Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westernflow View Post
    Things are going down hill fast. Some hammerings in the cup games yesterday and a few walkovers. I wonder are the League concerned by these trends or are they happy with the few bob from the fines picked up weekly?
    The second one

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Good game this weekend coming. Rathkeale vs Broadford. Rathkeale just shading it for me

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Good game this weekend coming. Rathkeale vs Broadford. Rathkeale just shading it for me
    If they win Sunday then they're well on course to win the league. With that said, Broadford are known for going on lengthy runs from the second half onwards and are still in the hunt. I'd say if you went back over the years a lot of the points they drop come within the first few games.

Heard that NCW Town B really put it up to Abbeyfeale at the weekend (despite the scoreline).
    I can't see anything but a Michael's win this Sunday. Top of their league as always and probably will make the final of the FAI provided they don't meet Sheriff. What's more, you can be guaranteed that loss to Abbey a few years ago still burdens them. Best of luck to Abbeyfeale, love this competition.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Premier league opposition for Rathkeale, Abbey and Broadford in the Desmond Cup 2nd round. All 3 also away from home

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    All the games in city off this weekend bar the FAI... I presume we'll follow with blanket call?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond18 View Post
    All the games in city off this weekend bar the FAI... I presume we'll follow with blanket call?
    They'll wait and see what way tomorrow is first I'd imagine... They are always exaggerating with the warnings

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post
    They'll wait and see what way tomorrow is first I'd imagine... They are always exaggerating with the warnings
    If there are weather warnings in place at any stage over a weekend then all games should be off no questions asked. They are the experts and should be taken at their word. I don’t think people should be put in needless danger traveling to games over a game of ball. And that’s before we get started on damage done to pitches in a season where we are well ahead of schedule heading into mid Feb

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Just a note lads:

Alan Murphy, Sean Madigan, Andy Quaid and Marty Madden all represented UL who were runners-up in the Collingwood Cup during the week.
    Karl O'Sullivan appeared for the Irish Home-Based Under-21's in a friendly against the Irish Juniors during the week, Killian Brouder was on standby for that squad while Chris Smith was on standby for the Juniors.
    Paul Sheehan was capped for the Irish Defence Forces not too long ago too as they qualified for the Military World Cup.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    If there are weather warnings in place at any stage over a weekend then all games should be off no questions asked. They are the experts and should be taken at their word. I don’t think people should be put in needless danger traveling to games over a game of ball. And that’s before we get started on damage done to pitches in a season where we are well ahead of schedule heading into mid Feb
    In fairness, after the night we just had the games should be called off first thing this morning. I know the weather is ok today but pitches are soaking and will be destroyed. Force them this week and then we will go a month without games

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If it’s not needed to call a blanket it shouldn’t be called. Leave it up2 d clubs if pitches are playable let matches be played. Happened a lot last year where pitches were playable but blanket called.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    What they'll do is they'll text the club's with good pitches asking for an update, if those clubs come back and say the pitches should be alright tomorrow, then they'll wait as late as possible tonight for club's to check again and then decide.

What'll probably happen is a handful of club's will ring today and say their pitches are unplayable and most others will chance it, lots of clubs have a full team this time of year and won't care about weather or pitches, they'll just want to get their best team out and win a game regardless of what damage it might do.

If enough club's ring in early today and say their pitches will definitely be unplayable then ye'll get ye're blanket call off.

So boys, get onto ye're secretaries straight away and we'll all get to go on the tear tonight 😁

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post
    What they'll do is they'll text the club's with good pitches asking for an update, if those clubs come back and say the pitches should be alright tomorrow, then they'll wait as late as possible tonight for club's to check again and then decide.

What'll probably happen is a handful of club's will ring today and say their pitches are unplayable and most others will chance it, lots of clubs have a full team this time of year and won't care about weather or pitches, they'll just want to get their best team out and win a game regardless of what damage it might do.

If enough club's ring in early today and say their pitches will definitely be unplayable then ye'll get ye're blanket call off.

So boys, get onto ye're secretaries straight away and we'll all get to go on the tear tonight 😁
    surely if they are going to do it, then please do it before the Irish match. There is no point delaying a decision until late this evening when it’s too late for lads to make plans for their free weekend

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No blanket cancellation anyways

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Heard Rathkeale v Broadford is a 10.30 k.o in the morning in case anybody is going

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    How did pitches fare today? I was at a game today and the pitch held up quite well. Rathkeale 2-0 winners today also, interesting result.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Youth quarter finals were down for Saturday gone by , 2 walkovers in the 3 games that were scheduled ??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbeyman View Post
    Youth quarter finals were down for Saturday gone by , 2 walkovers in the 3 games that were scheduled ??
    Youths is a total disaster....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westernflow View Post
    How did pitches fare today? I was at a game today and the pitch held up quite well. Rathkeale 2-0 winners today also, interesting result.
    They're always overestimating with the weather warnings

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Worrying trend in the youths league. Interest not there from players, club s or what is the story? Rathkeale have pulled out. NCW, Abbey, Mountcollins, Ferry have all given walkovers this season. Where are we going at all? I genuinely think that if they asked the players, the 2:30pm games are a put off. FAir play to broadford who look on course for another youths title. they seem to be able to keep it going at that age.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I arrived in Rathkeale at 11.30 yesterday for the game but they were already into 2nd half !!!! why was it switched to 10.30 ?? Anyway from what i saw Rathkeale very comfortable & never looked in danger. Broadford did seem to be missing quiet a few like King & O'Brien. Offered very little danger to rathkeale back 3 .... Enright & Hartnett totally controlled midfield. Very hard to see them slipping up now for the year in league & cup with possibly Abbeyfeale only threat to them for the double.

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast