Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Pushing out the date of a meeting to avoid clashing with an English football team's game against a Spanish football team.
    Literally everything that's wrong with football in Ireland, Jesus wept.
    Oh My God, do you think while at the meeting the Desmond League Clubs should ask for a place in next seasons champions league as well. U are very opinionated as usual, from that, can we take it that u have gone to more than 3 games this year

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    Oh My God, do you think while at the meeting the Desmond League Clubs should ask for a place in next seasons champions league as well. U are very opinionated as usual, from that, can we take it that u have gone to more than 3 games this year
    Any games I've been to I've commented on, spend most of my time at League of Ireland games.
    You've attacked me on here several times, if you've a problem I suggest you private message me.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Any games I've been to I've commented on, spend most of my time at League of Ireland games.
    You've attacked me on here several times, if you've a problem I suggest you private message me.
    ”attacked me” give it a break will you. I’m actually just going to ignore all your posts from now on so I won’t upset you. By the way, it was you that replied to my post originally

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Pushing out the date of a meeting to avoid clashing with an English football team's game against a Spanish football team.
    Literally everything that's wrong with football in Ireland, Jesus wept.
    Spot on with this although we can't be certain it's the reason why the meeting isn't on next Tuesday.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    My information is that refs only meeting tonight to vote on their official course of action. League won’t know outcome of that officially until Friday. Bank holiday weekend so earliest meeting date was probably Tuesday but Liverpool playing so Wednesday seems perfect. It’s also my understanding that over the past 2 weeks the FAI and Referees association have told the refs that the punishment for the 2 individuals is acceptable and to go back reffing, however a few of our refereeing heroes see this situation at a glorious opportunity to hog the limelight and hold up the full league. Now, what exactly can the league do in this scenario other than consult the clubs. Surely people aren’t expecting for Abbey to be expelled
    Don' t know the situation, the question is, is their a majority of referees in favour of their dispute if not and enough ref. not in favour put them down for reffing the games left in the league to finish the campaign and try and sort it out in the close seaon.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    hopefully it will be sorted sooner rather than later. I said it at start of whole shambles,no one likes to c refs abused/assaulted but punishment was giving by the league so accept it and move on..if league give in ,will every punishment be questioned by a ref and go start crying to there 3/4 man click at the top..grow a pair and move on please for the sake of every club/player in league..according to one of the mature referees, a few refs had issues with that particular team and management in abbey and this maybe reason for dragging it out.. this meeting will be interesting next wk, heard dey cud not get a venue so noting to do with champs league...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Shearer, have you been to any St Itas game this year? Are they any good?

There is no way Abbey will be thrown out. I feel sorry for Ballingarry youths in all of this, they were beaten in one cup final and are hoping to make amends by getting to another. They've been waiting far too long to play this game. And people wonderwhy team s are struggling for numbers at junior level when this nonsense goes on. I think abbey should be heavily fined, and thrown out of the youths cup as an example.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Should be a cracker tonight.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Is there a possibility Abbeyfeale could withdraw from the Desmond league and join the Kerry league. Castleisland, Tralee and Listowel are all on there doorstep so traveling wouldn’t be much of an issue

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Not the worst idea in the world . The Kerry league top division is a good league . Standard in that division would be higher with 7/8 decent teams .
    Last night a youthful broadford were impressive in their 3-1 cup semi win over rathkeale and district FC .take a good team to beat them if they repeat that .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Abbeyman why the dig at Rathkeale? Have ye not learned a lesson with giving digs back there??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Some result for Broadford, they'll fancy their chances against whoever they play.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbeyman View Post
    Not the worst idea in the world . The Kerry league top division is a good league . Standard in that division would be higher with 7/8 decent teams .
    Last night a youthful broadford were impressive in their 3-1 cup semi win over rathkeale and district FC .take a good team to beat them if they repeat that .
    Rathkeale and District FC, quality...

In all fairness, you wouldn't exactly need to go through the Broadford team with a fine tooth comb to find a share of outsiders.

I wasn't at it but if I had to guess I'd say at least half of the players used last night would have played most if not all of their underage football and probably a lot of junior at other clubs before they ever played for Broadford.

Not that I care, but perspective is important

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post
    Rathkeale and District FC, quality...

In all fairness, you wouldn't exactly need to go through the Broadford team with a fine tooth comb to find a share of outsiders.

I wasn't at it but if I had to guess I'd say at least half of the players used last night would have played most if not all of their underage football and probably a lot of junior at other clubs before they ever played for Broadford.

Not that I care, but perspective is important
    Is there facts to back that up
    10 of the 16 used all played their underage with Broadford
    4 youths played last night
    of the remaining 6, 2 have have been with the club for over 10 years and 2 more for over 5
    Facts are facts

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Enforcer View Post
    Is there facts to back that up
    10 of the 16 used all played their underage with Broadford
    4 youths played last night
    of the remaining 6, 2 have have been with the club for over 10 years and 2 more for over 5
    Facts are facts
    As I specified, I was guessing about 50%, the figures you quoted add up to 37.5%, which I'd say would be fairly comparable with Rathkeale.

Go ahead and sue me for the 12.5% if you like.

Even though one of the youths that more than likely played last night is only there with 18 months but whatever, as I said it makes no odds to me.

My original point was that I'd say Rathkeale haven't many more outsiders playing for them than would be the norm for any of the teams competing for trophies usually.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post
    As I specified, I was guessing about 50%, the figures you quoted add up to 37.5%, which I'd say would be fairly comparable with Rathkeale.

Go ahead and sue me for the 12.5% if you like.

Even though one of the youths that more than likely played last night is only there with 18 months but whatever, as I said it makes no odds to me.

My original point was that I'd say Rathkeale haven't many more outsiders playing for them than would be the norm for any of the teams competing for trophies usually.

..../
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Any update on the meeting last night ? Surely Abbey games go ahead this weekend?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond18 View Post
    Any update on the meeting last night ? Surely Abbey games go ahead this weekend?
    On tonight I think. You'd hope so anyway, there's 6 Abbeyfeale fixtures between May 10-19.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    On tonight I think. You'd hope so anyway, there's 6 Abbeyfeale fixtures between May 10-19.
    The refs & who ever is leading this vendetta must surely for the good of the league cop themselves on !!! Will the league even finish at this stage ? Hopefully its all sorted tonight,

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond18 View Post
    The refs & who ever is leading this vendetta must surely for the good of the league cop themselves on !!! Will the league even finish at this stage ? Hopefully its all sorted tonight,
    The refs are shambolic at this stage, they had a lot of support at the start and rightly so after what happened, however their actions have now interfered with a lot of clubs and players from outside of Abbeyfeale, and anyone that I have talked to in the past number of weeks feels that the season should now be halted, and the referees given their own marching orders for the disruption and inconvenience that they have caused. An individual admitted to both offences, are the referees that stupid that they believe that people admit to criminal offences for the sake of it. It’s ironic that they can be so sure that there is a 2nd player but never actually got a look at the individual. They are the only ones paid, if you get paid for something then you have a job to do, the job is not been done so get rid

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast