Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $hels v Portadown

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    2000-2200 home fans at Tolka is goof for shel$. Would be surprised if they beat that all season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Considering we beat that only a week ago I wouldn't be so suprised.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Considering we beat that only a week ago I wouldn't be so suprised.
    How many UCD fans at 1st league game of season? 100?
    What was total including them?

So you beat by 200 odd?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete

So you beat by 200 odd?
    The total was 2,477 iirc, it's in the attendences thread, and I think Stu or one of the other UCD fans guesstimated there were around 100 UCD fans there yeah.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD
    Collins v Heary just before he was subbed was great stuff altogether. Hilarious. I can't wait for the re-match. (Always thought Heary was a thug and he met his match last night.)
    that was brilliant alright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    that was brilliant alright
    Amazing, Shels are "scum", someone doing it to Shels is "brilliant".

It was the refs fault anyway, he was farcially inept (As he always is). If Portadown saw they could get away with that kind of thing early on than you can't blame them for it in fairness to them, what I wouldn't give for an even halfway competent ref in this league...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Amazing, Shels are "scum", someone doing it to Shels is "brilliant".

It was the refs fault anyway, he was farcially inept (As he always is). If Portadown saw they could get away with that kind of thing early on than you can't blame them for it in fairness to them, what I wouldn't give for an even halfway competent ref in this league...
    I'd like to see all that kind of messing eradicated, but Shels are no angels, Heary especially. This is a team which surrounds and intimidates referees if it doesn't get its own way, going so far as to push a ref (Heary, at turners cross) on at least one occasion. I don't blame shels for it- if you can get away with it and you get an advantage, why not? Its weak refereeing and it needs to be stamped out. I'm not saying I agree with that kind of behaviour as a matter of principle, but shels are the worst culprits in the league and its nice to see them get a taste of their own medicine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd like to see all that kind of messing eradicated, but Shels are no angels, Heary especially. This is a team which surrounds and intimidates referees if it doesn't get its own way, going so far as to push a ref (Heary, at turners cross) on at least one occasion. I don't blame shels for it- if you can get away with it and you get an advantage, why not? Its weak refereeing and it needs to be stamped out. I'm not saying I agree with that kind of behaviour as a matter of principle, but shels are the worst culprits in the league and its nice to see them get a taste of their own medicine
    I agree with you that it's the refs fault, but glorifying a potentially career ending tackle on Alan Moore simply because it was against Shels is daft and hypocritical.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    but glorifying a potentially career ending tackle on Alan Moore simply because it was against Shels is daft and hypocritical.
    eh, if you look at the piece of his comment I quoted, I was applauding his behaviour towards Heary, never mentioned the tackle. No one in their right mind would agree with that- it was just plain wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    eh, if you look at the piece of his comment I quoted, I was applauding his behaviour towards Heary, never mentioned the tackle. No one in their right mind would agree with that- it was just plain wrong.
    Ah well my mistake so, that's fair enough, though I've no idea what his little gesture thing was all in aid of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    from what ive been told, your manager has done his homework and picked out Collins as a hot-head and someone he can wind up. the whole match Collins was getting smart wee coments about everything from Belfast, his play, his head etc. etc. getting more treatment than anyone else so this is probably what lead up to it!

im not in anyway saying what he did was right and the tackle wasnt called for and he was lucky to stay on.....but youse didnt happen to see you number 3 pushing Niell in the second half no, or was this bit missed out?
    ....Whos the Daddy??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I genuinley didn't see our number 3, Crawley, push anyone. But a nice long suspension for him could only boost our chances of winning the tournament.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Most teams have players who can mix it, and football can be narky and nasty at times. Collins stood out as a nasty little player, but to be fair, he's on the team to help his team win, and if he could do that by getting Heary riled, then he's using his head (I'm not talking about the tackle on Moore, rather the goading of Heary)
    Despite what happened in one incident at the Cross the year before last - which Cork fans seem to think is total and irreversible proof that Shels are thugs - Shels don't employ hatchet man tactics. We have hard men, who take no quarter, but so do all good teams, Shels no more than the rest.
    However, where Shels fall down big time is when we are goaded by the likes of Collins, Molloy, Reynolds etc, who quite rightly see their best chance of success is inviting retaliation and making Shels losing discipline. We were hammered by Rovers at Richer last year, precisely because we resorted to a private battle , rather than concentrating on the football.
    I fully expect Rovers to try the same tactic tomorrow night, and it will be interesting to see if a) the ref keeps his nerve and b) Shels keep their professionalism.
    No Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones
    In 1977

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts

So you beat by 200 odd?
    Not trying to knock Shels (can't as a UCD fan, and I've actually stood up for them in this regard numerous times), but there would have been a fair few neutrals at both games which no-one's taking into account.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sheliban
    Despite what happened in one incident at the Cross the year before last - which Cork fans seem to think is total and irreversible proof that Shels are thugs - Shels don't employ hatchet man tactics. We have hard men, who take no quarter, but so do all good teams, Shels no more than the rest.
    The Bohs-Shels game at Dalymount towards the end of last season is further proof of Shels thuggishness though. Stephen Ward had his ankle broken and the ref bottled it rather than giving both Heary and Crawley second yellows; there were disgraceful tackles flying in all over the place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    2000-2200 home fans at Tolka is goof for shel$. Would be surprised if they beat that all season.
    Can all Cork fans ( and other begrudgers ) [SIZE=3]SHUT UP whining [/SIZE]about attendances in Tolka!?!?!?!

OK, if the league was decided on average home gates then Cork would probably win every year -but it's NOT!!!!

This is has been brought up as a pathetic excuse to have a go at Shels for as far as I can remember on these forums. WE GET THE MESSAGE so give it up!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123