Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Breska also won the Youths Division 2 title today. I think that’s their first team at that level since 13/14.
    Very good result for broadford today, I’ve seen that Charleville team play before and they are very good at playing ball

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Well done to broadford one of the few youth teams in West Limerick with ability and ( a team )
    Two more walkovers out of 4 matchs fixed yesterday , clash with hurling matchs apparently. This summer soccer underage will be great fun .
    PS Should referees get full payment for walkovers ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    There's life in Ballingarry yet.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Cannot understand why clubs wait until an hour or two before kick-off to inform the league that they are giving a walkover when the fixtures for both codes are known well in advance and clubs could arrange an alternative time or date to play the game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Granagh were winning 3-2 against Kildimo when it was abandoned after 88 minutes. The website has it down as abandoned with no result.
    Am I right in saying that once a game passes a certain amount of minutes and something happens that the result stands?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thats the second abandonment of the season following AK BReska in Jan. Yes, once over 60 mins (I stand to be corrected, the result may stand) a game should only be blown up early at this point also. As for youths, Breska Carrig kick off was changed to 12pm for hurling AFAIK as st kierans were playing at 4pm. I know the GAA wouldn't care but they should try to arragne set days for soccer and set times for gaa. it will be to the loss of clubs and players from the game.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Granagh were winning 3-2 against Kildimo when it was abandoned after 88 minutes. The website has it down as abandoned with no result.
    Am I right in saying that once a game passes a certain amount of minutes and something happens that the result stands?
    Story I got was:
    It was 2-1 to Granagh and on 87 minutes Kildimo equalized.
    From the kick off Granagh went up the field and there was an alleged foul which wasn't given, everyone stopped briefly anticipating a whistle, but seeing as the referre's whistle didn't blow, Granagh played on and scored.
    Then hilarity ensured...
    Referee Eugene Noonan called the game off, allegedly received quite a bit of abuse from the Kildimo side.
    I think it depends what the score was after 60 minutes when a game gets abandoned as far as points go, but I'm very much open to correction on that

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    Same thing, Shur why won’t u go to the AGM and take the job. I think that’s a fair question since ye are criticising the current system, or is it that ye couldn’t b bothered
    Nobody is having a go at the running of the league but I think it’s a fair question to ask for a few weeks advance notice of fixtures. It seriously hampers our ability to field a team and just leads to more walkovers. Which I’m sure is the same for other clubs.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Granagh to get the points so? If that’s what happened Cruyff you’d have to feel for Kildimo as they had thought they’d rescued a point but only to have it taken from them by confusion. Still, no excuse to verbally abuse the ref? They are more or less gone now, would take a lot for them to stay up!

KB have conceded 24 goals in their last 5 games (two 7:0 thrashing’s). The amalgamation doesn’t seem to be working too well there, what’s going on?

Another convincing result for Rathkeale this weekend gone. I don’t see anyone taking points off them other than Abbey and even if abbey do I don’t think that’ll be enough!!

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good morning. Any Junior results from the weekend?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=Shearer;1992613]There's life in Ballingarry yet.

Glin must have been very under strength for this beating as they'd normally match them comfortably to say the least

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ballingarry v Broadford. Shauntrade v Ncw. Granagh v Glin. All off today

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I'd love to know how ballingarry vs broadford was off but kildimo vs abbeyfeale was played in kildimo. Kildimo with one of the worst pitches in the league

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    I'd love to know how ballingarry vs broadford was off but kildimo vs abbeyfeale was played in kildimo. Kildimo with one of the worst pitches in the league
    Supposedly the pitch is destroyed after it...

There was a Youths match played on Saturday that I watched and the pitch was barely fit to be walked on after...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Clubs minding pitches.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Game shouldn’t have gone ahead in Kildimo - pitch won’t be playable for another week or two now if the weather continues, totally wrecked pitch!
    Two matches played on Ballingarry pitch Saturday and if they played on it yesterday it would have got destroyed like Kildimos. Right decision calling it off.

Why the league didn’t have a blanket call off with a yellow warning in place is ridiculous. Don’t like giving out about them but especially for cup games when we know on a Friday that pitches won’t be playable it’s just giving up home advantage when there is nothing a club can do!
    Glin travelled all the way to Granagh then. Granagh’s pitch is barely playable in the summer not to mind when we have had weather we had in the last week.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Clubs minding pitches.
    Yeah for sure, and with all the underage back training and seasons starting either last week or this week there will be a lot of traffic on pitches over the coming weeks.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I agree with the blanket cancellation call for a Friday esp with cup games but I can also understand the league wanting to have games played. They will not want a repeat of last season with it continuing to mid late June. I do think tho with the league cup that they should bite d bullet and play the games under lights in clonreask. I know this was mentioned at the agm but they shot it down fairly quickly. All clubs pay towards the upkeep so let clubs utilise it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The cup game issue would be sorted if we had one astro in the league. Could have played a game every wednesday since October and we'd be through most cups.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by westernflow View Post
    The cup game issue would be sorted if we had one astro in the league. Could have played a game every wednesday since October and we'd be through most cups.
    Manor field AstroTurf???

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast