Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    Yes, the referees are a disgrace and should be held to account for the disruption that they have caused. Also fair play to the referees for setting up a number of accounts on foot.ie to tell each other how good they all are. Could anyone confirm, how many games has this referee has called off in 2 years because of alleged assault, I’m being told four
    Serious claims. You're either emotionally invested or have proof to back this up.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffo View Post
    Serious claims. You're either emotionally invested or have proof to back this up.
    What claims?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    There’s two options on the table as far as I’m concerned now
    Either the management committee pull the plug on the league or abbey are withdrawn from all competitions until further notice.
    Neither is a good option but unfortunately I don’t see any other way to solve this.
    Going by that statement Some of the comments made by one committee member in particular was very unnecessary.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    DesmondLad, can you provide a direct link to where you got this statement because I'm having great difficulty finding it.
    https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...UXo_vXnabwNHxQ

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    There’s two options on the table as far as I’m concerned now
    Either the management committee pull the plug on the league or abbey are withdrawn from all competitions until further notice.
    Neither is a good option but unfortunately I don’t see any other way to solve this.
    Going by that statement Some of the comments made by one committee member in particular was very unnecessary.
    Option 1, pull the plug on the league, train up new refs and, fire all the existing referee’s so we never have to look at them again. Let’s call a spade a spade, we tolerated their poor performances for long enough, bar 3 or 4, their fitness is shocking and they would talk down to u as if they were company directors. Enough is enough, it’s time for the refs to sail on into the sunset, they have enough damage done. But before ye go, be sure to apologise to all the clubs whose 8 months hard work ye have flushed down the toilet

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Your obviously highly involved with abbey Gazza. Some amount of hate there towards the refs which is completely uncalled for. The refs as I said before are completely in d right and hopefully it does get media coverage it deserves. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly now and the ref bashing stops and the truth fully comes out

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What claims?

Your claims that refs are setting up fake accounts. Your comments on this topic have been rash to say the least.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
    1. It’s easy to see when an account was set up so why don’t you call out all the pages that are set up by refs.
    2. You’re being “told four” so this is a claim by someone else which you don’t have proof of.
    3. It’s not an alleged assault as the club sent a letter of apology to the ref(eventually after 6 weeks).
    How do you think it’s acceptable for a ref to be assaulted and the perpetrators not get punished. Is it possible you’ve a vested interest?
    Where did I say it was acceptable for the ref to be assaulted, have 2 bans not been handed out, one of which signed a statement to the league claiming responsibility for both offences.
    Can u say yes or no to the above statement
    Finally, can u confirm how many games this ref has abandoned in the last four years and the reasons for same

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Your claims that refs are setting up fake accounts. Your comments on this topic have been rash to say the least.
    Again, what claims specifically

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Again, what claims specifically
    Again, your claims that the refs set up fake accounts.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Again, your claims that the refs set up fake accounts.
    1)Two accounts at least setup since the incident, 2) these accounts have done nothing but support the “refs”
    3) the statement released on a newly created fb page was released here at the same time
    Yeah u are right, ye aren’t refs.
    Mail each other privately now and tell each other about how good a job ye did at some u8 match this evening

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    People entitled to have their say Gazza not just from abbey. Everyone I’ve spoken to have fully backed d refs (I’m not a ref) and all off d opinion abbey r in d wrong and was not handled correctly. Just on a side note there is no refs for u8 but there might have to be back in abbey though

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Where did I say it was acceptable for the ref to be assaulted, have 2 bans not been handed out, one of which signed a statement to the league claiming responsibility for both offences.
    Can u say yes or no to the above statement
    Finally, can u confirm how many games this ref has abandoned in the last four years and the reasons for same
    If you read my message I never stated that you said it was acceptable for a ref to be assaulted. I asked you how is it acceptable for a ref to be assaulted due to your persistence that the refs are 100% wrong.
    No one ban has been handed out to someone who has subsequently denied it.
    No I can’t confirm that as, like you, I don’t know how many.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotouch View Post
    People entitled to have their say Gazza not just from abbey. Everyone I’ve spoken to have fully backed d refs (I’m not a ref) and all off d opinion abbey r in d wrong and was not handled correctly. Just on a side note there is no refs for u8 but there might have to be back in abbey though
    There is only 1 place where support counts, and that’s in a meeting, and it was pretty clear at the meeting last Wednesday night who had all the support

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    1)Two accounts at least setup since the incident, 2) these accounts have done nothing but support the “refs”
    3) the statement released on a newly created fb page was released here at the same time
    Yeah u are right, ye aren’t refs.
    Mail each other privately now and tell each other about how good a job ye did at some u8 match this evening
    Griffo’s account set up in 2018.
    Twotouch’s account set up in 2013.
    My account set up in Feb 2019.
    Unless we are also fortune tellers don’t see any of us being refs.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The meeting where from what I heard the refs were dragged through d rubbish. From people who I know were at d meeting there was support for abbey like always when the have some1 backing them at d top table that’s going to be d case abbey are the love child of d league and Jesus god forbid anything happens them. Strange that the player in question was not called in front of d committee and ban just given. Think about d clubs about to be promoted to premier and division 1. As was said previously if it was any other team they would be gone by now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Let's try and keep things civil by the way lads, last thing we want is Desmond League discussion being stopped entirely.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    To be honest, they weren’t dragged through the rubbish half enough, but yes that’s the meeting where the people that matter, the clubs showed who they support. Did yere clubs not listen to ye, oops I forgot, yere club the “ref club” were too busy drafting a Mickey Mouse statement, it probably took ye the week
    This thread will be closed soon with the level of unnecessary vitriol being fired.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The fact he thinks that I’m a referee is laughable to be honest.
    Most people have made very good and fair points. He just seems to be trolling at this stage. Defend your club fair enough. But some of the accusations being thrown out are crazy

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its clear Gazza is too emotionally invested in this to have a discussion with. As stated my account set up in 2018, I am clearly not a ref. Not all clubs went against the refs in the meeting, Creeves, AK and Rathkeale called for compromise and hearing the refs side of story.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast