Thread: Stephen Bradley interview in the independent

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Stephen Bradley interview in the independent

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-37042716.html

Fairly interesting article here about Stephen Bradley and his career so far. Thought some people might be interested in it and not seen it yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Ezeikal likes this. Busy drafting his response as we speak.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I also like 3 day old news dump and run in rain to forget

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I also like 3 day old news dump and run in rain to forget
    Sorry mate but some of us have jobs to do so cant sit glued to our phones waiting for replies all day.

May be 3 days old but not posted here and covers a lot of potential conversion points around the league.

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    The article does not appear to have got much reaction, either here or on Twitter. Maybe the novelty of the enigma has worn off

Not one ounce of personal responsibility evident here.Arsenal paid me too much! Irish football never offered me a shrink before I went away! Dunfermline was rubbish! My Rovers team is too young to challenge because I'm taking a long-term view!Amazing.
    https://twitter.com/alanob2112/statu...06667676110848

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Bradley always comes across as a decent guy.
    Just an observation, but his experience as a kid in London does seem to have positively influenced his management of young players. His problem is that he cant get the best out of older experienced players .

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Very interesting read, and that was a shocking incident which nearly killed him when he was attacked in London. To be fair he wasn’t the first young player nor the last to earn ridiculous amount of money and not even close to the first team, but he certainly didn’t deserve what happened.

Would agree though with DT, that his biggest challenge is he can’t get even close to max out of his more experienced players, a MF of Finn and G Bolger would fall into that bracket, not to mention younger talents A Bolger and Miele (who seems to have drifted) all should have delivered more. I often wonder about Finn, he cant be happy with that team and his scene now, and may even miss out on Europe next season.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Standard enough story.Apart from the horrific attack on him in London you could cut and paste for hundreds of youngsters. Bradley always seems happier dealing with young players and developing them, (and he is spoken highly of by any I encountered) but I'm not sure developing young lads for export will be enough for Shams. they are a long way off Dundalk / Cork and the gap is certainly not getting any smaller IMHO. a poor record in Dublin derbies of late is also going to alienate some shams supporters.

Honestly don't see how he is taking the club forward, would be interested to hear shams views.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    The article does not appear to have got much reaction, either here or on Twitter. Maybe the novelty of the enigma has worn off

7 hours 51 minutes Ezeikial, did you spend all or just most of that looking for that negative view on the article considering all the positive views on it from, and i say this fully aware that Alan is a poster on here so hello Alan if you're reading this don't take it too personally, a lot more relevant people in the world of Irish football, he's also taken a leaf out of your book and selectively read bits in a way to fit into preconceived ideas about Bradley.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Interesting enough read. Doesn't seem to take personal responsibility for things though and the tough life angle is overstated a bit. Aside from the attack, that's awful. I'm sure he's a decent chap but he's not doing a good job at all at Rovers. Suits me, I'm a Bohs fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    7 hours 51 minutes Ezeikial, did you spend all or just most of that looking for that negative view on the article considering all the positive views on it from, and i say this fully aware that Alan is a poster on here so hello Alan if you're reading this don't take it too personally, a lot more relevant people in the world of Irish football, he's also taken a leaf out of your book and selectively read bits in a way to fit into preconceived ideas about Bradley.
    Apart from the account of the horrific attack in London, I found little in the article that added any new perspective either on Stephen Bradley as a player or coach or for that matter on the Shamrock Rovers "project".

The evidence of his tenure at Shamrock Rovers indicates that he is a poor tactician, has questionable player recruitment judgement, makes foolish media statements, is highly arrogant and is significantly under-achieving based on the players at his disposal. Apart from that he may well be a grand chap.

Long may he continue at Rovers
    #4MoreYears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    The evidence of your tenure on foot.ie is that u need to find another interest in life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The evidence of your tenure on foot.ie is that u need to find another interest in life.
    That may well be the case, but it would be disrespectful not to reply to Rathfarnham Hoop when he so clearly wanted a response

BTW, If you have a contrary view on Bradley's prowess as a coach and manager, feel free to express it
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 28/06/2018 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I'm going to go and argue with a wall for practise first.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

Fairly ridiculous reaction from the fellow you've quoted there. Bradley said the money obviously corrupted him but he didn't come across like he was blaming anyone but himself for that. Obviously his management of the team hasn't been good enough, but the testimony from lads like Burke about how much he's helped him are great achievements. All in all, comes across like a good guy from that article.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Very interesting read, and that was a shocking incident which nearly killed him when he was attacked in London. To be fair he wasn’t the first young player nor the last to earn ridiculous amount of money and not even close to the first team, but he certainly didn’t deserve what happened.

Would agree though with DT, that his biggest challenge is he can’t get even close to max out of his more experienced players, a MF of Finn and G Bolger would fall into that bracket, not to mention younger talents A Bolger and Miele (who seems to have drifted) all should have delivered more. I often wonder about Finn, he cant be happy with that team and his scene now, and may even miss out on Europe next season.
    Finn will probably play in Burke's position now, which will suit him more. Bolger has been nursing an injury for most of the season so hopefully he can get over that and improve for the rest of the year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    I felt that he was quite critical of himself in that piece, not handling money well when young and arrogance in a naive way led to his playing career stalling - the excessive spending was noted and led to the attack, that he lost motivation thinking he had made it. He was pointing out what went wrong for him and suggesting that these issues need addressing. He is now obviously trying to make sure that other kids dont make the mistakes he made. He obviously regrets how things went and is trying to make up for it by busting himself now in coaching. Maybe he wont make a great manager, not everyone does no matter how much they want to be, be he cant be faulted for effort and he is certainly a respected coach if not a manager.

21. Thanks From: