Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: Weekend Games: 08th/09th/10th June

  1. #1
    First Team HarpoJoyce's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    www.ucdsupporters.ie
    Posts
    1,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    162
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

    Weekend Games: 08th/09th/10th June

    SSE Airtricity League, Fri 08th June, UCD AFC v Drogheda Utd., UCD Bowl, ko 19:45

    1st plays 2nd in a mouth-watering* game at The UCD Bowl, between two on-form sides looking to pick-up the only automatic promotion place.
    Summer of Football at The UCD Bowl continues as both sets of fans will bring colour and noise to the Stadium.
    All Football Fans are welcome to soak up the occasion and watch some of the best young talent in Irish Football on a beautiful evening for Football. #UCD #COYBIB


    *Teas and soft drinks provided.
    Last edited by Mr A; 12/06/2018 at 10:16 AM.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

  2. #2
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,714
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    276
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Will we all be blown away??

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #3
    Reserves ArFella's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    314
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    211
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    100
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Away from the bright lights of the UCD Bowl there are some less prestigious games going on this weekend, here's the full rundown:


    Tonight's Games:

    Premier Division
    Bohemians v Derry City
    Dundalk v Limerick
    Waterford v St Patrick's Athletic

    First Division
    Athlone Town v Shelbourne
    Cabinteely v Longford Town
    Galway United v Finn Harps
    UCD v Drogheda United

    Saturday:
    Premier Division
    Shamrock Rovers v Bray Wanderers
    Sligo Rovers v Cork City

    First Division
    Cobh Ramblers v Wexford
    Mon the Town!

  5. #4
    First Team HarpoJoyce's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    www.ucdsupporters.ie
    Posts
    1,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    162
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Will we all be blown away??
    I hope so.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

  6. #5
    International Prospect sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    6,108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    840
    Thanked in
    632 Posts
    Beautiful evening in stradbrook to watch former hoop Marty waters score against a team in red and black....ominous stat for longford.....he never failed to score when playing bohs...

  7. #6
    International Prospect sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    6,108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    840
    Thanked in
    632 Posts
    Decent enough game on chances made Cabo are value for the 1 nil but longford look like they have a goal in thwm

  8. #7
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    37,979
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,642
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,861
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts
    Men against boys in the Bowl.

    Super performance. Could have been more

  9. #8
    Reserves MattB11's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Harps beat Galway in Terryland, 2004 was the last time we done that

  10. #9
    International Prospect sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    6,108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    840
    Thanked in
    632 Posts
    Good win for Cabo will give them hope for a run st the playoffs

  11. #10
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,714
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    276
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Fair play to Dylan Connolly - who is out to make a fool of me for my ott critical opinion of him(though i doubt he cares) in the past.He's been excellent lately,and was again last night.
    Hoban is some guy.A man possessed?A work rate like no other i've ever seen.When not scoring he's back in mf directing and motivating others.
    Adorjan on a different level.

    Lims got unlucky with the early injuries for Clifford and Maguire has to pointed out.Dundalk cleared lines early on but it was really one way traffic 2nd half.

  12. #11
    Reserves trevy's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    753
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Waterford had a comfortable win in the end v St Pats who had a man sent off after 15 minutes for bringing down Akinade just outside box. Pats hit the bar early on and first half was fairly even. Duffus headed straight at Murphy from super cross by Akinade before half-time . Duffus headed Waterford in front from rebound after Akinade hit the bar. Akinade made it 2 0 to wrap it up.
    Some young St Pats fans were getting rowdy and one shirtless young lad was thrown out. I could see him acting up from stand on other side so Gardai had no bother picking him out. Till rolls were thrown onto pitch briefly stalling game in 1st half. Who is Niall Hannigan whose name was on big flag St Pats fans had?

  13. #12
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    86
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Waterford had a comfortable win in the end v St Pats who had a man sent off after 15 minutes for bringing down Akinade just outside box. Pats hit the bar early on and first half was fairly even. Duffus headed straight at Murphy from super cross by Akinade before half-time . Duffus headed Waterford in front from rebound after Akinade hit the bar. Akinade made it 2 0 to wrap it up.
    Some young St Pats fans were getting rowdy and one shirtless young lad was thrown out. I could see him acting up from stand on other side so Gardai had no bother picking him out. Till rolls were thrown onto pitch briefly stalling game in 1st half. Who is Niall Hannigan whose name was on big flag St Pats fans had?
    Niall Hannigan was a huge Pats fan who sadly passed away a few years back.

  14. #13
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,065
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    56
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Men against boys in the Bowl.

    Super performance. Could have been more
    Hopefully we use it to wake up a bit - we seem to have a mid season malaise setting in.
    Drogheda United in this together

  15. #14
    Reserves disgruntled's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    789
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    347
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Fair play to Dylan Connolly - who is out to make a fool of me for my ott critical opinion of him(though i doubt he cares) in the past.He's been excellent lately,and was again last night.
    Hoban is some guy.A man possessed?A work rate like no other i've ever seen.When not scoring he's back in mf directing and motivating others.
    Adorjan on a different level.

    Lims got unlucky with the early injuries for Clifford and Maguire has to pointed out.Dundalk cleared lines early on but it was really one way traffic 2nd half.
    Credit to Hoban who has taken the Premier division by storm but are Dundalk in danger of becoming a one man team ?

  16. #15
    Seasoned Pro White Horse's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    3,714
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    251
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,056
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    Credit to Hoban who has taken the Premier division by storm but are Dundalk in danger of becoming a one man team ?
    There are novenas being prayed in Dundalk about keeping Hoban fit.

    Recruiting another striker must be a priority in the transfer window.

  17. #16
    Seasoned Pro oriel's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Border
    Posts
    4,381
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    646
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    462
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Missed most of the first half, damn trains delayed from Dublin, but heard I didn't miss much and got in on time to see Hoban score the first goal. Second half was a stroll, Adjoran looking a quality player, would love to see him start v Cork at the end of the month.

    Incredible to think only 14 games left, 15 for those playing tonight.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

  18. #17
    Seasoned Pro El-Pietro's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,614
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,322
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    646
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Hoban is having a great season to be fair to him. Wonder if JC regrets not signing him last summer, though apparently he was asking for a serious wage at the time and he didn't end up signing for anyone.

  19. #18
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    912
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    He was injured last summer which is the reason he has said many times he didn’t sign for Dundalk last summer

  20. #19
    Seasoned Pro White Horse's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    3,714
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    251
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,056
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Hoban is having a great season to be fair to him. Wonder if JC regrets not signing him last summer, though apparently he was asking for a serious wage at the time and he didn't end up signing for anyone.
    I'm sure if Caulfield could go back in time, he would offer him that serious wage.

    However, as has been mentioned, he was injured and was returning from a dreadful period in England.

    He is much better player now than in his first spell with Dundalk.

  21. #20
    First Team patrickccfc's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Posts
    1,841
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    213
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Ye might be hearing from Preston soon enough lads😂

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LOI Weekend 10th/11th July
    By Dunny in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 14/07/2015, 3:26 PM
  2. Weekend Sun 10th - Mon 11th
    By thischarmingman in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 14/06/2011, 7:08 PM
  3. Weekend 9th/10th Oct
    By Fester in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 13/10/2010, 4:55 PM
  4. Cork City supporters club meeting 09th June'09
    By dhegarty in forum Cork City
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/06/2009, 7:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •