Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    Ya agree about your comment about referee course, def need more and that would allow fixture sec to leave the poorer ones at home as at present his hands are tied. It's only all 2nd hand info but apparently the club identified the players involved and league have dealt with it with suspensions and fines.. my point about the ref in question not being the best was maybe it's blown out of proportion, I know for 100% from a previous report from an incident the whole truth was not told by same ref to league, and again I'm not condoning what happened that time either, like ballotelli said' why always me' comes to mind..
    Jesus Southern Kid that's a bit strong saying you know 100% that the truth was not told in another incident,but if you are 100% sure of it then you should probably provide the evidence to the league and get the record corrected. I remember years ago the Refs threw a fella out because he told lies so I'm sure they would treat any evidence you have very seriously. i'd be just a bit worried that there seems to be loads of info out and about saying that there has been suspensions and fines but still the refs won't go to Abbeyfeale without linesmen, surely if they knew that someone was suspended they would not be staying away, or do you have inside info that the refs have not been told about yet. (just sayin)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    No inside info but they have no game this wknd with 8 teams put playing so u would presume it's down to refs, could be totally wrong and may have free wknd requested. As I said earlier for everyone involved I hope it's sorted soon as we had good year with weather and don't want this to drag on whole league or cup competitions..or else league just remove them from competition and let everyone else move on.. as for the other incident, I'm gone from that club as is most other lads involved at that time...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Feenagh's walkover this morning means they're relegated.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Must have been a cracker in glin. Glin beating Broadford 5-4 in the league cup

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Great result for glin..keeps their season alive, sounds like a cracker..another 3 points for ratkeale to stretch their lead at the top.. can't see them relinquishing that now..interesting week ahead for league committee to get league back on track with all fixtures. Well done to ak on winning the first junior trophy of season last nite..

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    AK United Vs Broadford United
    Abbeyfeale United Vs Newcastle West Town
    Carrig Celtic Vs Rathkeale
    Glin Rovers Vs Askeaton

Any dates for cup draws?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any idea when Friday night games will be introduced?
    There is a stretch there now, would be great to get additional games in soon to wrap things up in May.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Must have been a cracker in glin. Glin beating Broadford 5-4 in the league cup
    Cracker of a game !!!! Lots of mistakes from both teams led to a great spectacle. People on about the incident regarding ref in abbeyfeale a few weeks back should have seen the standard of refereeing in this game... atrocious to say the least !!!! A player will get seriously hurt with this man in charge some day.... I know they have an awful job to do & we wouldn't be able to play or watch without them but mother of god !!!! Has John O'Hara watched this guy ??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond18 View Post
    Cracker of a game !!!! Lots of mistakes from both teams led to a great spectacle. People on about the incident regarding ref in abbeyfeale a few weeks back should have seen the standard of refereeing in this game... atrocious to say the least !!!! A player will get seriously hurt with this man in charge some day.... I know they have an awful job to do & we wouldn't be able
    to play or watch without them but mother of god !!!! Has John O'Hara watched this guy ??
    Who was the ref? Not saying that excuses the behavior. Being angry with a referee and confronting them is a normal reaction but being spat at and threatened is a different level.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads on the Abbeyfeale incident, there youths are scheduled at home Saturday with only 1 ref so the problem maybe solved. Either way there’s more than 2 sides to the story which I’ve heard multiple times with different things getting added. On the flip side, it doesn’t look good on the league with 2/3 games abandoned due to incidents with refs this season alone does it?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    P O’Brien...it was so bad at one stage both teams were laughing at decisions...again I hate giving out about referees as it’s a thankless job but he’s insanely bad

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Lads I agree refs are poor but there is 2 or 3 decent ones, I don't agree with naming them on here though, iv had A few things to say about refs recently but think it's a bit unfair to put there names up..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Friday 19th April is the first evening game

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Normally wouldn't but it was so bad like probably the worst i ever saw !!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Kildimo deducted three points from that game against Granagh a while back. Didn't they get the points originally i.e. the game has been deemed void?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Kildimo deducted three points from that game against Granagh a while back. Didn't they get the points originally i.e. the game has been deemed void?
    No sure Granagh won the game. Surely if Kildimo were docked points for being the cause of game abandonment why didn’t it happen to the other teams as well?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Where did you see that they were deducted the points? AK and Granagh have been given the wins for two abandoned games this season. Abbey youths was a cup game so I'm not sure what non-financial penalty they could be given.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westernflow View Post
    Where did you see that they were deducted the points? AK and Granagh have been given the wins for two abandoned games this season. Abbey youths was a cup game so I'm not sure what non-financial penalty they could be given.
    Observer.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I hear all Abbey games pulled again this weekend.heard it from a referee..anyone else hear this? Thought it was sorted by league wit suspensions and fines?? If its true, will league ever be finished if Abbey are not thrown out.???

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    If its true, will league ever be finished if Abbey are not thrown out.???
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast