Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'm not saying I want them out but if refs won't ref there games how can league move on with cups semi-finals and league last 4 games etc.. from talking to 2 different referees they say they have no issue with going back there but there superiors are on a power trip..I can only imagine them referee meetings with the boss on top of room with the big stick..😂

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Desmond youths cup Semi-Final
    Broadford 2-2 Breska Rovers
    Broadford won 3-2 on penalties.
    Last edited by robotwarsfan; 13/04/2019 at 9:29 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Southern Kid Are you suggesting that the refs should brush this under the table as if nothing happened?. Bring the offenders to justice, kick them out of the game, get the law involved & the relevant punishment for the offenders, fine abbey as a club for failing to control its players & move on.. v easy in my eyes, but if the refs don't get justice then it will continue to happen & may even get worse ala Mullingar

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lat week it was the refs ability and that he had a habit of exaggerating stories, now its the refs bosses being on a power trip. What will it take to be the fault of the members of the club who do these ridiculous things? Its this type of dismissive attitude towards refs that is part of the problem, when they are looked on as the enemy and because of this should not get any sympathy, as its part of their job. I think everyone has heard what went on at this stage and its safe to say the handling of the matter by the people and club involved has not shown them in the best light. On top of this, what was the league doing making the fixture last week when the issue clearly hasn't been resolved? Either a break down in communication or trying to force the refs hands, either way they haven't covered themselves in glory in handling this issue. For the sake of every club involved in the DL they need to get a decision made and resolve this asap.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I'm sure if you were to call down to the Rathkeale House Hotel you'd be told otherwise. I'm sure there are ̶H̶a̶n̶d̶j̶o̶b̶s̶ handshakes all round about how the League and Irish Football in general is great place and you can bet your arse JD has given a few crumbs off the table to sweeten everything even more.
    Now JD is gone who looks after the grassroots of Irish soccer despite his faults.....FAI.....no chance Sports Council of Ireland....not a hope
    Shane Ross.... Ireland only exists inside the Pale........Sometimes you get what you wish for!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    First of all as I said earlier I do not condone any violence or abuse towards any referee, how ever good or bad they are. It's a tough and thankless job.my point was about the lenght of time and the actions of referees to get their own way. What they are doing is holding desmond league to ransom as all of our clubs will soon not be able to proceed if Abbey do not play..I also said I was involved in incident similar with this ref awhile back and I seen first hand how not all facts are revealed..apparently one young 17yr old was giving a very lengthy ban which he totally deserves if guilty and club fined so what more do they want..are they going to do this every time there not happy with a suspension??my guess is they want national media which will not help anyone.. just accept leagues findings and move on.. by all means punish the club/players when refereeing from hear on. Just let the whole league move on..

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire rose View Post
    Now JD is gone who looks after the grassroots of Irish soccer despite his faults.....FAI.....no chance Sports Council of Ireland....not a hope
    Shane Ross.... Ireland only exists inside the Pale........Sometimes you get what you wish for!!

Only stepped aside,he's not gone away you know...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire rose View Post
    I get the sense you also vote for the politician who will tar your road too.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Was Desmond Cup draw made

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    First of all as I said earlier I do not condone any violence or abuse towards any referee, how ever good or bad they are. It's a tough and thankless job.my point was about the lenght of time and the actions of referees to get their own way. What they are doing is holding desmond league to ransom as all of our clubs will soon not be able to proceed if Abbey do not play..I also said I was involved in incident similar with this ref awhile back and I seen first hand how not all facts are revealed..apparently one young 17yr old was giving a very lengthy ban which he totally deserves if guilty and club fined so what more do they want..are they going to do this every time there not happy with a suspension??my guess is they want national media which will not help anyone.. just accept leagues findings and move on.. by all means punish the club/players when refereeing from hear on. Just let the whole league move on..
    Question if the refs. of any league is not happy with the suspensions a league has given to a player or club have they any avenues of appeal say to the provenchial FA or the FAI

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Yes of course they have and I totally agree that they have that right to appeal any decision,same as a player does..but no not these bunch, they make there own laws and hold up whole league of finishing..you would wonder is there a personal agenda from the 2 or 3 refs leading the charge against club involved..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    Yes of course they have and I totally agree that they have that right to appeal any decision,same as a player does..but no not these bunch, they make there own laws and hold up whole league of finishing..you would wonder is there a personal agenda from the 2 or 3 refs leading the charge against club involved..
    Their is bad ref. here in the ML as well, the grade of refs as well., 2 weeks ago our ladies team was playing a league game, we have only 1 ladies group in Mayo, a ref. which is a grade 3 ref. ccould not do the game. But the following day our junior mens team which is in the 3rd level of the ML so the ref. who was not high enough graded for the womens game was graded enough to do the mens game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    Was Desmond Cup draw made
    Broadford Vs Rathkeale
    Abbeyfeale/NCW Town Vs Glin Rovers

To be played May Bank Holiday

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Was talking to a ref earlier this evening who said they are not refusing to ref abbey games and they have asked the league to put linesmen on the games until its sorted.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    the refs are back tracking at a serious rate..the league can not be dictated to by the refs other wise it would be carnage..the league held firm so refs will need to give in and get on with it and I'm sure the whole league, players and supporter will be delighted..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The league held firm on not supporting a ref that was attacked and spat on. Now the refs need to give in and accept this behavior, what could possible go wrong in the future.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Whats the story with this last 4 games of the league having to be played at the same time? is it a rule or a rule of thumb? Shountrade seem to have 3 games in hand on most in Div 1 who only have 3 left to play

With the weather being favorable enough over the winter is the season dragging on a bit? Looking like it'll be closer the end of May before its over

Abbey have 3 games fixed the weekend - has there been white smoke between them and the league?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langerdan007 View Post
    Whats the story with this last 4 games of the league having to be played at the same time? is it a rule or a rule of thumb? Shountrade seem to have 3 games in hand on most in Div 1 who only have 3 left to play

With the weather being favorable enough over the winter is the season dragging on a bit? Looking like it'll be closer the end of May before its over

Abbey have 3 games fixed the weekend - has there been white smoke between them and the league?
    It wont be a problen next season with summer socer coming, normel seaon start hafter Paddy's day and run till Oct.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Round Tower View Post
    It wont be a problen next season with summer socer coming, normel seaon start hafter Paddy's day and run till Oct.
    That a done deal Round Tower? What way does it work - is there no soccer from end of this season to March 2020????

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Glin proposed that the last 4 games were to be played together about 2/3 seasons but before this season it was proposed that only the final two games be played together and it was passed. You can see on website that the last 2 games for every team is posted up on it.

Yeah abbey have three games fixed and I heard rumors that it was sorted by a Desmond league committee member having to be present at all Abbey Youth games but let’s see will the games actually be played as they were fixed 2 weeks ago also but were cancelled the Friday night.

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast