Thanked in
    1 Post
    Its a result!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Strange game! Utterly appalling first 30 minutes. Shels' left-back in particular (Rogers or Crawley, not sure which) was quite content to hoof the ball up the pitch every single time he got possession, most of the time not even bothering to look up. Portadown were just as bad, though the commentators declared it the most exciting half hour of football the world has even seen! Crowe was poor as well, I thought - his lay-offs didn't work, his shot when clean through (first time with the outside of the boot) was lazy (though disallowing his first-half effort was harsh) and Hawkins didn't really impress either. Maybe Bohs are taking the system down from the inside!

Quality goal from Byrne though, and from yer man Boyle at the end. Just about worth watching the whole thing for those two goals alone. Goalkeeping and defending on both sides was very suspect...two poor performances from Shels and two home draws against arguably inferior opposition to start the season - the rest of the league must be delighted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Shels were really poor (don't know how Fenlon and Baker thought they had a decent first half). Baker was deserved MOM. Moore hit a cracker of a shot off the bar but he goes missing too much. Superb goal by Byrne but Boyle's was by far the best. Michael Collins is a tosser and if I could get odds on him being sent off when Shels travel to Portadown I'll definitely take them.

The commentators really have to drop the bias. "a harsh call by the ref" "No it was a definite foul", "decent pass" "you're being a bit too kind", etc, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Maybe Bohs are taking the system down from the inside!

Brilliant ..... i knew there had to be some method to the madness !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tell me this lads is Setanta free in da south? My mate from Dublin says he gets it on NTL. I thought I was gonna get in free on Sky, then it scrambled just before the match started. Atmosphere sounded ok...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Talking

Aha atmosphere sounded ok but was all 'Ports' (is that what i supposed to call them?) under the camera.

I just came in before the shel$ first goal & while quality of defending was poor thought fairly entertaining (goals can make any game worth watching).

Shel$ very uncharacteristically poor in defense, Crowe didn't look interested €€€€€€€€ & with all their attacking players Fenlon plays nice cautious team (Moore on left & takes off forward when 3-2) to give Ports a chance.

Perfect result for City.

Setanta Cup has had 9 goals in 2 games & seems to be Irelands Chapions League as no use playing for draw in groups.

Goal to get draw was a cracker.

Thought Setanta coverage 1st rate, plenty of cameras, prompt interviews post match & commentary was good. Setanta Boys a bit biased but not at all as bad as Sky boyos.

Who is the presenter standing next to Dolan? Would i have seen him elsewhere?

Setanta is free with NTL in Dublin. Think Setanta did bulk deal with NTL. NTL might be taking cut of ads or trying to make themselves different from SKY. THink they have €99 year offer to subscribe through SKY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyh
    Tell me this lads is Setanta free in da south? My mate from Dublin says he gets it on NTL. I thought I was gonna get in free on Sky, then it scrambled just before the match started. Atmosphere sounded ok...
    They were offering a months freeview but that has now expired AFAIK. It costs €99 for the year through Sky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    That is one brutal result. Leaking 3 goals at home. I expected a lot more from all the new signings. Its hardly a inspiring start to the season, two home draws.

Were going to have to beat CCFC and I dont know if Shels will tbh. Defending was dreadful. Fenlon is going to have to give a major kick up the ass to some of those players.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That's a bad result for the donabate dons.
    Tough away trips now to the ****** backyard and to Portadown.
    Have made life difficult for themselves.

Mod edited, Pm'd User
    Last edited by pete; 22/03/2005 at 9:54 PM.
    Business as usual

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Great Game!

I thought the game was great - 3-3 draw some great goals and good passing moves. Yeah there were a few mistakes and goalkeeping howlers but that's always gonna happen when it's 3-3! Ports had 2 off the line in the first half too!
    The crowd and atmosphere was decent too - hopefully it will bode well for the future of the competition.
    One thing I was thinking though is would it not be better to have more clubs involved.
    If there were 2 groups of 5 teams with 2 home games and 2 away it would be the same number of games for each team but more teams involved.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyh
    I personally don't know anyone around my area (Pearse Street area) that actually pays anything to get the terrestrial channels. We all have cables and are getting the signal from NTL but for some reason you'd be doing well to see someone with an NTL bill around here.

I actually only found out a couple of years back that we were supposed to pay anything. I always though the basic 14 channels were free for everyone in Dublin. How I found out was I rang RTE because my signal had been scrambled. She asked me who my cable provider was and I told her I didn't have one.

Anyway, back to football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    How many were there ball park ??
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Attendence was 2,711

Simply ****e performance for most of the match, some good passing but Crawley is an embarassment. Hoof every time he gets it, how can you build a passege of play with him in the team? Every time he plays it's the same. The front two were decent, Crowe getting a goal that was then disallowed for no reason anyone who's seen it can actually come up with, and Byrne getting a cracker. Harris was hopeless when he came on and messed up the whole defence that was doing fairly well until then. Moore was much much better than against UCD, ie he bothered showing up, being on the left suits him better. Very unlucky not to score.

Overall Shels were awful bar a minority of the match when we were passing it around very nicely, we're absolutley miles off our best right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    As much as I HATE shels, I actually wanted them to win last night just because of that sc*mbag knacker Collins. What a PR*CK

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Agree 100% that Michael Collins is a dick.
    Only saw the first half and the last 5 mins. Thought the first 30 mins were very poor, but the goals made up for it. Hope the scoring rate keeps up - Setanta took a chance investing in this competition and I hope it is a success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS4EVER
    As much as I HATE shels, I actually wanted them to win last night just because of that sc*mbag knacker Collins. What a PR*CK
    I'd have to disagree, thought it was quality watching shels getting kicked around the place as opposed to them doing the kicking. Although that Collins guy deserved a red card twice! Raised his hands to Heary and went in with the studs on Byrne I think it was. But I wasn't bothered too much

Should be a good game next monday at the cross with shels needing a win.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc
    Should be a good game next monday at the cross with shels needing a win.
    So do City.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    So do City.....
    Which is why it should be a good game. I hope there is a good crowd there and the St Annes end fills up. It will look good for the TV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast