Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hearing that Breska are looking into going into town to play next season.
    I’d imagine all fees should be returned to clubs if the seasons called up. Fines wiped clean etc

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    And that is exactly why people should go into town playing football instead of playing in this league. Aj O Connor won the Lawson Cup with fairview this season. Shane Stack won the league and oscar traynor with janesboro this year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    such a pity to see Desmond league football in such a state , some excellent footballers are produced.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    And that is exactly why people should go into town playing football instead of playing in this league. Aj O Connor won the Lawson Cup with fairview this season. Shane Stack won the league and oscar traynor with janesboro this year.
    There are only 3 really strong teams in the Desmond league at this stage and they are at the top of the premier league .
    Other than those teams a talented committed soccer player is best going to town if he can get on a premier league team .
    Makes sense for breska to go into town , they might pick up a few players who don’t want to be all over west Limerick on a Sunday morning . Ferry rangers be as well off in Kerry too .
    Last edited by Abbeyman; 28/05/2019 at 11:40 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Would it make sense abbeyfeale moving to the Kerry league

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennycon View Post

Exactly KennyCon, it would make perfect sense for Abbey to join the Kerry League too. It would definitely solve clubs current problem, the one Abbey created for us all in the first place.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=twotouch;2003474]Got from Facebook this morning

Colleagues.
    As you are aware mediation talks were held last week but despite almost 5 hours of talks no resolution was forthcoming. This is frustrating as our branch does not want to hurt the innocent clubs and players in our league who are now drawn into this dispute. In order to resume the season we have offered to operate as a trio for all the remaining fixtures of the club (has worked in other leagues) or will return as normal if the names on the match card from the night of the assault are stood down for the remainder of the season or until the guilty party is brought forward. These have been rejected by the MC who want us to return with a club committee member and a league committee member at all games to ensure our members safety. In a final gesture of goodwill the assaulted referee has waived his right to take any legal action against the guilty party and is happy to have him dealt with by the football authorities only. We stand steadfast beside our colleague who suffered this assault and are aware that it could have happened to any one of us.
    As the mediator is working on this case in the background we will not comment further other than bring you this update.

I.S.R.S Limerick West[/QUOTE
    Fair play to the Refs for keeping their guys updated

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennycon View Post
    Spot on, problem solved.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So what time is this meeting tomorrow night? Is there any hope of white smoke prior to meeting. A long night instore for all in atendance no doubt..the good is gone out of the league for this year regardless.
    An awful pity, even if we go back to playing now clubs will struggle with j1s , exams and the likes.
    I wonder would clubs agree to promotion / relegation on current positions and just finish out the cup competitions. Cant see agreement but just a sugestion.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by runinglate View Post
    So what time is this meeting tomorrow night? Is there any hope of white smoke prior to meeting. A long night instore for all in atendance no doubt..the good is gone out of the league for this year regardless.
    An awful pity, even if we go back to playing now clubs will struggle with j1s , exams and the likes.
    I wonder would clubs agree to promotion / relegation on current positions and just finish out the cup competitions. Cant see agreement but just a sugestion.
    No chance of that happening, either way the value and momentum is gone out of the season, some great facilities and efforts with no end product. Govern body should have intervened for disciplinary reasons.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Lads the league is gone. Abbeyfeale and the league committee have ruined it for everyone. Not a hope its gonna be finished. Look at the amount of games left in the divisions and cups to play.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This has been over and back far too long , we are forgetting in all of this that Abbey also might like to have the league finished. Im sure the man in the middle would not have wanted this to get this far either but they needed to make a statement and by god they did. what ever comes out of tomorrow night i hope that 1 man doesnt carry the story of been the man that stopped the lot. lastly i believe there is a well established mediator/referees assessor who can solve the problem but is being ignored from solving all of this?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Don't be surprised if it's suggested by the committee tomorroww night that we'll have a 12 team premier and a 12 team Division 1 next season.
    It would be a way to get around the issue of promotion/relegation and keep a few more clubs from giving the league a hard time.
    Obviously just a hypothetical, but don't be shocked if something along those lines ends up happening or at least the idea being floated to clubs.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone on the supporters of junior soccer page, how can you get on it? i believe an athea man is posting up updates on this and claiming he is a mediator with credentials. surely he would have been the ideal candidiate to sort out this mess. i heard he had several previous pages garda checkpoint Munster and banter pages but was targeted on them as been a crazy keyboard warrior. lets hope there is a league to come back to next year a 12 team premier will be the last topic discussed tomorrow night im sure. will there be refs/ abbey members and league all involved in his meeting.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desmond tutu View Post
    Anyone on the supporters of junior soccer page, how can you get on it? i believe an athea man is posting up updates on this and claiming he is a mediator with credentials. surely he would have been the ideal candidiate to sort out this mess. i heard he had several previous pages garda checkpoint Munster and banter pages but was targeted on them as been a crazy keyboard warrior. lets hope there is a league to come back to next year a 12 team premier will be the last topic discussed tomorrow night im sure. will there be refs/ abbey members and league all involved in his meeting.
    This situation needs a level more this. Just a mediator because there is no neutral fault in this , the club and players are 100% at fault , it needs the clubs and the Desmond league officials to sort it out, if they can’t the Munster branch or the fai.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The Munster council came to a meeting. No joy. The fai have washed their hands of it too. They are in complete disarray themselves.
    Iv seen this referee assessor and his posts. Personally I think he needs to stop. He is making the situation worse if anything. I doubt he speaks on behalf of the west limerick branch of the isrs

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hopefully the trio of referees is proposed tonight and start playing again the weekend. next year clubs should promote the referees course. they get a good wage if they were to ref 7 games a week, 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday and 3 during the week between underage men and ladies they've a good wage. our referees are getting too old to be put in these scenarios. A few men in there 70s taking cheek from youngsters for 50 euro is not right either. i spoke with a referee briefly last Saturday in carrig and he slated the man[shaking his head in disgust] who is behind some of these pages on social media and he stated he had done nothing but mislead peoples opinions from the start. i haven't seen any of his stuff as i dont know how to locate his nonsense but from what he told me he has been posting only to get a responce. the last thing this arguement needed was a man posting up stuff at all hours of the night. pull in the chests all sides leave the stubbornness at home and lets get back playin football.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    this whole situation has gone on too long.i think if the league can abolish rule for 3 officials it should be done to finish season but the only problem I see with this is for the long term future of league it would be a very negative move..the reason been if referees are not happy with next disciplinary matter the league deal with what is to stop them throwing the toys out again..i don't know is there another answer to this, I'm amazed the fai have not come in and taken charge, I do not think this would happen in irfu or even gaa circles... embarrassing by all parties at the minute..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Will it ever be sorted out

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Well, what's the scoop from tonight.