
    I'm waiting.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Ross Mann gone to Fairview Rangers as well.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Lads,keep the personal stuff out of it,let the football do the talking.

The PM facility is there for personal messages.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Lads to be fair to shearer he does normally make very valid points, I don't think he was havin a go at broadford or any club...I do think it was fai that messed up this new registration (by all accounts) but if that is true u would wonder how the limerick district league got it right, or did they?? Also heard today ray lynch is gone to abbeyfeale which would be good signing for lynch and a club that play good football most of time, any one else confirm that??

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Ross Mann is a busted flush, likes the 'good times'too much..mite be different with better team though so I could be wrong..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Lads go handy: in fairness to Shearer a few seasons ago he was doing weekly previews for the weekends upcoming matches & not just for the Premier... trying somewhat to put some interest in the League - definitely was a loss last season.
    NCW Town A V B & C challenge game took place last night; heard it was 5-1 to the A team, not sure what the teams were though...
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTY! What a hit son... what a hit!

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast