Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights games 1/06/18

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Leicester won the epl against teams with a budget of multiples of them if cork hang in I will take my hat off to them but they are battling uphill. You have to give them credit for getting to here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    We were absolutely awful tonight but I was also surprised by how Bray played. We are shipping to many stupid goals to have any chance of a european place. We are in dire need of a goal scorer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Leicester won the epl against teams with a budget of multiples of them if cork hang in I will take my hat off to them but they are battling uphill. You have to give them credit for getting to here
    Are you suggesting Dundalk's budget is multiples of Cork's?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Do you realise that if we win on Monday we will be first with 15 games left?
    I am 100% admiring of cork this year but I feel you are overachieving and dundalk have more gears. If you go on and win the league it will be a tremendous achievement..bigger than last year imo

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Reports surfacing (well one report from Paul O'Hehir on Twitter) that Limerick haven't paid their players and have told them all they can go.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    How Lopes wasn't sent off for that assault on McGrath is just beyond beyond!Ref Connolly obv knew this match was on TV and he wasn't going to ruin it for the 'punters' sitting on their arses at home Fcuking shocking reffing!!
    https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1002630414756823041

Dundalk showed up for the 2nd half and in some style.

The Carr & Finn injuries for Rovers defo threw Dundalk some relief but Lopes should have been gone by the time of the injuries anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    That's very disappointing to hear. Just plays into tghe hands of the people who want to put the league down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Do you realise that if we win on Monday we will be first with 15 games left?
    One point ahead with 45 left to play for?

Practically in the bag.

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Reports surfacing (well one report from Paul O'Hehir on Twitter) that Limerick haven't paid their players and have told them all they can go.
    Now the debate: to pull a Monaghan or pull a Galway United?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    How Lopes wasn't sent off for that assault on McGrath is just beyond beyond!Ref Connolly obv knew this match was on TV and he wasn't going to ruin it for the 'punters' sitting on their arses at home Fcuking shocking reffing!!
    https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1002630414756823041

Dundalk showed up for the 2nd half and in some style.

The Carr & Finn injuries for Rovers defo threw Dundalk some relief but Lopes should have been gone by the time of the injuries anyway.
    Finn, Bolger, and Carr were very good for Rovers tonight. Injuries hampered them, very unlucky.

You can see the good things that Bradley is building at Rovers. They need to stick together.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Galway so poor tonight even with an extra man couldn’t break down battling Longford defense Keegan under pressure now got us relegated last season with a decent squad and with the biggest budget by far this season is failing badly again 😡😡

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Finn, Bolger, and Carr were very good for Rovers tonight. Injuries hampered them, very unlucky.

You can see the good things that Bradley is building at Rovers. They need to stick together.
    #4MoreGears

#4MoreYears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Derry were so bad tonight it was unreal! Sligo could have won by five. Derry need to get at least 4/5 new players in in the window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    One point ahead with 45 left to play for?

Practically in the bag.
    I didn't suggest its in the bag, but there is this increasing narrative that the league title is a one horse race. We're past the half way point and theres a very real chance that by the time the top two have played 21 of 36 games that the one horse in that one horse race won't be in first place.
    Dundalk may yet go on to win the league, but there is a battle to be fought for it. Rovers fans suggesting Dundalk will run away with it have lost the run of themselves. Lets not forget we're the defending Double Winning Champions. Its not like we're some suprise team coming out of nowhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I didn't suggest its in the bag, but there is this increasing narrative that the league title is a one horse race. We're past the half way point and theres a very real chance that by the time the top two have played 21 of 36 games that the one horse in that one horse race won't be in first place.
    Dundalk may yet go on to win the league, but there is a battle to be fought for it. Rovers fans suggesting Dundalk will run away with it have lost the run of themselves. Lets not forget we're the defending Double Winning Champions. Its not like we're some suprise team coming out of nowhere.
    I guarantee you there is no-one in Dundalk saying it is a one horse race.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    It's the strength in depth that dundalk have before we eve get to the window that makes me think it is a one horse race. Cork need to be lucky with injuries suspensions ...Not impossible and if they pull it off you'd have to take your hat off

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Rovers fans should be excused if some of them are a little shell shocked. For the record, I think any inference of a comparison between Cork and Leicester is unfair and incorrect.

For starters, the year after Leicester won their league title they finished in the bottom half of their league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I guarantee you there is no-one in Dundalk saying it is a one horse race.
    I'm sure, but your biggest fan Johnny Ward (I know he says hes a Galway fan but...) has used those exact words, and we have Rovers fans in this thread suggesting its a miracle we're in it, and that Dundalk will win it by 8 or 9 points. Probably based off a single game against us in which we were admittedly very poor.
    We have a perfect home record, 9 wins from 9, conceding just one goal. We have conceded only 12 goals all season, 3 of them in that one crazy game against Rovers. We might not play the prettiest football but there is no right way to play. Teams like Pats pass the ball around a lot and it might look nice but we are very good at letting them have the ball in safe areas. We keep a lot of clean sheets and fans are often confused as to how they didn't get a result when they had so much ball, not realising that we have done exactly what we set out to do yet again. Our style is highly effective and has been for over 4 seasons now since John Caulfield came in.
    Tonight was his 152nd league game as manager, hes lost just 22 games, less than 15%, and hes won 101, 66.45%. Thats an insane winning ratio over such a long period of time and hes unfortunate to come up against such a good Dundalk side or he would have more than 1 league title and two FAI Cups to show for himself.

Rovers meanwhile have a comparable budget with both City and Dundalk and set out to compete for the title (they talk a lot at the start of each season about finishing ahead of City and then change their ambition when its clear they are a mess of a club). Since Bradley took the job he has been in charge for 71 games and hes lost 26. Hes won only 31. (43.66%).
    I probably shouldn't care so much about the opinions of others but its ridiculous to have our record under Caulfield not recognised for what it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    It's the strength in depth that dundalk have before we eve get to the window that makes me think it is a one horse race. Cork need to be lucky with injuries suspensions ...Not impossible and if they pull it off you'd have to take your hat off
    I don't think you've even seen our squad. We have a lot of options, and we've been making a lot of changes all season long, with the exception of McNulty and Cummins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Straight shoot out now between Dundalk and Cork, it may well come down to the head to heads, currently 1 a piece but next game in Dundalk.

Impressive win by Cork tonight but Dundalk appear better suited to dealing with going behind and winning, that’s two big games away now that’s happened, both 0-1 down too, Derry (4-1) and Rovers (5-2).

29th June Dlk v Cork. Tasty
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast