Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmondLad View Post
    Seriously, the refs must cop themselves on?? I have been reading posts regarding this issue for weeks now, and people are still missing the most important point. A referee, a person was assaulted, punched and spat on and you expect the referees to send their members back out again when the proper punishment hasn't been sanctioned by the league for the incident, all because its Abbeyfeale. The leagues interpretation of the referees report was that both the spit and punch were carried out by the same person, and so the player got a year for each, a total of 2 yrs suspension. From what I hear the refs clarified that there were 2 separate individuals involved. This was put back to Abbey who insist that they had a players meeting and no one else was involved. So the league have taken the clubs word over that of the ref. If this was another club they would be told to hand over the other culprit or else face suspension from the league. Abbey are holding the league to ransom to protect an individual capable of doing this, and yet we still blame the referees??
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    And how do you explain the fact that an individual has admitted to the league that he was responsible for both offences and he has been rightly punished for them
    Well for one if the Ref knows for a fact that more than one person attacked him. He is right to dig his heels in as then he knows this person is taking the hit for another. If he clearly knows he was hit by someone and spit on by another he knows this person is lying.
    Also if the reports are true that this individual denied involvement to the guards then it shows that some sort of cover up is going on.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
    Well for one if the Ref knows for a fact that more than one person attacked him. He is right to dig his heels in as then he knows this person is taking the hit for another. If he clearly knows he was hit by someone and spit on by another he knows this person is lying.
    Also if the reports are true that this individual denied involvement to the guards then it shows that some sort of cover up is going on.
    But shur how does he know “for a fact”. He never saw him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I heard the other day that abbey are protecting the other person as he is a player with there junior team, imo abbey should be banned and rest of the lge continue.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    But shur how does he know “for a fact”. He never saw him
    Ya he may not have seen his face/ exact details but he may know it came from a different person.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Abbeyfeale games off this weekend

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Newcastle West Town's last game - April 21.
    Kildimo United's last game - April 21.
    Abbeyfeale United A's last game - March 3.
    Abbeyfeale United B's last game - February 17.
    Abbeyfeale United Youths' last game - March 19.

It's going to be a long time before Kildimo, who are pretty much relegated, play their next league game and they'll be expected to keep players interested and training for nothing fixtures and will be slapped on the wrist for not fulfilling the fixture if it comes to it.
    Newcastle West Town are suffering too but not as bad, they're just getting rode by the fact that they're being fixtured against Abbeyfeale every single week with no backup fixture for when it falls through.

I'm fully convinced that the league will not be finished at all, at all.
    Last edited by Shearer; 09/05/2019 at 11:34 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Just deduct Abbeyfeale points in both junior teams and youths or give the 3 points to the teams they have left to play and get on with the rest of the league. This situation has ruined this years league for everyone

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Just deduct Abbeyfeale points in both junior teams and youths or give the 3 points to the teams they have left to play and get on with the rest of the league. This situation has ruined this years league for everyone
    That won’t solve it either. The refs won’t officiate Abbey game because this “second person” hasn’t been given up meaning he could be still playing with their youths or juniors! By deducting Abbey points it doesn’t give the refs what they want.

Was talking to a lad at work who was at the meeting Wednesday night and it was the league telling all clubs the story from start to finish and where we are now.
    Incident happened, Abbey were punished for what was down on the card. There is a communication issue where the league interpret that there is no mention of two players on the card and refs believe there is (card was read out on Wednesday night and there’s is no clear mention of 2 players - from what I’m told). The fai , Munster council and ref association have all met with the league and the refs and they (including the refs association) believe that the issue has been dealt with and all that can be is done and the refs should go back reffing as normal. The refs are still not happy because they feel this second person is still not dealt with and can continue playing on.

It’s an absolute nightmare situation for everyone. The 3 officials cannot be done as there is a rule or something stating on Desmond cup semi finals and finals have 3 officials - the league said it leaves them open to objections from other teams if three officials are used for some games and not others and also the money issue I’m sure if a big factor on that one too.

EGM possibly be called for next week and the lad I work with said the league were happy if the clubs voted to go on strike themselves. I would be of the same opinion of Shearer that the league won’t be finished this season. I’m sure most clubs just want the season to finish but I do feel very sorry for clubs who are in title contention and promotions.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just wondering why the refs are feeling so strongly about all this, Could it be that they are right, there has been several assaults on refs down through the years and they always got on with it once the issue had been dealt with by the league so has anyone wondered whats different here,Just maybe its the club that are the issue, hearing rumours that the fella that was suspended by the league after abbey gave his name has now said he only ever called the ref a "F******* C***" but never Punched or Spat at him. Also hearing on the grapevine that there may be legal action coming down the tracks, If thats true then club and the league committee which includes a member from the same club might be made to look anything but clean in all this. Also heard that at the meeting one club suggested letting the refs ref their games next sunday and then refuse to pay them when it was over, if thats true it just goes to show how childish the people are that are sent as delegates to these meetings.
    Were the clubs told the whole truth at the meeting or a version made to make the refs look bad.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    this is gone awful messy..from talking to club delegates what was v clear is support for referees actions is almost non existant.. as iv always said no referee/official shud never be assaulted in sport..I do not believe the club are hiding a second player as why would they, I just believe they cannot get name if there is one or not, no one really knows..as for legal side of it, if young lad changed statement I'm sure that would be on legal advice from a solicitor as we know the way they work..I do not agree about refs not getting paid after reffing a game, we got to respect the job they do which is tough at time..apparently some want to go back reffing so maybe secret ballot vote at there meeting would be best.. it's clear refs have power but it's time to move on and respect all players and managers supporters etc.. if it's gone legal let da guards deal with it and punish through courts if evidence is there to do it and if 2nd name is found I would urge league to 're visit it and deal with it appropriately.. I feel sorry for clubs involved in possibly winning trophies and some for fidmrst uptime possibly.. just all move on and let legal side do der job.. at end of day league committee are amateur as is Abbey committee..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Referees are meeting tonight. Not sure if they are balloting to strike or what’s the craic.
    One thing is for sure they ain’t gonna back down. I have to sadly agree with the consensus that the league will not finish this season.
    If that happens could anyone see a motion of no confidence being submitted against the league committee? Or is this all down to the refs playing hardball

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Refs definitely sticking to there guns on this one, even talks of a few of them just doing underage games going forward.
    As said above league unlikely to finish this season! Disaster for clubs in running for promotion or cups, can you imagine how Broadford team feel after there result last Friday. If this isn’t sorted ( and I can’t see how) it leaves a big question mark over next season aswell.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think we could see a vote of no confidence, I don't know what else the league can do in relation to this.
    How this has not made it into the papers has me baffled it is the only way that the FAI will ensure a decision is met.
    With the last two games having to be played together that will cause the grief and we are nearing that stage now.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by last man back View Post
    Refs definitely sticking to there guns on this one, even talks of a few of them just doing underage games going forward.
    As said above league unlikely to finish this season! Disaster for clubs in running for promotion or cups, can you imagine how Broadford team feel after there result last Friday. If this isn’t sorted ( and I can’t see how) it leaves a big question mark over next season aswell.
    Allegedly it was the Broadford delegate that proposed letting the refs do their games on Sunday and then not paying them at the end, Not the brightest star in the sky if thats true

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    Referees are meeting tonight. Not sure if they are balloting to strike or what’s the craic.
    One thing is for sure they ain’t gonna back down. I have to sadly agree with the consensus that the league will not finish this season.
    If that happens could anyone see a motion of no confidence being submitted against the league committee? Or is this all down to the refs playing hardball
    A motion of no confidence, would u cop yourself on, the FAI and the referees association have both told them to go back. The refs are 100% wrong, no debate

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No they haven't, the referee society (ISRS) have backed their members actions. The way I see it, Abbey should do the decent thing and withdraw from the league at a youths level, for this season and the next if the second culprit isn't handed over. Why would a ref lie about such a thing unless he was 100 per cent sure there were two involved. Again as I have said in the past the League took the clubs word over the refs. How can they continue to ref games in the future with the potential of this happening again and the league not believing what they are told. I know I wouldn't if it was me. We all have heard rumours of who this second fella is, but yet Abbey are in the dark??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmondLad View Post
    No they haven't, the referee society (ISRS) have backed their members actions. The way I see it, Abbey should do the decent thing and withdraw from the league at a youths level, for this season and the next if the second culprit isn't handed over. Why would a ref lie about such a thing unless he was 100 per cent sure there were two involved. Again as I have said in the past the League took the clubs word over the refs. How can they continue to ref games in the future with the potential of this happening again and the league not believing what they are told. I know I wouldn't if it was me. We all have heard rumours of who this second fella is, but yet Abbey are in the dark??
    Finally, we have a break through, DesmondLad knows who the mystery guy is. I presume you are on the way to Desmond League HQ to give up the name. At last we are going to get going again and finish the season and it’s all thanks to this guy

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont know what clubs refusing to play matches is going to achieve bar force the refs to dig in further and ruin this season and potentially next. The committee are basically saying that they will ruin the season for everyone, in a bid to stick by Abbey. Its comical when the same committee have a senior member who is involved with Abbey. Common sense, protect the majority who are totally innocent, stand down Abbey for the remainder of the season and resolve this in the off season. Probably harsh on Abbey but at least we have a league to go back to next season. I am actually shocked Abbey haven't suggested this in a bid to salvage the entire league.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No need for the sarcasm Gazza! Since you seem to know all the ins and outs of this, Im sure you have heard rumours too like us all. All I want to know as does everyone, is why are Abbey willing to jeopardise the league season finishing for a player.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'll say it again, if it was a small club I can guarantee they would be picking up the pieces and looking to next season. This is another PR disaster for the league and I can see the league losing alot of its playing membership in the next few months. I can't see the games in any division being concluded, due to the rule of the final 2 games to be played together, bar div 1. any word on Friday eves games, were they played?

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast